Identified! OK - Oklahoma City, Remains found, April 2007 - Mayuko Kawase, 21

Aprilvic

Reaction score
Did anyone else catch this?
I was watching the local news last night, and there was a very short clip about possible remains found near camp ground in Oklahoma. I did not catch it all, but I believe it was around the Norman area.
All I caught was that it's too soon to tell age, sex, height, ect. I immediately thought of Sharon Marshall's son, or possibly Stephen Adams. I looked online and found nothing about it at all.
I will update if I hear anything else.

Oklahoma City police said more human bones have been found at a Boy Scouts of America camp.

Officer Shawn Byrne said the bones were found at Camp Kickapoo in southwest Oklahoma City and have been confirmed as human.

A skull and several bones were found Saturday by several boys and authorities searching the scene found more bones on Sunday.

http://www.koco.com/news/12155596/detail.html

Is it for sure a male? Could it be Jessica O'Grady??
Nevermind ... I guess it would be too far from Omaha?

Prayers for families missing a child ... :(

No boy scouts have gone missing from that site, have they?

I sure hope they can identify the remains and give a family some closure soon.

Is it for sure a male? Could it be Jessica O'Grady??
Nevermind ... I guess it would be too far from Omaha?

Prayers for families missing a child ... :(

That would be quite a trip - Like 8 hours or something....I highly doubt that it is her..... I've seen weirder things happen, though! I hope that they can ID the body soon...

Ok- here is what I found in the Daily Oklahoman today.

Officials have determined that the remains are those of an Asian, Hispanic or American Indian woman, 18 to 25, with an unusual right upper front incisor tooth, police Sgt. Paco Balderrama said. She was wearing a ring made from a horseshoe nail.
The woman — whose remains were found at Camp Kickapoo, 11900 S County Line Rd. — is thought to have died at least two years ago and possibly as much as 10 years ago, Balderrama said.
The cause and manner of death are not known. Anyone with information is asked to call Oklahoma City police homicide detectives at 297-1126.

Maybe it won't be hard for LE to id her since she has a unique ring. I wouldn't think a ring like that would be common. Someone might remember making it for her.

I can't figure it out either, I keep looking in papers and nothing:mad:

The time is off, but I feel someone should report it, I will if you would like. Just let me know!

Linette H,
I hope you are not offended but I called the detective and told him a member here had found Ms. Guarddipee,and we thought it was worth looking into.
He was very nice and said he would contact forensics immediately.

Investigators will analyze DNA from the parents of a student who has been missing nearly six years to determine if bones found in woods last month were hers.

Mayuko "Mayu" Kawase, a 21-year-old student at Oklahoma City Community College, was last seen in August 2001 at her home in south Oklahoma City. She was reported missing by her family in Japan.

Oklahoma City detectives contacted the girl's parents this week for the DNA samples that can be compared to the bones, police Capt. Steve McCool said Thursday.

Homicide Detective Bill Lord said the testing could take up to two months.
"It is very difficult for the family living there and having their daughter here," Lord said. "They want to get closure and, obviously, find out if that's their daughter."

Police have no suspects, homicide detective Bill Lord said. The case is difficult because investigators have little physical evidence and no crime scene.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back