706 users online (82 members and 624 guests)  

Websleuths News

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo

What's up with WS time clock?

I've had to switch the time zone to central time so that the clock on websleuths shows my correct time in the Pacific Time Zone!

PLUS it (WS time) is seven minutes ahead of the atomic clock time!

Correct time is 4:32:00 as I hit post - by the atomic clock; and normally the websleuth's time is right with my atomic clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    I've had to switch the time zone to central time so that the clock on websleuths shows my correct time in the Pacific Time Zone!

PLUS it is six minutes ahead of the atomic clock time!

Correct time is 4:320 as I hit post!, by the atomic clock
    I have noticed that for over a week, maybe when the website was experiencing problems a few weeks back, it did something to the clock. I am eastern time and it shows several hours ahead.
    WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND...HOPEFULLY!

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Quote Originally Posted by MIO View Post
    I have noticed that for over a week, maybe when the website was experiencing problems a few weeks back, it did something to the clock. I am eastern time and it shows several hours ahead.
    Thanks for your reply, MIO.

I must be more unobservant than I thought then. lol I JUST noticed it and I "thought" that I usually do take notice of that.

My posts are 1hour and seven minutes behind.

Maybe it has something to do with the early Daylight Savings Time this year - 3 weeks early.

Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    My posts are 1hour and seven minutes behind.
    Hey there dingo. So are mine! It is set correctly(I checked). My posts and others are acting screwy and posting out of order. Strange.

kimba

Hello Kimba ...strange things are happening with me too....some of my posts are dissappearing and my time is out..I was blaming the time zone thing but it must not be that.

Hey dingo. Well the good thing is that if WS goes down again we have each other's email addies. The bad thing is, well----that WS might go down again. Oh, the thought of withdrawals . I reported the funky issues to tybee and to jeanna(DP). I also, reported it to jelly bean; but, oooops she is not a mod.

kimba

Hopefully things will iron themselves out and we wont go into meltdown again

Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    Hopefully things will iron themselves out and we wont go into meltdown again
    I sure hope not! I love WS and the people here! But, with strength I will survive if we go down. . Then again we might need some white coats and a hospital staff member on call.

kimba

I think strange things are happening all over the net. A Dane forum I also post on, the date was a full day ahead! It was like that for almost a week and just got corrected today.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieMae View Post
    I think strange things are happening all over the net. A Dane forum I also post on, the date was a full day ahead! It was like that for almost a week and just got corrected today.
    Oh, in that case is it Y2K 7 years late? lol

Lion

The times that come up on my posts are not right. How do I fix this.

Go into your User Cp and select Edit Options. Then in the Date & Time Options make the selection for your time zone.

Quote Originally Posted by blaize View Post
    Go into your User Cp and select Edit Options. Then in the Date & Time Options make the selection for your time zone.
    Thanks blaize.