1382 users online (245 members and 1137 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Am I blowing the margins? If so please help me fix it.

Hi. Weeks ago, Someone told me I was blowing the margins. It turned out to be the long url's in one long line. I wanted my 3 pics in a row, so instead of having 3 long url's in a row, I copied and pasted all 3 pics onto 1 new pic. Then I was down to 1 url, and the 2 people helping me said that I fixed it and I was no longer blowing the margins.

Just today, I was again told that I was blowing the margins. She said that it may be that the pic in my siggy is too wide. I went back and narrowed the pic.

Please let me know if I am still blowing the margins. I cannot, and have never been able to see this happen. If I had I would have fixed it immediately. I try to be as considerate as possible, as I don't want for any one's eyes to feel uncomfortable because of me causing the margins to blow.

Thank you in advance.

Lion

You're not blowing the margins. Your first correction was just outside the margins, but not so much so that anyone would have to make adjustments to read. Previously just a little outside the standard post size.

hth......
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    You're not blowing the margins. Your first correction was just outside the margins, but not so much so that anyone would have to make adjustments to read. Previously just a little outside the standard post size.

hth......
    Thank you Cubby. As I understand it, it is good now? The person who told me that I was blowing the margins said it was 4 inches over. I thought, geesh! My siggy or url is really bothersome if it causes that much of a problem. I want it to the point where it doesn't blow the margins at all.

BTW, do different people see different things depending on their individual computer, I wonder?

Lion

Whatever the problem was it seems to be fixed now LionRun! No blown margins that I see.

Quote Originally Posted by chicoliving View Post
    Whatever the problem was it seems to be fixed now LionRun! No blown margins that I see.
    Thank you chicoliving I narrowed my pic. I am glad I fixed it.

Lion

Quote Originally Posted by LionRun View Post
    Thank you Cubby. As I understand it, it is good now? The person who told me that I was blowing the margins said it was 4 inches over. I thought, geesh! My siggy or url is really bothersome if it causes that much of a problem. I want it to the point where it doesn't blow the margins at all.

BTW, do different people see different things depending on their individual computer, I wonder?

Lion
    I would think different size monitors or even different settings on the same size monitors would make a difference

Your sig looks fine to me

I GoodSearch for American Cave Conservation Association. Raise money for your favorite charity or school just by searching the Internet with GoodSearch - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!
    http://www.goodsearch.com/?charityid=908162

I've had no problems with your siggy. Maybe computer/monitor settings have something to do with some seeing blown margins while others don't?

Quote Originally Posted by SadieMae View Post
    I've had no problems with your siggy. Maybe computer/monitor settings have something to do with some seeing blown margins while others don't?
    Thank you SadieMae and MidnightMist. Maybe that is the case. I am glad to have fixed it--I hope!

Lion

IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    Oh my God, You've blown my margins, LionRun!!

Naw, not really. I'm only kidding

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMist View Post
    Oh my God, You've blown my margins, LionRun!!

Naw, not really. I'm only kidding

Ha ha, funny IrishMisty! Hey, I'm running out of perfume. Please send some next day Fed Ex. It's a must have you know!

Lion

You ain't blowin my margins..no matter how nicely you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    You ain't blowin my margins..no matter how nicely you ask me.
    LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LionRun View Post
    Ha ha, funny IrishMisty! Hey, I'm running out of perfume. Please send some next day Fed Ex. It's a must have you know!

Lion
    How many times do I have to tell you not to BATHE in it, Lion??

LOL!!!
    IM you are my partner in Humor Crime .

How many times do I have to tell you not to BATHE in it, Lion??
    Did you have to go tell everyone? I wanted to keep my bathing preferences private.

Lion

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast