Endangered Missing Adult
Date of Birth:1966-04-28
Date Missing:1996-07-18
From City/State:Toledo, OH
Age at Time of Disappearance:30
Race:White
Height:68 inches Weight:128 pounds
Hair Color:Brown Eye Color:Hazel Complexion:Medium
Identifying Characteristics:Surgical scar on chest, poor dental health.
Circumstances of Disappearance:Unknown. Susan was last seen in the vicinity of the 2200 block of Hickory St. She had been evicted from her home.
Investigative Agency:Toledo Police Department
Phone:(419) 245-3313 Investigative Case #:078833-96 NCIC #:M-008709222

http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase644.html
Found March 8, 1996
[FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL]Location Found[/FONT][FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL][SIZE=-1]Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL]Date of Death [/FONT][FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL][SIZE=-1]N/A [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL]Cause of Death [/FONT][FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL][SIZE=-1]N/A [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL]Description (Estimates)[/FONT][FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL][SIZE=-1]Race/Sex[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL][SIZE=-1]Age[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL][SIZE=-1]Height[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL][SIZE=-1]White Female [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL][SIZE=-1]25 - 55 years old [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL][SIZE=-1]5' 8" [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL][SIZE=-1]Weight/eye[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL][SIZE=-1] Color[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL][SIZE=-1]176 lbs. [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL][SIZE=-1]Hazel eyes [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL][SIZE=-1]Brown, short, wavy hair[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL][SIZE=-1]Fingerprints[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL][SIZE=-1]Dental[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL][SIZE=-1]DNA[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL][SIZE=-1]Not stated [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL][SIZE=-1]Not stated [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL][SIZE=-1]Not stated [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL][SIZE=-1]Clothing[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL][SIZE=-1]Distinguishing Characteristics [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL][SIZE=-1]Yellow/black pullover sweater size medium; pink pajama-type pants, 1 white/purple Nike tennis shoe. No Jewelry. [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL][SIZE=-1]Large surgical scar between her breasts and down to her abdomen; scar below each breast; scar to right lower abdomen; scar to right side clavicle/shoulder area[/SIZE][/FONT]

The date is off but that could be because she was homeless. The only other thing that doesn't match is weight. I think I will pass it on anyway.

It sounds like a definite possibility. Won't hurt to pass it on.

teon, the doe was found in march.

susan cummings went missing in July.

how could she be found before she went missing?

the scars are intriguing. seems they should be able to match up someone with those kind of scars!

723200525758PM-suecummings.jpg

Susan Marie Cummings

teon, is there a link for the UID?

It's a hot case on doe network, no reconstruction though, and I can only get it to link to the doe network home page.

http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase644.html
Unidentified White Female

* The victim was discovered on March 8, 1996 in Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 25-55 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'8"; 176 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown, short, wavy hair; hazel eyes.
* Marks, Scars: Large surgical scar between her breasts and down to her abdomen; scar below each breast; scar to right lower abdomen; scar to right side clavicle/shoulder area.
* Clothing: Yellow/black pullover sweater, size medium; pink pajama-type pants, 1 white/purple Nike tennis shoe. No Jewelry.
* Fingerprints: Available
* Fingerprints: Available. Many missing teeth.

Case History
The victim was found wrapped in comforters on a sidewalk in front of 84th Street and Grand Avenue, in Los Angeles, California on March 8, 1996.

https://identifyus.org/cases/3535
Many missing teeth means that she had two teeth left on the upper right and the rest were all lost antemortem.

Would you characterize that as "poor dental health"?

Does she look more on the 25 or 55 end of the range? That's a huge spread for someone with a recognizable face.

Does she look more on the 25 or 55 end of the range? That's a huge spread for someone with a recognizable face.

I would say that she is definitely at the upper end of the range (if not above)

My guess would be late 50's, but I am pretty certain she's older than 45.

After some idiots misused post-mortem photos several years ago, California passed a law requiring them to be kept private.

Ruleouts as of 15 December 2014 (https://identifyus.org/cases/3535):

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Julianne Bauer Unknown California
Susan Glaser Unknown Wisconsin
Carmen Hetrick 1956 Colorado
Gail Russel 1965 Florida
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Tiffany Sessions 1968 Florida

After some idiots misused post-mortem photos several years ago, California passed a law requiring them to be kept private.

This is a darn shame, for those of us, that want to help the missing. I'm glad I don't have Sailor's mouth. I took an interest in these cases, following you and CarlK on WS. I'm still lost when it comes to this process. But at least I care. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back