Alec Baldwin

Old Broad

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5015327&nav=0Rce

LOS ANGELES A California judge wants actor Alec Baldwin to undergo psychological testing.

It's the latest twist in the actor's custody battle with ex-wife Kim Basinger. At issue is whether Baldwin is fit to see his ten-year-old daughter more often.

Basinger's attorney has said that Baldwin suffers from "severe emotional problems" and had been accused of domestic violence in the past. Baldwin counters that Basinger "has a pathological need" to turn their daughter against him.

More at link.

Old Broad

Is so very sad...by the time these 2 quit fighting over the child she will be a grown up and want nothing to do with either one of them...

It couldn't hurt any of them to see a psychologist. People sure can be screwed up and it it not be noticed by anyone except those closest to them.

Jeana (DP) said:
I think all three of them need to do, but honestly I think Alec is pretty nuts.
I think Alec is a loose cannon, too! I don't know about Kim Basinger. I lost respect for her when she filed for bankruptcy to avoid a judgment against her. If my memory serves me, she backed out of playing the lead in Boxing Helena, costing the producers to lose big bucks on that movie.

Honestly, I think they both have issues and the one I feel so sorry for is their daughter. Kim, I think, is just kinda wacky. She's a recluse who doesn't want to leave her house. And, Alec, is just plain nuts. I do believe he will hurt someone one day. I pray they both get it together for the sake of their daughter.

BTW, isn't Alec supposed to be moving out of the US? Alec, do you need help packing? :D

I had a vendor that I was dealing with and he claimed to live below them in their building in New York. He said he ran with Alec occasionally around the central park reservoir and that he liked Alec. He said that he thought Kim B. was, in his words, "totally, freaking nuts" and that she acted rude and bitchy to everyone. So for whatever that's worth.....

TheShadow said:
I had a vendor that I was dealing with and he claimed to live below them in their building in New York. He said he ran with Alec occasionally around the central park reservoir and that he liked Alec. He said that he thought Kim B. was, in his words, "totally, freaking nuts" and that she acted rude and bitchy to everyone. So for whatever that's worth.....
Interesting. As Jules said, both should start acting like grownups and put their daughter first. If they don't, the daughter will have all sorts of problems as she is growing up. A daughter definitely needs her father in her life.

Old Broad said:
http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5015327&nav=0Rce

LOS ANGELES A California judge wants actor Alec Baldwin to undergo psychological testing.

It's the latest twist in the actor's custody battle with ex-wife Kim Basinger. At issue is whether Baldwin is fit to see his ten-year-old daughter more often.

Basinger's attorney has said that Baldwin suffers from "severe emotional problems" and had been accused of domestic violence in the past. Baldwin counters that Basinger "has a pathological need" to turn their daughter against him.

More at link.

Old Broad

i don't care for Basinger...she's "out there", imo....i can picture her with a "pathological need" to turn Ireland against Baldwin, from everything i've read in the past....Baldwin is a hot head, but i can see how Basinger could "push buttons"....(not that i agree with physical violence, IF it's ever happened)

http://http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17867506

PHOENIX - Actor Alec Baldwin was so moved by the story of an 18-year-old Army soldier who is scheduled to serve in Iraq, he’s going to help pay for her college education after she leaves the military.

Baldwin was so moved by a March 4 New York Times story about Pvt. Resha Kane’s last day with family and friends before going for training to prepare for serving in Iraq that he — not his people — tracked down Kane’s mother at a discount store where she works to offer his assistance, his spokesman said.

Although Baldwin, 48, has been a vocal critic against the war in Iraq, Hiltzik said supporting the troops who are fighting there is important to the actor.

“He himself tried to find the family, and he was very happy he was able to connect with them,” Hiltzik said. “It’s a great example that people of different backgrounds can agree on the importance of supporting our troops.”

Way to go, Alec!

I like him because he doesn't like Bush- and he doesn't seem to care what people think

I use to like him, not much anymore though. He is, IMO, the better looking Baldwin, well, in his younger years.. He looks a little beat up now.. :D

Just how many Baldiwns are there anyway- they are kinda like our Daddos lol ( that will probably only mean something to us Aussies- sorry- don't mean to make anyone feel left out)

Whats that?

Sorry had to ask because I am dumb.

I guess you're not a Bond fan..? :p

Felix Leiter is a character in the James Bond series, usually appearing as Bond's counterpart working for the CIA.

I guess you're not a Bond fan..? :p

Felix Leiter is a character in the James Bond series, usually appearing as Bond's counterpart working for the CIA.

lol no not really, I've seen the odd Bond movie but couldn't tell you which ones- love Sean Connery though- hes cute for an old guy

Right, now I know- so is this character well liked?

Edit to add, seeing as I got no reply I'll take that as a no- lol

Gawd I hope this young woman is able to survive her tour and come back whole and able to go to college!!!

VB

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p