890 users online (185 members and 705 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NE - Angry Soccer Mom Abandons Daughter on Interstate

This story made me mad enough to spit nails.

Angry soccer mom drops child off on interstate

Associated Press
    Published on: 04/19/07
    LINCOLN, Neb. — An angry soccer mom who left her teenage daughter alongside an interstate was ticketed for neglect, Lincoln police said. Police spokeswoman Katherine Finnell confirmed this account from police reports:

The 42-year-old Lincoln mom was miffed about her daughter's poor play last Saturday.

On their drive home the girl flubbed the lines her mom had drilled into her on how to improve her game, so the mother slapped her daughter.

more at link

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news...mom.html?imw=Y
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    Wow. Competitive much?

Sickening.

This is nuts! Thank goodness nothing happened to the girl!
    I GoodSearch for American Cave Conservation Association. Raise money for your favorite charity or school just by searching the Internet with GoodSearch - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!
    http://www.goodsearch.com/?charityid=908162

What a wnderful mother NOT!
    Thank heavens the other girls mother saw her stranded there and picked her up so she could be safe. If the mother did this, no telling what else the poor kid has been subjected to through the years.

VB

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Bride View Post
    What a wnderful mother NOT!
    Thank heavens the other girls mother saw her stranded there and picked her up so she could be safe. If the mother did this, no telling what else the poor kid has been subjected to through the years.

VB
    My thoughts exactly. I have no room in my brain for parents who are this competitive...it's a mental disorder as far as I'm concerned...insane.

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I have no room in my brain for parents who are this competitive...it's a mental disorder as far as I'm concerned...insane.
    Just wanted to pop in and say hi SCMama
    I wonder if this lady was an underachiever or an overachiever as a youth? Could go either way, but it is certainly one extreme or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Just wanted to pop in and say hi SCMama
    I wonder if this lady was an underachiever or an overachiever as a youth? Could go either way, but it is certainly one extreme or the other.
    Hi JBean,

I hope you are well! You're right - could cut both ways!

SCM

That is insane. The girl could have been hit by a car or kidnapped. Her mother should be locked up, then forced to take anger management classes along with parenting classes.

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    That is insane. The girl could have been hit by a car or kidnapped. Her mother should be locked up, then forced to take anger management classes along with parenting classes.

We are entering our 2nd year in Little League. Supposedly there's a new Board of Commissioners that are really, truly, really, really going to crack down on these types of parents at games. I'll believe it when I see it.

What is up with parents like this?? This woman put her daughter's life in danger because of a friggin game?

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post

We are entering our 2nd year in Little League. Supposedly there's a new Board of Commissioners that are really, truly, really, really going to crack down on these types of parents at games. I'll believe it when I see it.

What is up with parents like this?? This woman put her daughter's life in danger because of a friggin game?
    Taximom,
    Evidently the mother has her priorities wrong...very wrong. I find that so sad.

where the hell do these freaky, demented people come from?? what planet am i on.....??????

Quote Originally Posted by reb View Post
    where the hell do these freaky, demented people come from?? what planet am i on.....??????
    Planet Earth Reb- where sport is a huge money making machine, where people get paid millions of dollars to kick a soccor ball or hit a tennis ball- as children lay dying from starvation- where it's not alright to lose- where you have to do better! - it's not about how you play the game its about winning godammit!

I bet this mom is one of those who spits obscenities at the refs and talks nasty about the other team. We had a mom in high school who would sit at our bball games and keep track of who played for how long. Then she would put it in the coach's face and demand her kid got more time to play. Obviously, only her kid was important. It still MAKES ME MAD

Cuz guess who was the other kid who had to sit after these episodes?

I'm glad my parents didn't behave like morons.

This incident may be only one area where the girl is mistreated. She's probably treated this way about everything she does. I hope she is given the chance to choose to live with relatives or even go to a girl's home if she is being mentally abused and her safety being threatened.

i am interested to know the mass psychology behind this relatively new phenomenon. i never, ever, ever saw or heard of a parent acting like this at a sports event (or threatening teachers for not giving their kid a better grade).. when i was growing up. they would be considered insane. but then again our civility is eroding faster than the speed of light. this seems be be a new thing, and i don't understand where or when grown adults started to behave this way. again, another sign of devolution, for sure. it seems we are rapidly turning back into animals!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast