Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 580
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,553
    A "pin" is what you stick on a topic thread so that it doesn't move. It says where you stick it :-D

    I'm not sure of a good description of a "sticky" other than it's like leaving a post-it note

    a "lock" on a thread for instance locks that thread so you can't post on that thread anymore. You can read it but no more posting allowed.

    TTYL= Talk to you later.

    Quote Originally Posted by sloane View Post
    Okay, sloane needs to learn more again...
    what's a "pin?"
    a "sticky?"
    a "lock?" Seems self-explanatory, but "locked" things still seem like you can "get into" them...
    What does "ttyl" mean?


  2. #182
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by jodierenee View Post
    i live in houston and I might be able to go to the high school and scan the yearbook
    . It won't be this weekend, but maybe some time next week.
    Here is someone that posted earlier (Post #59) that they were willing to go the high school and scan the yearbook. Posts were moving pretty fast that day and I thought maybe it had been overlooked.


  3. #183
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    4,442
    Quote Originally Posted by LionRun View Post
    Hi julessleuther. This, combined with aprilvic being 115 LB with a size 8 ring and a size 9 1/2 index finger ring size tells me a lot. There are other examples, too. Basically, it seems that although ring size can be a rough estimate ate best, there are so many exceptions, that the exceptions can no longer be considered to be exceptions. In other words ring size does not seem to be a reliable factor in estimating weight in life. I am trying to find out what the other sizes of Princess Blue's rings; but, I don't know if I can find out. That could still be good info. I hope to be able to find out.

    Lion
    Good points Lion. If the other size rings are small to "average", size 5-7, a size 9, surely doesn't fit as one she could wear. Unless it had a reducer inside. I'm thinking that ring meant a lot to someone. Once you outgrow/get tired of a ring, it's not likely to get it resized when it no longer fits. This ring was sized twice, but by PB, or someone who gave it to her with smaller fingers? So it really meant something sentimental to PB to be wearing it. If it wasn't her class ring, it belonged to someone very close to her.


  4. #184
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    5,607
    Quote Originally Posted by SadieMae View Post
    Good points Lion. If the other size rings are small to "average", size 5-7, a size 9, surely doesn't fit as one she could wear. Unless it had a reducer inside. I'm thinking that ring meant a lot to someone. Once you outgrow/get tired of a ring, it's not likely to get it resized when it no longer fits. This ring was sized twice, but by PB, or someone who gave it to her with smaller fingers? So it really meant something sentimental to PB to be wearing it. If it wasn't her class ring, it belonged to someone very close to her.
    Hi SadieMae. I, too imagine that for whomever re-sized the ring it meant something. We don't know if it was the original owner, or Princess who re-sized it, though. And, we assume that someone close to Princess gave it to her or it was perhaps left to her. Or, depending on what we can find out concerning the bone marrow questions and the exact condition and stage of decomposition that her remains were in when found, she could actually be the original ring owner. In any event that ring is probably important. Thank you for the ring sizing info, that was quite helpful in putting more of the pieces together.

    I hope Apache puppy boy is continuing to do well!

    Lion


  5. #185
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    5,607
    Quote Originally Posted by MeAgnL8Agn View Post
    Here is someone that posted earlier (Post #59) that they were willing to go the high school and scan the yearbook. Posts were moving pretty fast that day and I thought maybe it had been overlooked.
    Thank you MeAgnL8Agn. I am so glad that you caught this. I will PM jodierenee, and set it up if possible.

    Lion


  6. #186
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,553
    I think that if the medical examiner who first examined Princess Blue estimated that she had been deceased 6 months to a year that perhaps that a good percentage of her skeleton was still intact. We know they said she had knee problems and that she had rings on her fingers and the bracelet on her arm. If Princess Blue's body had been scattered about then it would have taken the ME longer to come up with a TOD and a forensic anthropologist would have been called in the determine more. Of course as always that is JMO

    ETA: Also I believe that one of the ways they determined she was a female is to perhaps examine the pelvic area? If so then they had to have her pelvis too.


  7. #187
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    5,607
    Quote Originally Posted by RKnowley View Post
    I think that if the medical examiner who first examined Princess Blue estimated that she had been deceased 6 months to a year that perhaps that a good percentage of her skeleton was still intact. We know they said she had knee problems and that she had rings on her fingers and the bracelet on her arm. If Princess Blue's body had been scattered about then it would have taken the ME longer to come up with a TOD and a forensic anthropologist would have been called in the determine more. Of course as always that is JMO

    ETA: Also I believe that one of the ways they determined she was a female is to perhaps examine the pelvic area? If so then they had to have her pelvis too.
    This could be and sounds like it should be the case on all counts. They can also get an indication of sex from her skull, facial bones, and long bones.

    The weight estimate was done based on the ring, and a full work up was not performed by a trained forensic team back in 1990. On the TX dps site, the TOD has been changed to unknown, and the weight has been changed to unknown. I have doubts about the exact condition in which Princess Blue's remains were found. And, until I can learn more I have doubts about the details that were previously reported concerning the TOD and her weight at TOD.

    Lion


  8. #188
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    4,442
    Quote Originally Posted by LionRun View Post
    Thanks sloane. I would like to know more about that darn band with 6 clear stones lol. I have always been under the impression that Princess was young (19 or less) because of the style of her jewelry. It reminds me of what a girl in her teens or late teens might wear. I could be mistaken though.

    Lion
    I think you're right on about who would wear those rings. They look very dainty, teen type (Claire's Boutique) jewelry. I don't thing anyone over 21 would wear rings like those.


  9. #189
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,553
    As I said it was JMO. Nothing more or nothing less.

    ETA: I know that the work up wasn't done in 1990. I stated that I thought the reason one was not called in is because the ME could/did come up with a TOD of 6 months to a year based on their examination and that is why they didn't call in for a forensic team at that time. They are now reviewing the case again because they haven't netted any results from the information they had and it needed to be gone over again. Now they are basically saying "We don't know"

    Quote Originally Posted by LionRun View Post
    This could be and sounds like it should be the case on all counts. They can also get an indication of sex from her skull, facial bones, and long bones.

    The weight estimate was done based on the ring, and a full work up was not performed by a trained forensic team back in 1990. On the TX dps site, the TOD has been changed to unknown, and the weight has been changed to unknown. I have doubts about the exact condition in which Princess Blue's remains were found. And, until I can learn more I have doubts about the details that were previously reported concerning the TOD and her weight at TOD.

    Lion


  10. #190
    I found something interesting as far as a map of where Princess may have been found. If you want to assume the article that stated she was found 1/4 mile east of 288 on 101 is correct, then this is what the area looks like as of 2004:



    And this is what it looked like in 1995 (which was as far back as I was able to go on the site I used):



  11. #191
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    1,571

    Question

    Would we be able to submit an "open records request" for the ME's report on Princess Blue?

    From the Harris County ME office:
    http://www.co.harris.tx.us/me/AutopsyReport.aspx

    How To Order a Copy of an Autopsy Report Note: There is a $0.10 per page fee for an autopsy report. Please do not send payment until you are notified that the report has been completed. Depending on the circumstances of the case and the laboratory tests that are required, the length of time necessary to complete each case will vary.
    Email requests will not be accepted.
    Individuals may obtain a copy of a completed autopsy report from the Harris County Medical Examiner's Office (HCME) during normal business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday except for Harris County holidays. All requests must be submitted to the HCME Business Office using one of the following methods:
    In writing via the U.S. Postal Service
    Harris County Medical Examiner's Office
    Business Office: Autopsy Report Order
    c/o Ms. Susan Bostick or Ms. Rosemary Valdes
    1885 Old Spanish Trail
    Houston, Texas 77054

    Via telephone:
    (713) 796-6775

    Via FAX:
    (713) 796-6844
    Attention Business Office:
    Autopsy Report Order

    Visit our office in person
    Harris County Medical Examiner's Office
    Joseph A. Jachimczyk Forensic Center
    1885 Old Spanish Trail
    Houston, Texas 77054
    Click here to see a map

    All subpoena reports and open record requests must be submitted via U.S. Postal Service or hand delivered to the following address:
    Harris County Medical Examiner's Office
    Business Office: Autopsy Subpoena or Open Records Request
    Joseph A. Jachimczyk Forensic Center
    1885 Old Spanish Trail
    Houston, Texas 77054
    To help expedite your request, please provide as much of the following information as possible:
    Information Pertaining to the Decedent:
    • Medical Examiner's case number (ML or OC number, if available)
    • Name of Deceased
    • Date of Death
    • County Where Death Occurred
    Information Pertaining to the Requester:
    • Name of Requester
    • Mailing Address
    • Daytime Contact Number


  12. #192
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    5,607
    Quote Originally Posted by RKnowley View Post
    As I said it was JMO. Nothing more or nothing less.

    ETA: I know that the work up wasn't done in 1990. I stated that I thought the reason one was not called in is because the ME could/did come up with a TOD of 6 months to a year based on their examination and that is why they didn't call in for a forensic team at that time. They are now reviewing the case again because they haven't netted any results from the information they had and it needed to be gone over again. Now they are basically saying "We don't know"
    Hi RKnowley. If you sense my frustration it is because none of us know Princess Blue's approximate TOD. This leaves us to speculate. This means to me that unless or until we get more info we may need to search for all missing from between1975-1990 in the missing persons data banks and in any news archives. The Houston Chronicle only has records back to 1985 that I can see. We also may need to include that it is possible(however remote) that Princess Blue was the original owner of the ring. If we knew more we could narrow our search parameters. I am a stickler for details, facts, and possibilities, and I am hoping to leave no stone unturned in our search. When I can't be sure of the facts and have a tough time finding the facts it drives me nuts at times.

    Lion


  13. #193
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,656
    Good morning all! Wanted to let you know that I spoke with the ME's office in Washington. They were not sure about the answer to our questions, so they directed me to the Washington State Patrol Toxicology Lab. Unfortunately, they were all in a meeting, but they assured me that they would be happy to answer any questions that we have and would call me back sometime after noon today. Also wanted to give you all a link to the missing persons page that I have been trying to work on. It is taking me a lot longer than I thought to do this, and it isn't even half finished. Hope to get something accoplished today while the kids are at school and I am home from work.

    http://illfindu.white.prohosting.com/
    Happy New Years


  14. #194
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Would we be able to submit an "open records request" for the ME's report on Princess Blue?

    Was she found in Brazoria county? If so, the autopsy would have been handled by the Galvelson county ME.

    http://www.co.galveston.tx.us/Medica...iner/index.htm


  15. #195
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    5,607
    Quote Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess View Post
    Good morning all! Wanted to let you know that I spoke with the ME's office in Washington. They were not sure about the answer to our questions, so they directed me to the Washington State Patrol Toxicology Lab. Unfortunately, they were all in a meeting, but they assured me that they would be happy to answer any questions that we have and would call me back sometime after noon today. Also wanted to give you all a link to the missing persons page that I have been trying to work on. It is taking me a lot longer than I thought to do this, and it isn't even half finished. Hope to get something accoplished today while the kids are at school and I am home from work.

    http://illfindu.white.prohosting.com/
    Thank you teons! Please let us know if they can answer those questions. I can't wait to hopefully find out some answers.

    The work you are doing on your, "missing" site is absolutely amazing! Can you imagine how many people you can help with this? What a beautiful works of compassion. I truly admire you.

    Lion


Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •