727 users online (85 members and 642 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

AZ - Daniel Bechtel, 4 mos, starved to death, Phoenix, 17 April 2007

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Apr...sDeath,00.html

i wish it told why the police came to the home and how the other kids are doing.

How TRAGIC!

I am speechless......
    "Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance."~ Plato
    ~The above reflects only my opinion...

Speechless!

I clicked on the myspace taximom provided for Thaddeus, not much activity there but noted he commented he did not want kids. So sad with those little innocent children. IMO he should be charged just as severly as the mother, the police said they wont charge him with murder because he was on the road as a truck driver and just home once a week, but that baby was in serious neglect and it lasted longer than a week so he had to have seen what was going on and never should have left those babies alone with her!!

VB

Do these people hide in their filthy homes and NEVER have visitors over? How on earth does this stuff happen and no one see the deplorable conditions the children are living in? Here is a link with a picture of the baby, and he obviously looks very emaciated:
    http://tinyurl.com/36e4nq

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Bride View Post
    I clicked on the myspace taximom provided for Thaddeus, not much activity there but noted he commented he did not want kids. So sad with those little innocent children. IMO he should be charged just as severly as the mother, the police said they wont charge him with murder because he was on the road as a truck driver and just home once a week, but that baby was in serious neglect and it lasted longer than a week so he had to have seen what was going on and never should have left those babies alone with her!!

VB
    I think I've read before in other cases that the "don't want kids" is what Myspace has if you don't change that field. Something like that. Of course, he could have chosen that one, but who knows.

She had 3 kids under the age of 4, and he was out all week long working. That's tough on anyone, but no child should die from it.

I still can't get over the weight of the 4 month old. My youngest daughter was 6.5lbs at BIRTH and she was so tiny. At only 4 lbs, that baby should have been in the hospital or at the least being supervised by a home-visit nurse and pediatrician. Didn't her neighbors or other family members see the baby?

This one is bizarre and very, very sad.

Yes, "don't want kids" is the default setting. Both my husband and I had "don't want kids" in our myspace profiles (even with two very wanted and loved kids) until we figured out that's what it said if you didn't choose something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
    Do these people hide in their filthy homes and NEVER have visitors over? How on earth does this stuff happen and no one see the deplorable conditions the children are living in? Here is a link with a picture of the baby, and he obviously looks very emaciated:
    Reannan it's not as uncommon as you'd think. In your own neighborhood have you been inside everyones home?
    Years ago I knew a woman who had so many piles all over her home. She lived alone and a few times a year her daughter would come and attempt to get her to declutter but it was never really cleaned out like it should have been. I know I've seen houses that it's clear to see are very neglected and years of accumilated trash and junk built up on the outside, heaven knows what the inside must be like! Some homes can look quite presentable on the outside but the inside can look like a warzone and the people living there are very skilled in keeping people away for years so no one will know. Oprah once had a show on this and she just could not understand how a very attractive, well put together woman was living in the nastiest filth. There was rotting food and feces all over (I believe she had pets) it was truely disgusting and obviously the woman had some sort of mental disorder yet she'd been able to hide it away from others for years.

VB

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Quote Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
    I should NOT have looked at that picture. It literally took my breath away. I sat here for several seconds, mouth open, not breathing. That is SICK. WTF is wrong with people???? Seriously!!!! Why do these people even breed??????

Now I'm in a bad mood.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

This is so very sad. The 2 and 4 year old were scavenging for food.

I hope they get the death penalty and they both should be sterilized.

I cannot figure out why nobody noticed this baby starving, unless they never left the house?

Where are the grandparents here??

So sad, I want to cry.

Vegas, I guess I didn't make myself clear in my other posting. I wasn't really referring to why no one saw that the house was a mess, I was more focused on why no one saw that the children were starving; especially little Daniel. The other two children were having to "scavenge" for food, so they couldn't have been poster children for healthy living either! If someone had issues with dirty houses, I would have to lock my own doors on occasion.

Taximom, just curious how you found all those links? Do you google the names or something?

Hoarding, and neglect are signs of mental illness or depression. IMHO, she needed severe help and may have been escaping through fanfic. Looks like she wrote slash too.

Can it be that like others we have seen, she may have had untreated postpartum depression? On one of those links (thanks Taximom) she shows 19, married, and a mom. Yikes that's young!

MG

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast