1398 users online (314 members and 1084 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TX - Brazoria Co., Blk/HispFem 343UFTX, 18-26, sweater w/ Rafaella tag, Dec'85

Do you know more on her?The texas website said the estimated date of death was in 1984 in november not 1985 like the Doe network says.which is true?I tried to find out a long time ago and no one ever aswered me back.Please help me find out more on her .Newspaper articles anything that will help me.I am looking into this Jane doe possibly being my sister.I am wondering why the sheriffs department had this case, Rafaella on a name tag clothing was expensive in 1985 wasn't it?It seems like someone would be missing her.5'0 to 5'6 is a wide range.It makes me think she was found in 1984 a year earlier as skeletal remains?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/343uftx.html

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/Un...sp?id=U0401001

suzanne
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 02-11-2012 at 04:44 AM.

here's what I could find:

Paper: HOUSTON CHRONICLE
    Date: THU 04/24/1986
    Section: 1
    Page: 22
    Edition: NO STAR
    Identity of woman sought

Staff

A composite drawing of a young woman whose skeleton was found near Pearland last December is one of the few clues Brazoria County sheriff's personnel have to the victim's identity. The woman, shot in the back of the head, was about 5-feet, 3-inches tall and weighed about 100 pounds. She was clad in blue jeans and a sweater bearing the name Rafaella" on a name tag. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Brazoria Sheriff's Department at 409-331-9000.

Hi
    Her name is tammy lynn leppert.She does not fit this Jane Does discription.Tammy had dyed blond hair.she is some indian also.If this Jane Doe died a year earlier would it show up skin color or said hispanic because of the cheek bones?how could they tell?If I find tammy as skeletal remains it would show her as hispanic or indian because of her high cheek bones and not match tammy's picture at all.Thankyou for looking for me.If she isn't tammy some one must love and be looking for this Jane Doe and still care of what became of her.

suzanne

I've read your geocities page before on your sister. I'll keep looking and see what I may find. I feel the UID above was probably not in the country legally if no one has reported her as missing or they haven't linked them. Brazoria county is close enough to the border and they have quite a population of illegal immigrants, only my thoughts on this one.

I just wish these websites would get on the ball and all have the same information... While looking through unidentifieds, and missing persons especially it seems like alot of sites have different information... I know one person I was curious about, i put they're name in the search engine and i think all 3 sites had different eye colors... GRRRR

Suzanne I just wanted to say good luck to finding your sister!!! She's very beautiful. And Wasnt too far from where I use to live (melbourne) I'll keep my eyes peeled... Take care!

Hi
    Thankyou.you are sweet.I was wondering Rafaella on a name tag clothing was expensive in 1985 wasn't it?do you think she died in 84 or 85?which one do you think was right?Maybe we can find out who she is.she looked so pretty.I thought she looked like Rosario Gonzales missing in 1984 in Miami Florida.

suzanne

Hmmm Well I'd Guess (only a guess) she died in 84.. And as far as the sweater /name tag.. I have no clue, but it would be nice if they had a picture of that! Even a sketch of it.. Might jog someones memory. And i'm wondering about the dental? if thats accurate? (on the picture)or if there were any teeth even found I really wish they'd have more information on all these cases......

Ps wanted to add on this picture : http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/Un...sp?id=U0401001

Like above the nose.. below the eye area, like little lines? Not sure if thats anything??

Rafaella

Quote Originally Posted by suzannec4444 View Post
    Hi
    Thankyou.you are sweet.I was wondering Rafaella on a name tag clothing was expensive in 1985 wasn't it?do you think she died in 84 or 85?which one do you think was right?Maybe we can find out who she is.she looked so pretty.I thought she looked like Rosario Gonzales missing in 1984 in Miami Florida.

suzanne
    I do not know what the brand sold for in the 80's but in Ebay it isnt too high at moment. I include a link so people might see some pics of that brand.
    http://clothing.search.ebay.com/Rafa...Z1QQsofocusZbs

Last edited by CarlK90245; 06-08-2012 at 02:08 PM. Reason: fixed bad link, and added NamUs link

This case was entered into Namus in 2008. The case profile on Namus was recently updated yesterday.
    https://identifyus.org/cases/4481
    I will highlight some of the updates to info compared to items in this thread.

***It appears that the label on the sweater is actually "Palais royal brand", and not rafaella. There is no mention of rafaella in the Namus documents. This makes me think that if rafaella was present, that it refers to a personal name tag and not the manufacturer label.

Estimated age Adult - Pre 30
    Minimum age 17 years
    Maximum age 25 years
    ***The age has been updated from 18-26 to 17-25.
    Race Unsure (Prev noted in thread title as blk/hisp)
    Sex Female
    Weight (pounds) , Cannot Estimate
    Height (inches) 63, Estimated

Large portion of the body was recovered.
    ***the torso, and one or more limbs or hands were not recovered.
    Not recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ***Probable year of death 1984 to 1985
    Estimated postmortem interval

Found approximately 50 yards east of the intersection of CR 59 an CR 94 in Brazoria County. Fracture of the 8th rib; wavy black or brown hair about five inches long.

Physical
    Hair color Black
    Head hair Wavy black or brown hair about five inches long.
    eye color Unknown or Missing
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ***Other medical information Partial spina bifida occulta
    Clothing on body Red pullover sweater "Palais Royal Brand, female type blue jeans without pockets
    Jewelry Yellow metal wristwatch with black face and brown leather band, "Japan CBM Corp".
    __________________________________________________ ________
    Dental:
    Upper Right 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Upper Left
    a n n p n n n n n p n n p n n a
    Lower Right a n n p n n n n p n n n p f p p Lower Left
    32 31 30 29 28 27 26 25 24 23 22 21 20 19 18 17

N=Natural tooth, no filling
    F=Filling, inlay, onlay, or veneer
    A=Antemortem loss (healed socket)
    P=Postmortem loss (open socket)
    ***It appears out UID had 1 filling present and a few back molars removed antemortem.

DNA
    Comments no STR data obtained after multiple attempts; mtDNA profile at national CODIS
    ***I am not sure of the significance of not being able to get STR data.
    Last edited by Fin; 12-20-2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: no dental xrays available

artist sketch of clothing (namus)

Quote Originally Posted by summer_breeze View Post
    Think you looked at the dates wrong. This UID is from 85 and Veronica went missing in 2005 and was BORN in 85

Quote Originally Posted by deca View Post
    Think you looked at the dates wrong. This UID is from 85 and Veronica went missing in 2005 and was BORN in 85
    Oh no! I sure did!

Thank you Deca.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast