822 users online (146 members and 676 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VT - James MacSporran Holley, 16, Norwich, 28 Feb 2007

Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 16:13:47 -0500 (EST)
    Subject: Norwich and Hanover Police seek information on missing high school student
    -----------------------

MISSING LOCAL TEEN

Last Wednesday, Feb. 28, at about 8:00 AM, James Holley, a 16
    year old Hanover High school student with disabilities, walked
    from his home in Norwich, VT. across Ledyard Bridge and up to
    Main Street in Hanover. From there he walked down Main Street to
    Food Stop at the end of town. Despite an extensive search he has
    not been seen or heard from since. James is believed to have been
    wearing a Scottish Kilt, and it is very likely that someone gave
    him a ride from Food Stop between 8:30 and 9:30 AM.

If anyone has a friend or acquaintance from outside the area who
    was driving from Hanover that morning, please notify them of this
    situation. James is in no way a threat to anyone, but he does
    need medication for his own safety.

James has light brown hair, is approximately 6'1" and weighs 170
    lbs, has blue eyes, probably unshaven and very possibly wearing a
    red Scottish Kilt.
    "The world is dangerous to live in not because of the people who do evil things, but because of the people who know about it but do nothing to stop it."

www.MAURAMURRAYMISSING.com

It seems that James would be easy to spot in a kilt. Not many guys running around wearing one of those. He would probably be easy prey for some people. I hope that nothing has happened to him and that he is found soon.

As of this morning, March 14th, James is still missing. He is now listed on the National Center website.

Picture of James Holley
    "The world is dangerous to live in not because of the people who do evil things, but because of the people who know about it but do nothing to stop it."

Any news on James? I haven't been able to find any updates from local newspapers.

Thanks.

Vermont; James MacSporran Holley age 16 missing Feb 28,2007

James was last seen in nearby New Hampshire. He lived in Vermont.
    He may need medical attention.

VSP link

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

There's already a thread for him:
    http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47576

Dark Shadows...do you have any current info on James. I went looking yesterday, but couldn't find any. Sometimes it is so difficult to find out whether somebody is still missing. Just looked in the one place I didn't look yesterday. James is now listed on the Vermont State Police website...

Quote Originally Posted by murraydwyer View Post
    Dark Shadows...do you have any current info on James. I went looking yesterday, but couldn't find any. Sometimes it is so difficult to find out whether somebody is still missing. Just looked in the one place I didn't look yesterday. James is now listed on the Vermont State Police website...
    Dear Murraydwyer,
    It is very nice to see you. I always put in a search in the websleuths search link prior to posting any threads.
    The search came up "no results". So I posted this thread. Anyway after seeing the 2nd post of this thread stating that there is already a link, I checked it out. The reason that it did not show up on a search is because Jame's last name was spelled wrong. The link that I provided to VSP at the start of this thread has his name spelled "Holley" with an "e" in it. The thread posted has it spelled different.

His name is;
    James MacSporran Holley
    Sorry for the confusion.

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

Hi Dark Shadows...good to see you too. I actually attempted (many times) to change my post yesterday...unsuccessfully. I did see your link to the VSP at first. I try to keep the Missing and Remembered section on Maura Murray's website current and once a month, I go looking for any new information of the missing persons we have listed. For some reason, James' disappearance bothers me terribly. He is not getting much media attention.

Another thing that I find unsettling is the fact that, to me, James resembles Nathan Currie.

Unhappy

On Wednesday May 9, 2007 at approximately 6:00 p.m. the Norwich Police Department received a report from two women, who had been out for a walk, that they had located a body in a wooded area within the Hawk Pine residential area.

The body has yet to be positively identified and was transported to the Chief Medical Examiner’s in Burlington. Information received thus far has lead police to notify the Holley family that the remains may be those of their missing son, James, who has been missing since Wednesday February 28, 2007.

http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs..../NEWS/70511004

this is extremely sad.
    Prayers for his soul, and his family.
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

The link that I posted is no longer on the VSP site as James being a missing person.
    Here is the cashed site;
    VSP
    Even though it is not confirmed that James was the one found, his family was contacted and he is removed from the VSP "missing" site.

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?

Body Found

Body of Norwich teen missing since February believed found

The body of a Norwich teen missing since late February may have been found, according to Norwich Police.

James Holley, 16, was reported missing on Feb. 28. Police said two women walking in the woods near the Hawk Pine residential area discovered the body at about 6 p.m. on Wednesday.

We haven't had a positive identification yet," said Norwich Police Sgt. Michael McGee.

The body was taken to Burlington for identification by the state medical examiner's office. Police said they had enough information to inform the Holley family that the remains may be those of James, and that there was evidence that the victim may have taken his own life.

His friends left a message on the Facebook page. It is in the article from today.
    link
    Friends had posted a page at Facebook.com called "Bring James Holley Home." The latest post reads:

"The search for James Holley ended tragically on Wednesday, May 9. He will forever be remembered as a caring individual, and a good friend to many. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Holley family, and those who had the privilege to know James for the person he was. Rest in peace James."

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

This so very sad. I don't know what problems James had, but my heart goes out to him and his family. May dear James rest in peace.

Lion

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast