9 Year Olds Remains Found In Crocodile

White Rain

Reaction score
This is a truly heart-breaking story, but this kid should have known better than to "taunt" ANY animal. Where were the parents I wonder? I have two daughters, ages 8 and 10, and I can't even begin to imagine the horror this kids parents feel, but they also hold some responsiblity for this.

BEIJING — A crocodile shot to death in south China during a search for a missing 9-year-old student was found to contain the child's remains, the official Xinhua News Agency said.
The crocodile was shot Saturday in a park in Beihai, a city in the Guangxi region, by investigators looking for the missing child. Investigators confirmed that human remains found in the reptile were that of the student, the report said.
The child, surnamed Liu, disappeared Friday after Liu and three other children climbed over the fence around a pool in the park that had been used to stage crocodile shows, Xinhua said.
"The children shot the animals with catapults and beat them with wooden sticks," the agency said. "One of the irritated crocodiles bit Liu's clothes and dragged him into water, where he was eaten by a swarm of crocodiles."
Snipers used pork to lure the reptiles from the pool on Saturday and shot the first one that crawled ashore, the report said.
No other details were given, and it wasn't immediately clear what would happen to the other crocodiles.
Local residents said the park's owner had hired a keeper for the crocodiles, but it was not clear why the man was not at the site when the students broke in, the report said.
The manager and the keeper were being held by police.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,267741,00.html

Gosh, the kids were brave enough to close enough to beat the crocs with sticks etc werent they?

Hmm. Of course there is no death penalty for being a bratty 9 year old or for being mean to animals, and there shouldn't be, so this is without a doubt horrific. But I betcha those other kids will think twice about torturing another animal ever again.

Is it bad to use this smiley....? :croc:

:eek:

Is it bad to use this smiley....? :croc:

:laugh: Yes, it is bad. :laugh:

Very sad loss, but HELLO!!! Did it never occur to them they might piss off a croc??

I have a 9 yr old son and I can't imagine him doing something so stupid and dangerous.

I imagine that I would watch my child better then this.

janetelaine .... that was funny according to my morbid funny bone :)

"The children shot the animals with catapults and beat them with wooden sticks,"

I'm thinking perhaps the world may have one less future serial killer.

"The children shot the animals with catapults and beat them with wooden sticks,"

I'm thinking perhaps the world may have one less future serial killer.

I think you may be right.

This isn't a case where the parents took their eyes off the children for a moment or two. This obviously was a significant period of time where no one was paying attention to the kids.

And I agree with the poster above...even my 10 year old who has a glaring inability to foresee the consequences of his actions would probably not do something like this. (NEVER say never. But I am thinking never.)

I don't know why I keep thinking these kids were on a field trip with a school? (Re. the 'why weren't the parents watching them' comments). Does anyone else remember reading something like that somewhere? :waitasec:

I don't know why I keep thinking these kids were on a field trip with a school? (Re. the 'why weren't the parents watching them' comments). Does anyone else remember reading something like that somewhere? :waitasec:

I don't know. I went back and reread the article, and it doesn't say. I haven't heard about it anyplace but here, so maybe you did see that somewhere else.

If that is the case, then I owe the parents an apology, and all of my comments on them go double for whomever was supposed to be chaperoning the field trip! Can you imagine???

It should be pointed out that in any body of water with gators or crocs a child or a small pet will cause an attack.
I am not justifying these boys doing what they did ...
Just pointing out that they could have simply walked to the water and created themselves as bait.

I don't know. I went back and reread the article, and it doesn't say. I haven't heard about it anyplace but here, so maybe you did see that somewhere else.

If that is the case, then I owe the parents an apology, and all of my comments on them go double for whomever was supposed to be chaperoning the field trip! Can you imagine???

Maybe it's because of the use of the word 'student(s)' and I associated that with a field trip... don't they usually just refer to a child as 'a child'?

I don't know if these children were on a field trip or not being properly supervised. What really bothers me is their disrespect for animals. Either they were never educated about the proper treatment and respect for animals, or they are just troubled kids. I can't believe hitting the crocodile and shooting at him was the first time this boy abused an animal. Sorry he had to learn his lesson the hard way.

White Rain,
You asked the proper question....where were the parents?
The parents were either not watching their child or they didn't teach him to leave mother nature alone. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the little boy deserved this, but someone failed him.

Alright, he deserved it. What an idiot.

Idiot, yes. Deserve it, no. Like I said earlier, I don't believe in the death penalty for idiocy. Of course you are free to believe otherwise (even though it would bother me that fellow human beings could be so harsh towards eachother).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back