981 users online (185 members and 796 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,813

    Cahtherine Crier dating Ted Turner

    I read this in one of the tabloids over the weekend. They have apparently attended several public events together.

    I really like Catherine and her show. As for Ted, I dunno, he seems to have (or had) quite a few problems, including - according to Jane - unfaithfulness and alcohol abuse.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,320
    Interesting... and certainly a match I would never have considered. He's got a ton of money and is very philanthropic, but he's certainly lacking in the personality department, IMO.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    3,052
    I thought he had married again after Jane Fonda...... And I thought Catherine Crier was married...off to Google....
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    I've been a huge fan of Catherine Crier since her days as a federal court judge here in Texas. My best to them both!!!!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    3,052
    He isn't:" Family: Son of Robert Edward Turner Jr. and Florence (Rooney) Turner; married Judy Gale Nye, 1960 (divorced, 1962); married Jane Shirley Smith, 1964 (divorced, 1988); married Jane Fonda, 1991 (divorced, 2001); children: five (first marriage, two; second marriage, three)."

    Link: http://www.answers.com/topic/ted-turner

    She is (or was): "Catherine Crier
    Born: 6-Nov-1954
    Birthplace: Dallas, TX
    Father: William Crier (banker)
    Mother: Ann
    Sister: (2 sisters)
    Husband: Michael Barrett (m. 1978, div. 1987)
    Husband: Christopher Wilson
    "

    Link:http://www.nndb.com/people/528/000049381/
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,796
    I am also a huge fan of Catherine Crier. Ted's philandering is epic in Atlanta not just Jane's version. This was going on back in the 80's. Maybe he will be more faithful since he is older and sown his wild oats. I can't see CC putting up with that behavior. JMO.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson View Post
    I am also a huge fan of Catherine Crier. Ted's philandering is epic in Atlanta not just Jane's version. This was going on back in the 80's. Maybe he will be more faithful since he is older and sown his wild oats. I can't see CC putting up with that behavior. JMO.

    Amen! We've all done things in our past that we'd like to go back and change.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP) View Post
    I've been a huge fan of Catherine Crier since her days as a federal court judge here in Texas. My best to them both!!!!!!
    I remembered her as being a District Court Judge.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTexas View Post
    I remembered her as being a District Court Judge.
    Yup, you're right.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,320
    Here's something I didn't know... her TV show was cancelled on April 10.

    Court TV has cancelled legal news show Catherine Crier Live after a seven-year run. The star's contract was up and the network wants to fill more of its schedule with the entertainment shows it programs in prime. Staffers were informed today at a 3:00 p.m. meeting.

    The show, which premiered in January 2000, clashes with Court's new stepped-up focus on unscripted drama. In March, Court announced it will ditch its name and change its programming under a rebrand slated to take effect Jan. 1, 2008.
    http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6432551.html


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,107
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTexas View Post
    Here's something I didn't know... her TV show was cancelled on April 10.
    I stopped watching CC because she got way too liberal with her comments. Her show is not supposed to be political. Yet, she insisted on throwing out her political views much too often for my taste. I think that she and Ted will be a good match. Jane is very liberal. So, Ted must be, too.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,234
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTexas View Post
    Here's something I didn't know... her TV show was cancelled on April 10.

    http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6432551.html
    I will miss her intelligent show but hope she will get picked up by another cable network. I read CTV (or whatever it will be called) is going to have some major reprogramming. Here's an example:
    Among the programs in development for the newly christened network: Bounty Girls, about a team of female bounty hunters in Florida, and The Real Hustle, showing scam artists and pickpockets at work in New York City.

    I think Catherine Crier knows what she's doing!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    583
    Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim View Post
    I stopped watching CC because she got way too liberal with her comments. Her show is not supposed to be political. Yet, she insisted on throwing out her political views much too often for my taste. I think that she and Ted will be a good match. Jane is very liberal. So, Ted must be, too.
    I am just like you, I really enjoyed Crier until she started making a point of cramming her poitical views down her viewers throats. He is way too liberal for me as well. And yes, Ted is EXTREMELY liberal - wonder how much he has influenced Crier in that regard? I don't think she used to be as liberal as she seems now.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,842
    I'm not a fan of Ted Turner. We went to the aquarium in Charleston, SC that he apparently helped to fund. He happened to be there the day we were and was taking a tour with a lady friend. We were the tour group behind his and often we were at exhibits together. The crap that came out of his mouth had my family and I laughing so hard. I am shocked that the aquarium was big enough to hold his giant ego. He was so pretentious and commented on his money and donations so many times. We even caught our tour guide rolling his eyes at one point.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    583
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterj View Post
    I'm not a fan of Ted Turner. We went to the aquarium in Charleston, SC that he apparently helped to fund. He happened to be there the day we were and was taking a tour with a lady friend. We were the tour group behind his and often we were at exhibits together. The crap that came out of his mouth had my family and I laughing so hard. I am shocked that the aquarium was big enough to hold his giant ego. He was so pretentious and commented on his money and donations so many times. We even caught our tour guide rolling his eyes at one point.
    yes, he is a legend in his own mind.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Dating the Photos
    By carbuff in forum Alcala and the Unidentified
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 03-16-2014, 07:42 PM