a way to save the planet

Obviously, the lady has to have a bidet. Otherwise, no one would want to be near her one piece wipe a$$!
However, I believe she is utilizing too much of that precious commodity--WATER!!!

She's got a point I guess- I use way too much toilet paper probably-

Reminds me of an episode of Seinfeld when that girl couldn't spare just one piece to Elaine- 'just one'- lol (anyone see that one?)

maybe if ur famous u get special paper that has bigger sections.

I guess it could be worse:

http://www.madehow.com/Volume-6/Toilet-Paper.html
Before paper was widely available, a variety of materials were employed. The Romans used an L-shaped stick (like a hockey stick) made of wood or precious metal; at public toilets people used sponges on sticks that were kept in saltwater between uses. In arid climates, sand, powdered brick, or earth was used. Until the late nineteenth century, Muslims were advised to use three stones to clean up. One favorite tool was a mussel shell, used for centuries. Until the early twentieth century, corn cobs were used.
In the late fifteenth century, when paper became widely available, it began to replace other traditional materials. Sometimes old correspondence was pressed into service, as were pages from old books, magazines, newspapers, and catalogs. People also used old paper bags, envelopes, and other bits of scrap paper, which were cut into pieces and threaded onto a string that was kept in the privy.

:rolleyes: :D

This reminds me of our paper towel dispenser in the ladies room at work...

You wave your hand in front of the sensor and it spit's out this tiny little strip of paper. If you want a decent amount to dry your hands, you have to stand there waving like a fool at it! We've begun to puuuuuuuull the paper out as it spits out, and now it's "squeaking" like a mouse each time you use it.... Can you tell we dispise this sucker?!?! :banghead:

I'm sorry if this comment offends, but I wonder if the reason she and Armstrong split was intelligence related. Does she propose Toilet Paper Police? So, it's better to use reams of computer paper than TP? Or, should we reuse computer paper? How about bills? I could recycle a few of those.

I agree that many people use too much, but I don't think one square is adequate.

Also, this "dining sleeve" idea is just dumb. Do you suppose she's not aware of cloth napkins?

I'm sorry if this comment offends, but I wonder if the reason she and Armstrong split was intelligence related.

Or hygiene-related? I'm sorry, I just can't imagine being intimate with someone who only used one square on their last trip to the bathroom. Where's the "ewwwww" face?

Remind me never to shake Sheryl Crow's hand if I ever meet her in person.

Remind me never to shake Sheryl Crow's hand if I ever meet her in person.

Hubby had the news on this morning and apparently Sheryl was at some awards thing either last night or the night before and no one wanted to shake her hand after she went to the restroom. Too funny!

Reminds me of an old joke my dad used to tell.

He said you could do a very thorough wiping job with just one square. First, you fold the square in half and then half again (making a smaller square). Then, were all the corners meet in the middle, you tear that corner off, saving the small piece for later. Then, open the square up and you should have a hole in the middle of the toilet paper. Place your index finger in the hole and wipe. Afterwards, pull your finger back through the hole in the paper and wipe your finger with the paper. The little piece you tore off before is to clean under your finger nail. :eek: :D

He used to tell that to my little cousins... I GUARANTEE you many tried this!!! bahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Wow, some stars will say just about anything to keep their names in the papers. This is down right disgusting. My son uses too much t.p.-shoot I probably do too sometimes, but sometimes you just gotta put yourself and your health first. I'm sure we could dig up some illnesses that could be caused by inadequate wiping, especially for females.

Come on, really? You can't tell me that toilet paper isn't broken down mighty quickly considering the water and other nasties it hangs out with once flushed.

I try to conserve and be enviro-friendly where I can, but I am gonna wipe with a couple of squares! Give a sister a break, Sheryl!

This was supposedly a joke that Fox News took out of context and made a huge fuss about. Surprise, surprise!

This was supposedly a joke that Fox News took out of context and made a huge fuss about. Surprise, surprise!

Was it really a joke? Because when my sister told me that she seriously said this, I truly thought it was the stupidest thing I had ever heard.

a friend of mine said they read the blog and didnt sound at all like she was kidding. just really really stupid.

ok found the blog for ya.http://www.sherylcrow.com/news.aspx?nid=7786

I have spent the better part of this tour trying to come up with easy ways for us all to become a part of the solution to global warming. Although my ideas are in the earliest stages of development, they are, in my mind, worth investigating. One of my favorites is in the area of conserving trees which we heavily rely on for oxygen. I propose a limitation be put on how many sqares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting. Now, I don't want to rob any law-abiding American of his or her God-given rights, but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where 2 to 3 could be required. When presenting this idea to my younger brother, who's judgement I trust implicitly, he proposed taking it one step further. I believe his quote was, "how bout just washing the one square out."

I also like the idea of not using paper napkins, which happen to be made from virgin wood and represent the heighth of wastefullness. I have designed a clothing line that has what's called a "dining sleeve". The sleeve is detachable and can be replaced with another "dining sleeve," after usage. The design will offer the "diner" the convenience of wiping his mouth on his sleeve rather than throwing out yet another barely used paper product.. I think this idea could also translate quite well to those suffering with an annoying head cold.
the quote in case u dont wanna link it. dont sound like she is joking to me.

I don't normally love Rosie, but I thought her reaction to this was the best.

"Have you seen my *advertiser censored*?"

ROFLOL!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth