Thread: WA - Rima Danette Traxler, 8, Longview, 15 May 1985

WA - Rima Danette Traxler, 8, Longview, 15 May 1985

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: November 9, 1976
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 8 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'3"; 45 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde, mid-back length hair; blue eyes.
    • Marks, Scars: Traxler has a light-colored mark across her right shoulder blade. She has a scar under her chin.
    • Clothing: She was wearing a tan plaid skirt, a pink shirt, white tights and dark brown clogs at the time of her disappearance. Traxler also wore a rainbow-colored barrette in her hair.

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Traxler was last seen walking approximately two blocks from her family's residence in Longview, Washington on May 15, 1985. She was returning home from St. Helen's Elementary School at the time. Traxler never arrived at her house and has not been seen again.
    Joseph Kondro was convicted of her abduction and murder some time after she disappeared. Traxler's remains have never been located.

http://www.doenetwork.org/
    Brand new forum dedicated to the Keddie Cabin Murders - everyone welcome at
    www.keddieresortmurders.proboards.com

WALLA WALLA -- He tells his story casually, between yawns, revealing unspeakable horrors the way most people talk about the weather.
    Joe Kondro, shackled at the wrists, rests a chin on his big hands as he tells how he used them to rape and kill a little girl, and get away with it for a dozen years.
    For Kondro it was simple: He hid 8-year-old Rima Traxler so well that no one ever found her.
    "I figured if I could take her and bury her in a place far enough away, there was no way they'd go find her or go looking for her there," he says. "I was right."
    On the afternoon of May 15, 1985, Kondro, then a 25-year-old laborer, was driving to the store for beer and cigarettes when he saw Rima walking home from St. Helens Elementary School in Longview.
    Rima's parents were his close friends; she trusted him like family. Just that morning, he had been at her home, drinking beer with her step-dad, an old high school pal.
    "I pulled over and thought, 'If she gets into my car, I'm going to take her out to the woods . . . ' " Kondro says. "And she just jumped in."
    Kondro drove to a remote swimming hole on Germany Creek west of town. He raped, bludgeoned and strangled the third-grader, then buried her behind a tree. When Rima didn't return home from school, her desperate mother went to Kondro for help.
    more at link http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/...issing22.shtml

i watched the story about Rima Traxler and Kara Rudd on cold case files. i wanted to reach through the screen and strangle that smug sonofabit**. he said how he wished he was more careful and if they ket him out tomorrow the first thing he would do would be to have sex with a child. he said how he was addicted to young girls and whatnot. i quite frankly don't know why they even put him on TV or in that story b/c he gets off on that kind of publicity I am sure. i hope he rots in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sisters View Post
    i watched the story about Rima Traxler and Kara Rudd on cold case files. i wanted to reach through the screen and strangle that smug sonofabit**. he said how he wished he was more careful and if they ket him out tomorrow the first thing he would do would be to have sex with a child. he said how he was addicted to young girls and whatnot. i quite frankly don't know why they even put him on TV or in that story b/c he gets off on that kind of publicity I am sure. i hope he rots in hell.

This is a SICK MONSTER who deserves NOTHING less than death...with some torture thrown in along the way.

Bumping for Rima. She will have been missing for 25 years on Saturday.
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

Kondro has died in prison. I'm sad that we have never found Rima. But I am hopeful that his death brings some peace to his surviving victims (IIRC there were at least three they know of that he molested). At least they and their families can know that this piece of trash can never harm anyone ever again.

http://tdn.com/news/local/child-kill...a4bcf887a.html
    Last edited by AnnieOakley; 05-05-2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: link
    A run-away may leave on purpose, but that doesn't mean that they are able to get back home.... Never stop searching.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AnnieOakley For This Useful Post:

I wish that Rima could be returned to her family. Its so sad knowing shes still out there somewhere.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LongviewMomOf4 For This Useful Post: