Deceased/Not Found WA - Rima Traxler, 8, Longview, 15 May 1985 *J. Kondro guilty*

missacorah

Reaction score
Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: November 9, 1976
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 8 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'3"; 45 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde, mid-back length hair; blue eyes.
  • Marks, Scars: Traxler has a light-colored mark across her right shoulder blade. She has a scar under her chin.
  • Clothing: She was wearing a tan plaid skirt, a pink shirt, white tights and dark brown clogs at the time of her disappearance. Traxler also wore a rainbow-colored barrette in her hair.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Traxler was last seen walking approximately two blocks from her family's residence in Longview, Washington on May 15, 1985. She was returning home from St. Helen's Elementary School at the time. Traxler never arrived at her house and has not been seen again.
Joseph Kondro was convicted of her abduction and murder some time after she disappeared. Traxler's remains have never been located.

http://www.doenetwork.org/

WALLA WALLA -- He tells his story casually, between yawns, revealing unspeakable horrors the way most people talk about the weather.
Joe Kondro, shackled at the wrists, rests a chin on his big hands as he tells how he used them to rape and kill a little girl, and get away with it for a dozen years.
For Kondro it was simple: He hid 8-year-old Rima Traxler so well that no one ever found her.
"I figured if I could take her and bury her in a place far enough away, there was no way they'd go find her or go looking for her there," he says. "I was right."
On the afternoon of May 15, 1985, Kondro, then a 25-year-old laborer, was driving to the store for beer and cigarettes when he saw Rima walking home from St. Helens Elementary School in Longview.
Rima's parents were his close friends; she trusted him like family. Just that morning, he had been at her home, drinking beer with her step-dad, an old high school pal.
"I pulled over and thought, 'If she gets into my car, I'm going to take her out to the woods . . . ' " Kondro says. "And she just jumped in."
Kondro drove to a remote swimming hole on Germany Creek west of town. He raped, bludgeoned and strangled the third-grader, then buried her behind a tree. When Rima didn't return home from school, her desperate mother went to Kondro for help.
more at link http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/109172_kondromissing22.shtml

i watched the story about Rima Traxler and Kara Rudd on cold case files. i wanted to reach through the screen and strangle that smug sonofabit**. he said how he wished he was more careful and if they ket him out tomorrow the first thing he would do would be to have sex with a child. he said how he was addicted to young girls and whatnot. i quite frankly don't know why they even put him on TV or in that story b/c he gets off on that kind of publicity I am sure. i hope he rots in hell.

i watched the story about Rima Traxler and Kara Rudd on cold case files. i wanted to reach through the screen and strangle that smug sonofabit**. he said how he wished he was more careful and if they ket him out tomorrow the first thing he would do would be to have sex with a child. he said how he was addicted to young girls and whatnot. i quite frankly don't know why they even put him on TV or in that story b/c he gets off on that kind of publicity I am sure. i hope he rots in hell.

This is a SICK MONSTER who deserves NOTHING less than death...with some torture thrown in along the way.

Rima's has a new age-progression. To 34 years old.

traxler_rima_ap.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/traxler_rima.html
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

I wish that Rima could be returned to her family. Its so sad knowing shes still out there somewhere.

Such a devastating case and after all this time, Rima still hasn't been found. I hope they are still looking for her, I imagine she can't be too far from home. At the very least, the monster who did this spent his last years alive in prison and is thankfully dead where he can no longer hurt others.

Bumping the thread to subscribe.
This was on On The Case with Paula Zahn tonight. I don't know if it was updated since the Cold Case Files episode.
I only saw a few scenes of it, but maybe it will be rebroadcast soon or it can be found on the line.
Somehow Rima needs to be found and brought home. She was only 8 yrs old.

Bumping the thread to subscribe.
This was on On The Case with Paula Zahn tonight. I don't know if it was updated since the Cold Case Files episode.
I only saw a few scenes of it, but maybe it will be rebroadcast soon or it can be found on the line.
Somehow Rima needs to be found and brought home. She was only 8 yrs old.

Thanks for the heads up. I just finished watching and it was more informative than the Cold Case Files episode.

Rima's mother was initially surprised that Joe Kondro was charged with the murder since he was very supportive during the searches. Even though he confessed, she doesn't believe he was responsible; she thinks he was trying to avoid the death penalty and lied about being involved.

Rima's stepfather (Rusty) failed three polygraphs but they never found any evidence that he was involved. Investigators said that during the day of Rima's disappearance, Rusty was hanging out with a friend at his house and the friend was with him for most of the day. The portion of the day he was alone is where they focused on.

I believe Kondro is responsible and he was also the friend that Rusty was with that day. I understand why they thought Rusty was responsible. It's still frustrating to see how close Kondro was to the investigation yet was never looked at more closely (that's the impression I got). The detectives made no comments about future searches for Rima's remains although sadly, it sounds like they don't believe they will ever find her. Hope I'm wrong about that.

WALLA WALLA -- He tells his story casually, between yawns, revealing unspeakable horrors the way most people talk about the weather.
Joe Kondro, shackled at the wrists, rests a chin on his big hands as he tells how he used them to rape and kill a little girl, and get away with it for a dozen years.
For Kondro it was simple: He hid 8-year-old Rima Traxler so well that no one ever found her.
"I figured if I could take her and bury her in a place far enough away, there was no way they'd go find her or go looking for her there," he says. "I was right."
On the afternoon of May 15, 1985, Kondro, then a 25-year-old laborer, was driving to the store for beer and cigarettes when he saw Rima walking home from St. Helens Elementary School in Longview.
Rima's parents were his close friends; she trusted him like family. Just that morning, he had been at her home, drinking beer with her step-dad, an old high school pal.
"I pulled over and thought, 'If she gets into my car, I'm going to take her out to the woods . . . ' " Kondro says. "And she just jumped in."
Kondro drove to a remote swimming hole on Germany Creek west of town. He raped, bludgeoned and strangled the third-grader, then buried her behind a tree. When Rima didn't return home from school, her desperate mother went to Kondro for help.
more at link http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/109172_kondromissing22.shtml
That Kondro guy just turns my stomach. It doesn't sound like there's much chance of finding Roma if her killer picked a random spot in the middle of nowhere.

Kondro was convicted of the Rima Traxler and Kara Rudd murders but he also killed
Chila Silvernails in 1982...so he commits a murder in 82 and 85 then not again until 96? He alluded to there being “others” but how much. He only admitted to Rimas and Karas, but he was an ex-bf of Chila’s mother.

Kondro was convicted of the Rima Traxler and Kara Rudd murders but he also killed
Chila Silvernails in 1982...so he commits a murder in 82 and 85 then not again until 96? He alluded to there being “others” but how much. He only admitted to Rimas and Karas, but he was an ex-bf of Chila’s mother.

I am Chila's sister. Our mom never dated Kondro.
I don't know where Kondro got that delusional notion from, but it never happened... obviously he was on some powerful drugs back then and hallucinating!!

I am Chila's sister. Our mom never dated Kondro.
I don't know where Kondro got that delusional notion from, but it never happened... obviously he was on some powerful drugs back then and hallucinating!!

So sorry for your loss, I couldn’t even imagine.
I’ll have to find the article where I read this. Did your family know him or wonder if he just placed himself in the tragedy....

So sorry for your loss, I couldn’t even imagine.
I’ll have to find the article where I read this. Did your family know him or wonder if he just placed himself in the tragedy....

Thank you. I have read that article from The Daily News (Longview, WA) after it first come out. An author wrote a book about the creep and he had stated that to her.

I talked with our other sister last night.. she sent me this in regards to creepy Kondro knowing mom and/or dad.........

"He doesn't even know mom. You lived there. He also said that he knew mom from the bars in Kalama. Mom didn't go to the bars in Kalama. Don (Chila's father) did and he said he didn't even know Don. So all of that *advertiser censored*. Mom even said she didn't know him. So I don't really know either."

My sister has had rough times the last couple years... plus, her memory isn't as good as mine... she used to have detectives talk to me whenever they brought in a 'person of interest', she told them, "Dee remembers everyone from back in the day" .. No, I myself didn't know Kondro from back then... nor would I ever care too.

Kondro at the time he "dated our mom" was as old as our brother (who at the time was stationed in Germany).

I feel most sorry for Rima's mom.. I saw a post on FB yesterday dated back in 2011.. what I gathered from the post, Rima's mom believes she is out there, alive. Sad!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back