1137 users online (237 members and 900 guests)  

Websleuths News

Glen Burniw Apt. Fire

This happened to my niece. Noone injured thankfully. My nephews are 10 months, 7 and 8.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/loc...-local-arundel

Oh Strach, I'm so sorry to hear this happened to loved ones of yours.

I'm so glad they weren't hurt. Were they able to salvage anything from their place?

I'll keep them in my prayers. Take care.

timetravel is offline care giver of all stray and feral cats who come my way.
    was someone home with the children when this happened? do they know yet how the fire started? I lived in maryland, too....

Quote Originally Posted by strach304 View Post
    This happened to my niece. Noone injured thankfully. My nephews are 10 months, 7 and 8.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/loc...-local-arundel
    I grew up in Glen Burnie. In fact, Southgate apartments are a stone's throw from the housing development in which I was raised. Hope that your niece and her son's are doing okay.

P.S. Your thread heading says,"Burniw." It's really Burnie.

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    I hope everyone is ok!

What a small world, I grew up in Annapolis, but my entire family is from Baltimore and Severn! In fact, I had family that lived in Glen Burnie near the old Harundale Mall!

Oops, can't fix the typo. Too late to edit I guess. The kids were with my niece. One of those situations where they came home from work and school (also daycare) and found the apt. on fire. She spent the night at the holiday inn with the kids. They think the maintenance man was cooking on a grill and fell asleep.

Thank God they are all ok Strach.......

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I hope everyone is ok!

What a small world, I grew up in Annapolis, but my entire family is from Baltimore and Severn! In fact, I had family that lived in Glen Burnie near the old Harundale Mall!
    It is a small world!!

I--and a bunch of my hoodlum friends--used to hang out at the Harundale Mall back in the day. We also hung out on the railroad tracks by the Mall. I used to run down those tracks as a shortcut to my house.

I used to work at the Naval Academy in Annapolis and also married a Midshipman. My mother still lives in Severn.

Quote Originally Posted by strach304 View Post
    Oops, can't fix the typo. Too late to edit I guess. The kids were with my niece. One of those situations where they came home from work and school (also daycare) and found the apt. on fire. She spent the night at the holiday inn with the kids. They think the maintenance man was cooking on a grill and fell asleep.
    Does your niece have renter's insurance to cover the loss of her personal belongings and also to cover her hotel bill? Will they put her in another apartment?

Strach, I am so happy to hear that your niece and your three little nephews are all okay. How are they doing now? What a scary thing for them to have had to go through.

Lion