1252 users online (264 members and 988 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pet owner will pay $10,000 for lost pooch!

I'm not sure if this is where to post this. I guess it's bizarre that this lady would pay this much, but I feel sorry for her. I'd love to see someone find her dog and then we can move this to the "News That Makes You Smile forum."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...94-662,00.html

A PRINCELY reward has been offered by a distraught pet owner after her beloved companion was dog-napped more than three years ago.
    Susan Dennis has placed advertisements in every national newspaper and country magazine this week offering a $10,000 reward for the return of Beau, a distinctive English setter dog.

I really need to find this dog!
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

I would say that I would be prepared to offer a $10,000.00 reward for my sweet Katie, an 11 month old Westie, but if I said it, some crazed dog napper might dog nap her from the safety of my home and hold her for ransom.... So I'll shut up now...
    "Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance."~ Plato
    ~The above reflects only my opinion...

I wonder what Dog the Bounty Hunter would do if he read this. Makes me want to go find this pooch. I sure could use $10,000. I'd definitely throw anyone I knew who had him under the bus for the reward.

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    I really need to find this dog!
    You and me both! Honestly tho, I don't think I could take her money. From reading the article, she doesn't really have it. As much as I could use the money, it would be rewarding enough just to see her get her dog back.

Quote Originally Posted by angelwngs View Post
    I would say that I would be prepared to offer a $10,000.00 reward for my sweet Katie, an 11 month old Westie, but if I said it, some crazed dog napper might dog nap her from the safety of my home and hold her for ransom.... So I'll shut up now...
    Oh gosh, I know what you mean! I have a 7 mth old Westie and I can't put a price on his worth. He is priceless to me!

timetravel is offline care giver of all stray and feral cats who come my way.
    i was going to say the same thing - if i could i'd go to australia and search for her dog - and if found, i couldn't take a penny - if anything, i'd just ask for a donation to a place that rescues pups and kittens from the streets.....

Quote Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
    You and me both! Honestly tho, I don't think I could take her money. From reading the article, she doesn't really have it. As much as I could use the money, it would be rewarding enough just to see her get her dog back.
    I'm with you! I'd just be happy to help reunite loved ones....but $10,000....I might take it if Donald Trump was offering it for the finder of his lost pooch!

Quote Originally Posted by angelwngs View Post
    I would say that I would be prepared to offer a $10,000.00 reward for my sweet Katie, an 11 month old Westie,
    --absolutely--same here--If our 14 year old kitty cat could have been saved with an operation that would've guaranteed her a few more years of life,i definitely would have paid 10,000 bucks,i would have even paid 20,000 bucks--money is SO unimportant compared to these things

i understand wanting to do anything to get your beloved pet back,, but i can't help but think this kind of thing is only going to encourge more pet thievery.
    at some point, instead of spending more thousands of $$.. she might want to think about the option of finding another homeless pet who needs her love (and vice-versa).. that being said, hopefully the group she started will be able to help others. unfortunately the link to her website didn't work though.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hamilton View Post
    --absolutely--same here--If our 14 year old kitty cat could have been saved with an operation that would've guaranteed her a few more years of life,i definitely would have paid 10,000 bucks,i would have even paid 20,000 bucks--money is SO unimportant compared to these things
    I agree. My pets are priceless to me. I don't think I could take the money from this lady but if it was some millionaire I would not hesitate.

I hope she gets her pet back and in good health.

Gozgals

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hamilton View Post
    --money is SO unimportant compared to these things
    Only if you have the money!

Hey, guys, this is $10,000 Australian we're talking about.

That's like, what, $50 US?

(But I agree. If I had the money, I would certainly pay to get my cat back.)

$10,000 is a lot of money to me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Hey, guys, this is $10,000 Australian we're talking about.

That's like, what, $50 US?

(But I agree. If I had the money, I would certainly pay to get my cat back.)
    That's still over 8,000ish dollars US. I don't think I could afford paying a reward like that. Hope this person doesn't get scammed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast