1299 users online (204 members and 1095 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 159
  1. #1

    AZ - New developments in the Cindy Monkman Apelt case

    http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2007-...or-the-devil/1

    We're headed back to court again, after 17 years and my father and I are subpeonae'd to testify against my sister's killers in their now claims of "mental retardation". If they pass this gauntlet not only are they up for parole, but they open the door for ALL the sociopaths on Death Row to appeal on the basis of mental retardation.

    Please read Sarah's STRONG story on this that just came out and keep my family in your prayers. Thanks.

    thank you for inspiring me travis alexander




    My posts are 100% my opinion with whatever bias I enjoy. Please read accordingly!


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    deep in the heart of Texas
    Posts
    32,152
    Quote Originally Posted by katiecoolady View Post
    http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2007-...or-the-devil/1

    We're headed back to court again, after 17 years and my father and I are subpeonae'd to testify against my sister's killers in their now claims of "mental retardation". If they pass this gauntlet not only are they up for parole, but they open the door for ALL the sociopaths on Death Row to appeal on the basis of mental retardation.

    Please read Sarah's STRONG story on this that just came out and keep my family in your prayers. Thanks.

    I'm am stunned, after reading the article.I will keep your family in my prayers.
    And I hope this monster does not get away with this..

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,796
    I can't imagine anyone believing his ploy. It is a defense lawyer's dream vacation but I don't think any jury or marginally seasoned judge would go for this.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    dallas, tx
    Posts
    3,282
    katie, praying for you all!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    portland, Ore
    Posts
    18,228
    Hi Katie. I remember so well your talking about your sister, baring your soal to us seemingly years ago. It almost seems like yesterday though.

    I will read her case tonight Katie, and gosh, it is so good to see you again. One thing that immediately comes to mind is that we do have to trust the system. It is a gamble, yes. to have implicit trust, but I think the odds will weigh heavily against him and this ruse.


    My first question to answer is Was this retardation ever brought up before, or is it a new strategy on their part!

    Scandi

  6. #6
    The problem is, the Judge is HIGHLY defense oriented. She's literally given the defense every thing they have asked for and slammed down the AG's office similarly. Today though, the AG's office is taking her BACK to the AZ Supreme Court to try and get her recused from the trial for meeting with the DEFENSE in a secret "exparte" meeting to get our former prosecutor kicked off the case, which she DID today. She broke ethical and I believe legal laws (redundant I know but don't know the right term) in making that ruling and finally the State has a valid argument for recusing her. She has obvious bias and is the ONLY finder of fact in this (no jury) and if she stands in place we are prepared for a ruling in their favor. It's totally inside out.

    Thanks for taking the time to read this guys.

    thank you for inspiring me travis alexander




    My posts are 100% my opinion with whatever bias I enjoy. Please read accordingly!


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by scandi View Post
    Hi Katie. I remember so well your talking about your sister, baring your soal to us seemingly years ago. It almost seems like yesterday though.

    I will read her case tonight Katie, and gosh, it is so good to see you again. One thing that immediately comes to mind is that we do have to trust the system. It is a gamble, yes. to have implicit trust, but I think the odds will weigh heavily against him and this ruse.


    My first question to answer is Was this retardation ever brought up before, or is it a new strategy on their part!

    Scandi
    It was never brought up until 2002 when the Supreme Court issued a ruling on the mentally retarded and Death sentences. Suddenly, then and only then did these men "become" retarded.

    thank you for inspiring me travis alexander




    My posts are 100% my opinion with whatever bias I enjoy. Please read accordingly!


  8. #8
    I will add that as of today, there are THREE "special actions" pending on this Judge and this hearing (which begins in less than a week--this Monday). Two of them at the AZ Supreme Court level. They've already overturned her on three other things at a big hearing last Spring. But she remains, the only finder of fact.

    Most recently she ruled that these "mentally retarded" killers do not have to testify (thus be cross examined) in this hearing. She's got everyone shaking their heads here. And she's getting away with it.

    thank you for inspiring me travis alexander




    My posts are 100% my opinion with whatever bias I enjoy. Please read accordingly!


  9. #9
    For anyone who wants more backround info on our case, here is a great comprehensive story done several years ago:

    http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/1994-...eason-to-kill/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    Quote Originally Posted by katiecoolady View Post
    For anyone who wants more backround info on our case, here is a great comprehensive story done several years ago:

    http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/1994-...eason-to-kill/
    OT HI Katiecoo!

    ETA: well I guess I should read the posts. I was just excited to see you. Going back to read now.


  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    OT HI Katiecoo!

    ETA: well I guess I should read the posts. I was just excited to see you. Going back to read now.

    Hiya JBean! :waving:

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    This is just shocking. Didn't you have to deal with something else with this guy just last year? This is horrible..I'll be interested in following this development. I am reallly sorry KCL.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    This is just shocking. Didn't you have to deal with something else with this guy just last year? This is horrible..I'll be interested in following this development. I am reallly sorry KCL.
    Yup. Good memory. We went to the AZ Supreme Court and got this Judge over turned on several ruling regarding this hearing. But there she still is...for now. I just hope she gets recused tomorrow as the hearing starts just this Monday. Or is supposed to. All their experts are flying in from Germany for that date. My father had to cancel his preplanned/prepaid trip to China for this. It's been really really difficult.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,471
    Hi Katie, I remember you telling of your sister's horrific murder a long time ago. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers as you have to go through this ridiculous farce. It's infuriating that you should have to go through this and reopen old wounds.

    Surely, the courts will see that this monster is quite clever for a supposed "mentally retarded" person. I hope justice prevails for you.

    Please keep us posted? ((((hugs))))

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    Quote Originally Posted by katiecoolady View Post
    Yup. Good memory. We went to the AZ Supreme Court and got this Judge over turned on several ruling regarding this hearing. But there she still is...for now. I just hope she gets recused tomorrow as the hearing starts just this Monday. Or is supposed to. All their experts are flying in from Germany for that date. My father had to cancel his preplanned/prepaid trip to China for this. It's been really really difficult.
    It is simply amazing to me that anyone is interested in helping this piece of chit.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Why didn't Cindy file for custody of Caylee? Could Cindy have saved her?
    By Irish_Eyes in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 227
    Last Post: 08-21-2011, 04:06 AM
  2. Replies: 280
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 10:43 AM
  3. George, Cindy A Say Big Development In Case Is Coming
    By Janis396 in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 08:09 PM

Tags for this Thread