1031 users online (196 members and 835 guests)  

Websleuths News

SC - Andrea Person charged in deaths of 3 babies at Columbia day care, 1998-2007

I did a search and couldnt find anything on here about this.they are trying to find any more children who may have been abused by this woman while they were in her care.

http://www.johndouglasmindhunter.com...pic.php?t=5765

Quote Originally Posted by aussiegran View Post
    I did a search and couldnt find anything on here about this.they are trying to find any more children who may have been abused by this woman while they were in her care.

http://www.johndouglasmindhunter.com...pic.php?t=5765
    How do these people end up being caregivers of children? I thought they had to get a clearance first? I worked at a thrift shop last year and I had child abuse clearance from the state before they would hire me.

My husband is a journeyman and he also had to get a child abuse clearance from the state before he could to construction work at a children's hospital.

If the state is so picky about these clearances, why do these FREAKIN' HORRIBLE THINGS KEEP HAPPENING TO BABIES?

The linked article states that she had been licensed by the state but that her license had expired. Yet she continued to care for children. In other words, parents continued to place their kids in her care despite the fact that she was unlicensed. IMO, the parents bear a lot of responsibility for putting their kids in unlicensed, dangerous daycare. So sad.

Hoppy

Quote Originally Posted by hoppyfrog View Post
    The linked article states that she had been licensed by the state but that her license had expired. Yet she continued to care for children. In other words, parents continued to place their kids in her care despite the fact that she was unlicensed. IMO, the parents bear a lot of responsibility for putting their kids in unlicensed, dangerous daycare. So sad.

Hoppy
    She had been previously licensed and it expired.
    She simply could have lied.
    Granted the parents should have researched better but I am not sure that equates to them bearing a lot of responsibility.

Who in the hell do you trust to watch your kids if you have to work? You cannot trust anyone anymore. What the hell are mothers suppose to do especially if they have to work?

Day care deaths: Prosecutor mulls next trial

Tuesday, Nov. 24, 2009

A decision on which case to try convicted baby killer Andrea Person on next will be made in several weeks, 5th Circuit Solicitor Barney Giese said Monday.

"I want to meet first with the victims' families," Giese said.

Last week, after a four-day trial, a Richland County jury found Person guilty of homicide by child abuse in the 1998 suffocation death of 1-year-old Zachary Ulengchong at her day-care center.

Members of the Ulengchong family, as well as members of the other two families whose babies Person has been charged with killing, watched last week's entire trial, Giese said.

On Friday night following the guilty verdict, Giese said, he met with the families, reviewed the verdict, and told them he will meet with them again in several weeks to discuss which case will be tried next.

Meanwhile, public defender Doug Strickler said Monday he is filing a notice of appeal of Person's guilty verdict.

Much more at link:
    http://www.thestate.com/2009/11/24/1...#ixzz0n3bRXx7x

Andrea Person

Housed: Leath
    Sentence Start Date: 06/27/2008

Offense: Homicide by Child Abuse
    Sentence: 22 years

Projected Release Date: 03/05/2027