Bees are infected with mites in hawaii

That's just really sad. Are these mites the reason the bees have disappeared in other States?

This quote got me:
This is going to be for us a nightmare," said Michael Kliks, head of the Hawaii Beekeepers' Association and owner of Manoa Honey Co. "When I saw that mite I knew exactly what it was. I knew exactly what it meant and I fell to my knees and almost began to weep because it's inexpressible what that sea change is for us in Hawaii."

That's just really sad. Are these mites the reason the bees have disappeared in other States?

This quote got me:
This is going to be for us a nightmare," said Michael Kliks, head of the Hawaii Beekeepers' Association and owner of Manoa Honey Co. "When I saw that mite I knew exactly what it was. I knew exactly what it meant and I fell to my knees and almost began to weep because it's inexpressible what that sea change is for us in Hawaii."

From what I have been reading they arent sure of what is making the bees disappear. I did read on a questionable website that it could be cellphones, but I wouldnt trust the source. I bet it could be reasonable its this. Our farming community has really had a hard time recently and its sad the beekeepers are getting hit too.

From what I have been reading they arent sure of what is making the bees disappear. I did read on a questionable website that it could be cellphones, but I wouldnt trust the source. I bet it could be reasonable its this. Our farming community has really had a hard time recently and its sad the beekeepers are getting hit too.

I thought cell phones used radio waves to work...and those have been around quite a while.

(I'm probably wrong about that.)

It sure would be nice to figure out what is harming the bees. :(

I thought cell phones used radio waves to work...and those have been around quite a while.

(I'm probably wrong about that.)

It sure would be nice to figure out what is harming the bees. :(

Actually its the radiation that is confusing them - Here's an abc news website with the information
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=nation_world&id=5213903

Fresh fruits and vegetation are high enough in cost. I cant imagine how high it will be without the bee's help to cross pollinate. Being a vegetarian now this effects me greatly.

This is so scary to me. I live amid avocado and orange groves, both of which depend on bees for pollination. Whatever is the real cause of this, I hope scientists figure it out and that somehow we can over come whatever is killing bees. Scary.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back