Japan Scammed

The scam was uncovered when Japanese moviestar Maiko Kawamaki went on a talk-show and wondered why her new pet would not bark or eat dog food.

She was crestfallen when told it was a sheep.

Then hundreds of other women got in touch with police to say they feared their new "poodle" was also a sheep.

Are they kidding? How could they not know that it wasn't a dog? I can believe one or two people falling for this, but not 2,000. Even if they're not familiar with sheep, you'd have to know it's not a poodle, either, right?

I'm starting to lose faith in humanity.

My hub read this story to me this morning.... it was the first good laugh I've had in weeks.

:laugh: "It won't bark."

Numerous Japenese have been tricked into paying thousands for poodles which are actually sheep.
I kid you not.:p
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=263297

This is a classic, I cracked up when I read that bit about not barking and not eating the dog food :D

<<The sheep are believed to have been imported from overseas - Britain, Australia>>

We're looking at you New Zealand lol- thought for sure the article would say NZ-

The scam was uncovered when Japanese moviestar Maiko Kawamaki went on a talk-show and wondered why her new pet would not bark or eat dog food.

She was crestfallen when told it was a sheep.

Then hundreds of other women got in touch with police to say they feared their new "poodle" was also a sheep.

Are they kidding? How could they not know that it wasn't a dog? I can believe one or two people falling for this, but not 2,000. Even if they're not familiar with sheep, you'd have to know it's not a poodle, either, right?

I'm starting to lose faith in humanity.

lol :D

I like the bit about getting it's toenails trimmed and finding out it had hooves. Even if they didn't realize it wasn't a fancy poodle, wouldn't they notice that part?

When I first read this I laughed so hard I nearly fell out of my chair. Even if it is a hoax it was the best laugh I have had in awhile!:woohoo:

I'm sorry, that's just too dang funny.
I wonder where the people went to get their sheep-dog's nails trimmed. Didn't the trimmer even know?

sheepscam.jpg

It wouldve fooled me...but then again its not hard to pull the wool over my eyes:p

Just visit snopes.com if something sounds too funny to be true. It's worth a visit just for the fun!!

Hi dmp.....I spend alot of time at snopes....its a great site.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back