FL - Daidon Murray, 10 wks, suffocated, Winter Haven, 1 March 2007

I don't understand how these sick b******* can live with themselves after killing an innocent baby. I think it's getting worse and worse because of so many kids being raised with such an entitlement attitude and they don't have the ability to empathize with anyone else. Total sociopaths.

That's just barbaric.

I agree with Yakwoman, there's something going wrong in how our society is raising children (not all of them, thankfully!) But this sort of stuff is just too common.

Now I'm sad . . . again. In Vineland, NJ, an almost 3 month old baby was murdered by the mother's boyfriend 3 days ago. She wanted to give her up for adoption but he promised that he would help her with the baby. He was supposedly very good with the baby and was supposed to drop her off at the babysitter but never did. The mother came home to blood on her bedspread and carpet. The baby was found in a trashbag behind the washing machine in the basement.

I have trouble killing ants and flies. I don't understand these people, if you can even call them that.

I don't know what the answer is to help stop these terrible things from happening. People who don't want to be a parent have so many other options.

VB

This WASTE OF DNA should be punished to the full extent possible. How about if he gets beat to death...eye for any eye, tooth for a tooth...isn't that what the bible says? I cannot stand hearing about this stuff. Everytime I turn around some helpless baby or child is being murdered, raped, abused...wtf is wrong with this world?

Now I'm sad . . . again. In Vineland, NJ, an almost 3 month old baby was murdered by the mother's boyfriend 3 days ago. She wanted to give her up for adoption but he promised that he would help her with the baby. He was supposedly very good with the baby and was supposed to drop her off at the babysitter but never did. The mother came home to blood on her bedspread and carpet. The baby was found in a trashbag behind the washing machine in the basement.

I have trouble killing ants and flies. I don't understand these people, if you can even call them that.

OMG, that is just horrible. We had an incident in my home town a few weeks ago in which a 20 month old girl was killed by her mother's 17 year old boyfriend (not the child's father). It was just announced that he will be tried as an adult. It's all just so sad and so unneccessary.

My ex husband is from Vineland...

This guy's a loser and she's obviously an idiot. Put 'em both away after they get "fixed."

Maybe we need to go back to some sort of dowry system, where there is a sum of money paid to the groom's family for the bride. It at least forced people to "think" before they fu#$@*. I explain it to my daughter's like this....it is natural and normal, for every male on the planet to "want" them. They shouldn't feel special just because some guy acts intersted. Guys are interested in rocks.....ugly rocks. As a woman, they hold the key to the future of the human race. Women, shoulder the responsiblity of "selecting" only the finest specimens that will help assure the future of the human race. Maybe in addition to the dowry system, we need to reinstitute the gladiator system. Sorry, I certainly don't mean to trivilize this horrible case, but it does seem to me that there are a lot of women out there, making a lot of bad choices.

By BILLY TOWNSEND | The Tampa Tribune

Published: April 18, 2008

BARTOW - A Winter Haven father was sentenced Thursday to 10 years in prison in the death of his 10-week-old son, who suffocated last year after the man tried to stop him from crying by stuffing his mouth with a washcloth.

snip

The sentence was part of a plea agreement that saw a grand jury's first-degree murder charge dropped to manslaughter.

The Polk County State Attorney's Office agreed to the deal because of concerns over its ability to prove murder in the death of Daidon Murray.

"We had serious evidentiary concerns," said state attorney spokesman Chip Thullbery.

snip

Murray told Barkley to get a washcloth, and he "secured it" with the masking tape. He put Daidon in a car seat and stuck him in a closet before sitting to watch television.

Barkley said she checked on the infant several times in the next half-hour or so and noticed that he was breathing "as if he was congested." By her last check, Daidon had stopped breathing and was getting cold.

Barkley said she tried to call 911, but Murray prevented her, saying he would hurt her if she interfered in his efforts to revive the baby.

Much more at link:
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/apr/18/father-sentenced-10-years-death-infant/

Desmond Murray

Sentence Date: 04/17/2008

Offense: Homicide, Manslaughter-Culpable Negligence
Sentence: 10 years

Current Release Date: 11/15/2016

05/07/2008 - Out of Dept. Custody by Court Order

Does anyone know what that means? I wonder if it is connected to the evidentiary issues they were having? I'm also wondering why there would be evidentiary issues in this case, unless there was some question as to which parent actually killed the child. I fail to see why they weren't both charged.

lets see, he stuffed a washcloth in his mouth, then duct taped it.

what part of the evidence is hard to grasp that this was murder?

our court system is hopless.

By Jason Geary
THE LEDGER

Published: Saturday, July 3, 2010 at 12:03 a.m.
Last Modified: Saturday, July 3, 2010 at 12:03 a.m.

BARTOW | Desmond Murray was sentenced Friday to 30 years in prison for failing to protect his 10-week-old son, Daidon, from being suffocated.

snip

The 30-year prison sentence is a hefty increase in punishment for Murray.

In April 2008, he took a plea deal for a 10-year prison sentence, but later rejected the deal and went forward with a trial.

BBM - Much more at link:
http://www.theledger.com/article/20...nced-to-30-Years-In-Killing-of-His-Infant-Son

Another one of those lovely cases of "she testified against him for immunity" and admitted that she was aware of the abuse and did absolutely nothing to stop it. The judge, in fact, lamented that she was not standing in front of him for sentencing as well.

By BILLY TOWNSEND | The Tampa Tribune

Published: April 18, 2008

BARTOW - A Winter Haven father was sentenced Thursday to 10 years in prison in the death of his 10-week-old son, who suffocated last year after the man tried to stop him from crying by stuffing his mouth with a washcloth.

snip

The sentence was part of a plea agreement that saw a grand jury's first-degree murder charge dropped to manslaughter.

The Polk County State Attorney's Office agreed to the deal because of concerns over its ability to prove murder in the death of Daidon Murray.

"We had serious evidentiary concerns," said state attorney spokesman Chip Thullbery.

snip

Murray told Barkley to get a washcloth, and he "secured it" with the masking tape. He put Daidon in a car seat and stuck him in a closet before sitting to watch television.

Barkley said she checked on the infant several times in the next half-hour or so and noticed that he was breathing "as if he was congested." By her last check, Daidon had stopped breathing and was getting cold.

Barkley said she tried to call 911, but Murray prevented her, saying he would hurt her if she interfered in his efforts to revive the baby.

Much more at link:
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/apr/18/father-sentenced-10-years-death-infant/

Desmond Murray

Sentence Date: 04/17/2008

Offense: Homicide, Manslaughter-Culpable Negligence
Sentence: 10 years

Current Release Date: 11/15/2016

05/07/2008 - Out of Dept. Custody by Court Order

Does anyone know what that means? I wonder if it is connected to the evidentiary issues they were having? I'm also wondering why there would be evidentiary issues in this case, unless there was some question as to which parent actually killed the child. I fail to see why they weren't both charged.

any 'evidentiary issues' were erased when he plead guilty. this is horsehockey. what, did they decide the baby killed himself? :waitasec:

any 'evidentiary issues' were erased when he plead guilty. this is horsehockey. what, did they decide the baby killed himself? :waitasec:

That was their basis for offering him a plea deal originally, which he took. And then he rejected it and went to trial and got 3 times the original sentence. So, ha ha on him. I think the evidentiary concerns were about which parent did it.

ok im lost lol

last i saw he was 'out of custody'

dont know how he could rescind his plea after he'd already been sentenced though

ok im lost lol

last i saw he was 'out of custody'

dont know how he could rescind his plea after he'd already been sentenced though

That really confused me too. I think what may have happened is that when he rescinded the plea deal, they transferred him back to county jail for trial. DOC just showed him being out of custody per court order, but I don't think he was actually released. I'm not sure how he was able to reject the plea after he took it, but it's all good, because now his sentence is 30 years instead of 10. So, I'm watching for him to go back to DOC. I should go look and see if he is in the county jail as I suspect.

BRB.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vconners
Back