Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: While we are searching.. OT thread.

Hybrid View

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176

While we are searching.. OT thread.

and checking the forum umpteen times.....

what is everyone doing?

Laundry is going and I am listening to the Wiggles...... on Cd with my little guy. Right now the Pennsylvania Polka is playing. Going to visit some friends later tonight for a bbq and bon fire.... and we are playing hide and seek. I'm sure 100 is up now, so I need to go find him.

Even when I am occupied, this is always on my mind.....
    Last edited by Cubby; 06-13-2010 at 03:08 AM.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

I just put my 2-year old daughter down to bed. She's sick with a bad cold My husband is out of town as usual, working on our lake house with my father. I just cleaned the house like a madwoman and have my daughter's cloth diapers drying in the dryer. I LOVE having a clean house and clean laundry!

I think about Anna and her family all day long, everyday! I am hoping and praying we get good news soon!

I'm sewing a dress to wear to three concerts I have to play in...instead of practicing the 140 pages of music I need to play! I know practice makes perfect, but I've always hated to practice. How did I ever wind up being a piano player? So far, all our DOJ, LE and .gov contacts seem to be away from their various offices. Aargh.

I am just wrapping up the first half of my workday. This evening I will be doing one of my shows, bringing a little ray of sunshine into the otherwise dreary existence of my fans.

The sad thing is, today is my four year anniversary with my wife, but I have to spend all day working. Tomorrow, we are going out for a nice dinner (after I fix our leaking toilet). The life of an amatuer crime-fighter is never dull.

I'm just posting on the countdown thread.....

wait a second...I do that almost everyday LOL

I GoodSearch for American Cave Conservation Association. Raise money for your favorite charity or school just by searching the Internet with GoodSearch - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!
    http://www.goodsearch.com/?charityid=908162

ahhh, we just got back from looking at yet another crappy house that is for sale. So frustrating! House buying would be so much easier if I had a coupon for $100,000 off, lol. But, the kids are playing nicely so I can goof off for now!
    You won't cry for my absence, I know -
    You forgot me long ago. Am I that unimportant...?
    Am I so insignificant...? Isn't something missing?
    Isn't someone missing me?
    Evanescence
    Please take a moment to see Deanna's Age progression here:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Deanna Merryfield-missing from Killeen,Tx since July 1990
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=106164

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMyst View Post
    I'm just posting on the countdown thread.....

wait a second...I do that almost everyday LOL

Soooo, that's how you got over 9000 posts!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    and checking the forum umpteen times.....

what is everyone doing?

Laundry is going and I am listening to the Wiggles...... on Cd with my little guy. Right now the Pennsylvania Polka is playing. Going to visit some friends later tonight for a bbq and bon fire.... and we are playing hide and seek. I'm sure 100 is up now, so I need to go find him.

Even when I am occupied, this is always on my mind.....
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Not the Wiggles!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great idea for a thread....while we wait.

Quote Originally Posted by GraceBlue
    I just put my 2-year old daughter down to bed. She's sick with a bad cold My husband is out of town as usual, working on our lake house with my father. I just cleaned the house like a madwoman and have my daughter's cloth diapers drying in the dryer. I LOVE having a clean house and clean laundry!
    Ah Grace, when are ya stoppin' by? I think before I have asked you to clean my house, maybe more than once....you haven't come yet. I'm still waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doggie
    today is my four year anniversary with my wife

No comment on the house buying/hunting/costs.....I keep saying I'm going to move, upgrade.......oh I don't want to move!

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    No comment on the house buying/hunting/costs.....I keep saying I'm going to move, upgrade.......oh I don't want to move!

I recently went back to work after taking a year off. We closed our antique store, just sold the property and are now house-hunting as well. We're in WV and we certainly don't have housing prices like some of you, but we are in a higher area for real estate than most of our immediate area. Summersville has a beautiful 2700 acre lake and the area attracts alot of people for second homes and retirees (these are the markets that jack up prices). Christine, I'm kinda like you, we need to upgrade, but I don't wanna move either!!

I'm finally getting adjusted back to a 45 hour work week plus travel time - I feel like I've been robbed of all my leisure time. However, I still stop by here every evening to check on Anna and all my favorite cases.

LOL, think this sums it up?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
    Thumb twiddling is an activity that is done with the hands of an individual whereby the fingers are interlocked and the thumbs circle around a common focal point, usually in the middle of the distance between the two thumbs.
    While it is an expression of at least a moderate amount of manual dexterity, thumb twiddling is frequently used as an example of a useless, time-wasting activity. It is equated with other activities that are also considered useless by the speaker. Therefore it is most often used as a synonym for an activity that will take the attention of the performer, but will not yield any useful results.
    Thumb twiddling can be seen as an expression of which hand is dominant within the individual. The weaker handed thumb will "follow" the dominant handed thumb in the activity.
    You won't cry for my absence, I know -
    You forgot me long ago. Am I that unimportant...?
    Am I so insignificant...? Isn't something missing?
    Isn't someone missing me?
    Evanescence
    Please take a moment to see Deanna's Age progression here:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Deanna Merryfield-missing from Killeen,Tx since July 1990
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=106164

Devote some time to the other cases that I am involved in here at WS's. I have also been trying to update the myspace pages that I maintain for those cases. I currently am trying to keep up with 9 myspace profiles, that alone keeps me busy.
    I still manage to spend time with the family though and am enjoying my 2 grandbabies.
    Retired 08/03/03

We're down south with my son (Anna's cousin) for a long weekend, always checking the forum first thing if we're out more than two hours and hoping that the recent events -- personal visit from the lead investigator, involvement of politicians, sudden unavailability of everyone involved -- are good things.

Looking forward to a weekend with a hubby I haven't seen in two weeks, and the beautiful forest here is always nice on a sunny weekend. Gardening gardening gardening! The house prices in my northern CA county are at a median of $450,000...and I live in the woods! Like other SF bay area people, we have driven up prices beyond belief, I am lucky, I live on family property, no rent, no payments...trying to buy one myself!

Still holding my breath here, and wishing Annasmom, and C many blessings! Good to hear all of you have a 'normal' life when not addicted to WS like myself!

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Doogie - Happy Belated Anniversary. I hope your dinner was great. What kind of music?
    Annasmom - Happy Sewing, a talent which I don't have...... nor do I have writing or music talent, both of which I admire.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Waiting, waiting, waiting.......

I don't need to remind anyone that Anna disappeared on Jan. 16, 1973 but I don't know if anyone remembers that the time was 2:15 - 2:20 pm.

I propose that tomorrow everyone takes a minute to remember, light a candle or say a prayer according to their own beliefs at some point between 2:15- 2:20 pm tomorrow.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Waiting anxiously

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    I don't need to remind anyone that Anna disappeared on Jan. 16, 1973 but I don't know if anyone remembers that the time was 2:15 - 2:20 pm.

I propose that tomorrow everyone takes a minute to remember, light a candle or say a prayer according to their own beliefs at some point between 2:15- 2:20 pm tomorrow.
    That is so thoughtful! What a wonderful idea. I will take time out of studying tomorrow to do just that.
    Please help find Amanda Jones
    http://www.myspace.com/findingamandajones

"Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way."
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post

What a terrific idea. Will do......
    ~JMO~

Just Wanted To Let You Know That I Thought Of Anna And Her Family. Good Suggestion... I Cannot Wait To Hear Those Results. My Daughter Is Home Sick With An Ear Infection And I Am Bored Silly. She Is 5 Years Old And The Love Of My Life. So I Truely Feel For Annas Mom. Good Luck. I Only Go On Webslueths To Read This Forum Several Times A Day. But Do Not Post Much.

Quote Originally Posted by TIPPY1116 View Post
    Just Wanted To Let You Know That I Thought Of Anna And Her Family. Good Suggestion... I Cannot Wait To Hear Those Results. My Daughter Is Home Sick With An Ear Infection And I Am Bored Silly. She Is 5 Years Old And The Love Of My Life. So I Truely Feel For Annas Mom. Good Luck. I Only Go On Webslueths To Read This Forum Several Times A Day. But Do Not Post Much.
    Welcome to WS and glad you were moved to post!

I thought of Anna today, also of 'C', Anna's mom, Anna's bro, Joe, and Anna's Mom's bro. Years of uncertainity and now it is so close we can almost reach out and touch it. Waiting is so hard, you don't know whether to be glad or to guard yourself for the answer.
    My prayer was that something be known soon.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Dr Doogie- Happy Belated Anniversary!

GinaM- Thank you for sharing those links! That is exactly where I saw the monkey, right outside Silver Springs! It was so weird! It's a beautiful area up there! Are you from the area?

Welcome Annasmomsbro!

.....waiting for results

I sit here and think about the first e-mail I received from Robin on Myspace and wanted to share with you. Of coarse, it had to be "edited".

"I just want to let you know that my room mate and I looked at the age progression picture of Anna and both of us said "C" at the same time. I do not know if this is anything, but we are taking this picture in to show "C" at work, because it looks just like her. I will let you know if it turns out to be anything. The age progression picture looks like her, but I don't see her in the younger pictures. Also, the woman that we know is 40, a waitress with "?" children, a really nice person, but she has dark hair, like a very dark brown. I will let you know what "C" says after dinner with her tomorrow. I believe it is primarily the smile that made us both think of "C".

Will write soon, and thinking of you,
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by SherlockJr View Post
    I sit here and think about the first e-mail I received from Robin on Myspace and wanted to share with you. Of coarse, it had to be "edited".

"I just want to let you know that my room mate and I looked at the age progression picture of Anna and both of us said "C" at the same time. I do not know if this is anything, but we are taking this picture in to show "C" at work, because it looks just like her. I will let you know if it turns out to be anything. The age progression picture looks like her, but I don't see her in the younger pictures. Also, the woman that we know is 40, a waitress with "?" children, a really nice person, but she has dark hair, like a very dark brown. I will let you know what "C" says after dinner with her tomorrow. I believe it is primarily the smile that made us both think of "C".

Will write soon, and thinking of you,
    Robin
    I remember when you first emailed me about Robin and C on MySpace. It was exactly 6 months ago today.

Hello all,
    I have been reading Anna's story from the time it was posted here on WS.
    Although I have never posted here.
    All of the key players here have been an inspiration to me.
    Patience, Trust & Faith is what I have learned from this thread.
    God bless you all, My prayers are with you.

Gracelin

Weeding my garden in between checking in here... While,praying for the best news for you all, everytime I have to kneel for something!

While we are waiting.....C is doing GREAT!! Full of smiles and hugs today. I on the other hand am dealing with a nervous stomach and feel very jumpy. Thank goodness this is almost done!!!

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast