Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: While we are searching.. OT thread.

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Quote Originally Posted by Gina_M View Post
    Cubby, do you live in the Chicago area? I grew up there. I heard last night that the Cubs, Sox and Bulls all won their games
    I'm in the far west burbs. I didn't know the Sox won last night, but knew the Cubs and Bulls did.

where did you grow up?
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176

Humor while we wait. No offense guys.

Spring Classes for Men at

THE
    ADULT LEARNING CENTER

REGISTRATION MUST BE COMPLETED
    by Friday, May 4,

NOTE: DUE TO THE COMPLEXITY AND DIFFICULTY LEVEL
    OF THEIR CONTENTS, CLASS SIZES WILL BE LIMITED TO 8 PARTICIPANTS, MAXIMUM

Class 1
    How To Fill Up The Ice Cube Trays--Step by Step, with Slide Presentation.
    Meets 4 weeks, Monday and Wednesday for 2 hours beginning at 7:00 PM.

Class 2

The Toilet Paper Roll--Does It Change Itself?
    Round Table Discussion.
    Meets 2 weeks, Saturday 12:00 for 2 hours.

Class 3
    Is It Possible To Urinate Using The Technique Of Lifting The Seat and Avoiding The Floor, Walls, and Nearby Bathtub?--Group Practice.
    Meets 4 weeks, Saturday 10:00 PM for 2 hours.

Class 4

Fundamental Differences Between The Laundry Hamper and The Floor--Pictures and Explanatory Graphics.
    Meets Saturdays at 2:00 PM for 3 weeks.

Class 5
    Dinner Dishes--Can They Levitate and Fly Into The Kitchen Sink?
    Examples on Video.

Meets 4 weeks, Tuesday and Thursday for 2 hours beginning
    at 7:00 PM

Class 6
    Loss Of Identity--Losing The Remote To Your Significant Other.
    Help Line Support and Support Groups.

Meets 4 Weeks, Friday and Sunday 7:00 PM

Class 7
    Learning How To Find Things--Starting With Looking In The Right Places And Not Turning The House Upside Down While Screaming.
    Open Forum

Monday at 8:00 PM, 2 hours.

Class 8
    Health Watch--Sending Her Flowers Is Not Harmful To Your Health.
    Graphics and Audio Tapes.

Three nights; Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 7:00 PM for 2 hours.

Class 9
    Real Men Ask For Directions When Lost--Real Life Testimonials.
    Tuesdays at 6:00 PM Location to be determined.

Class 10
    Is It Genetically Impossible To Sit Quietly While She Parallel Parks?
    Driving Simulations.

4 weeks, Saturday's noon, 2 hours.

Class 11
    Learning to Live--Basic Differences Between Mother and Wife.
    Online Classes and role-playing

Tuesdays at 7:00 PM, location to be determined

Class 12
    How to be the Ideal Shopping Companion
    Relaxation Exercises, Meditation and Breathing Techniques.

Meets 4 weeks, Tuesday and Thursday for 2 hours, beginning at 7:00 PM.

Class 13
    How to Fight Cerebral Atrophy--Remembering Birthdays, Anniversaries, and Other Important Dates and Calling When You're Going To Be Late.
    Cerebral Shock Therapy Sessions and Full Lobotomies Offered.
    Three nights; Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 7:00 PM, for 2 hours.

Class 14

The Stove/Oven--What It Is and How It Is Used.
    Live Demonstration.

Tuesdays at 6:00 PM, location to be determined.

Upon completion of any of the above courses, diplomas will be issued

to the survivors.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

LOL Cubby! We miss you on the countdown thread!!!!
    I GoodSearch for American Cave Conservation Association. Raise money for your favorite charity or school just by searching the Internet with GoodSearch - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!
    http://www.goodsearch.com/?charityid=908162

Just heard from my sister. She, my nephew and father are driving to Phoenix. They are in Tulsa now. She thought she was hallucinating seeing all the armadillos on the side of the road.

I think we're all going to be thinking we're hallucinating when we finally see the dna results! (A good hallucinating, in that we finally see them.)
    ~JMO~

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Just heard from my sister. She, my nephew and father are driving to Phoenix. They are in Tulsa now. She thought she was hallucinating seeing all the armadillos on the side of the road.

I think we're all going to be thinking we're hallucinating when we finally see the dna results! (A good hallucinating, in that we finally see them.)
    What I love about the airports in Arizona and Texas are the "armadillo droppings" they sell. They're really a caramel/nut type candy but I love the name!

Cubby, I was LMAO at your "Spring Classes For Men" post. Hilarious, and so true!

I grew up in the near west burbs of Cicero and Berwyn. My family lived in LaGrange/Countryside area for a while, and now they live in the Oak Brook/Lombard area.

ROFL!!! Love it Cubby!
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Ick! Armadillo droppings candy! Every once in awhile we see alligators on the side of the road here in FL. When we first moved down here from Washington DC, my husband (being from New Hampshire) couldnt get over the fact he had to stop for an alligator to let it cross the road! Unfortunately, it is a common thing around here.
    One of the strangest thing I've ever seen from the side of the road was a wild Monkey climbing a tree! At first I thought I was hallucinating! Then someone told me that many many years ago they were filming the movie "Tarzan" (I believe) and the monkeys escaped, then multiplied and I guess are still around out in the wild!
    Last edited by GraceBlue; 04-29-2007 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow205 View Post
    Oh and I forgot to mention the time that I spend trying to keep Christine out of trouble. I think that is a lost cause.
    You tawkin' 'bout me?????

ETA: I have no idea what she's talking about, just for the record.

All I've seen around here for wildlife is the mosquito's, lol. There are alligators, but in the 4 years we have lived here I haven't seen one (except at the N.O. zoo).
    You won't cry for my absence, I know -
    You forgot me long ago. Am I that unimportant...?
    Am I so insignificant...? Isn't something missing?
    Isn't someone missing me?
    Evanescence
    Please take a moment to see Deanna's Age progression here:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Deanna Merryfield-missing from Killeen,Tx since July 1990
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=106164

Waiting For Dna Results

Dear WebSleuth friends, if you would use WAITING FOR DNA RESULTS in your subject lines in this thread, it would remind anyone happening to read it that we are...waiting...waiting. Thank you!
    Last edited by Annasmom; 04-29-2007 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Capitalization

While we are waiting for the dna results.

Quote Originally Posted by GraceBlue View Post
    Ick! Armadillo droppings candy! Every once in awhile we see alligators on the side of the road here in FL. When we first moved down here from Washington DC, my husband (being from New Hampshire) couldnt get over the fact he had to stop for an alligator to let it cross the road! Unfortunately, it is a common thing around here.
    One of the strangest thing I've ever seen from the side of the road was a wild Monkey climbing a tree! At first I thought I was hallucinating! Then someone told me that many many years ago they were filming the movie "Tarzan" (I believe) and the monkeys escaped, then multiplied and I guess are still around out in the wild!
    I vaguely recall that story, although I thought it was a circus and a train accident. Either the monkeys escaped as a result of the train accident or were released when the circus went out of business.
    ~JMO~

Waiting for DNA results

Quote Originally Posted by Gina_M View Post
    What I love about the airports in Arizona and Texas are the "armadillo droppings" they sell. They're really a caramel/nut type candy but I love the name!

Cubby, I was LMAO at your "Spring Classes For Men" post. Hilarious, and so true!

I grew up in the near west burbs of Cicero and Berwyn. My family lived in LaGrange/Countryside area for a while, and now they live in the Oak Brook/Lombard area.

I'm near the Lombard area. Years and years ago I had family in both Cicero and South Berwyn.
    ~JMO~

Doogie - Happy Belated Anniversary. I hope your dinner was great. What kind of music?
    Annasmom - Happy Sewing, a talent which I don't have...... nor do I have writing or music talent, both of which I admire.
    ~JMO~

Waiting, waiting, waiting.......

I don't need to remind anyone that Anna disappeared on Jan. 16, 1973 but I don't know if anyone remembers that the time was 2:15 - 2:20 pm.

I propose that tomorrow everyone takes a minute to remember, light a candle or say a prayer according to their own beliefs at some point between 2:15- 2:20 pm tomorrow.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Waiting anxiously

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    I don't need to remind anyone that Anna disappeared on Jan. 16, 1973 but I don't know if anyone remembers that the time was 2:15 - 2:20 pm.

I propose that tomorrow everyone takes a minute to remember, light a candle or say a prayer according to their own beliefs at some point between 2:15- 2:20 pm tomorrow.
    That is so thoughtful! What a wonderful idea. I will take time out of studying tomorrow to do just that.
    Please help find Amanda Jones
    http://www.myspace.com/findingamandajones

"Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way."
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post

What a terrific idea. Will do......
    ~JMO~

Doing today?

Gee, nothing more exciting than playing with a wonderful big band honoring such as Horace Heidt, Gordon Goodwin, Martha Tilton, Henry Mancini and others. Not common names? Google them. The Big Band Academy of America honors heroes of the big band era (which continues today, btw, unknown to many). Go Google and check it out, or email miltbernhart@email.com, if you like big band music (or not, if you want to see what's going on).

Swing dancing is back, and big bands are swinging!

Les

While we wait for the results...

Quote Originally Posted by GraceBlue View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I vaguely recall that story, although I thought it was a circus and a train accident. Either the monkeys escaped as a result of the train accident or were released when the circus went out of business.
    The Silver River's monkeys arrived in the late 1930s. S. Colonel Tooey, who operated the Jungle Cruise boat ride at the time, released monkeys from Southeast Asia on an island in the river to entice tourists to the area, according to a report in the Ocala Star-Banner. The monkeys swam the river and formed wild troops in the swamp forest.

http://www.ajc.com/travel/content/tr...201silver.html
    http://www.silversprings.com/heritage.html

The Tarzan movies were filmed in this area too, according to these links. But the monkeys were released by Colonel Tooey. It happened during the same rough time frame though, which would explain the Tarzan stories

Quote Originally Posted by annasmomsbro View Post
    Gee, nothing more exciting than playing with a wonderful big band honoring such as Horace Heidt, Gordon Goodwin, Martha Tilton, Henry Mancini and others. Not common names? Google them. The Big Band Academy of America honors heroes of the big band era (which continues today, btw, unknown to many). Go Google and check it out, or email miltbernhart@email.com, if you like big band music (or not, if you want to see what's going on).

Swing dancing is back, and big bands are swinging!

Les
    Welcome, annasmomsbro!

Dr Doogie- Happy Belated Anniversary!

GinaM- Thank you for sharing those links! That is exactly where I saw the monkey, right outside Silver Springs! It was so weird! It's a beautiful area up there! Are you from the area?

Welcome Annasmomsbro!

.....waiting for results

I sit here and think about the first e-mail I received from Robin on Myspace and wanted to share with you. Of coarse, it had to be "edited".

"I just want to let you know that my room mate and I looked at the age progression picture of Anna and both of us said "C" at the same time. I do not know if this is anything, but we are taking this picture in to show "C" at work, because it looks just like her. I will let you know if it turns out to be anything. The age progression picture looks like her, but I don't see her in the younger pictures. Also, the woman that we know is 40, a waitress with "?" children, a really nice person, but she has dark hair, like a very dark brown. I will let you know what "C" says after dinner with her tomorrow. I believe it is primarily the smile that made us both think of "C".

Will write soon, and thinking of you,
    Robin

Just Wanted To Let You Know That I Thought Of Anna And Her Family. Good Suggestion... I Cannot Wait To Hear Those Results. My Daughter Is Home Sick With An Ear Infection And I Am Bored Silly. She Is 5 Years Old And The Love Of My Life. So I Truely Feel For Annas Mom. Good Luck. I Only Go On Webslueths To Read This Forum Several Times A Day. But Do Not Post Much.

Welcome Annasmomsbro!
    ~JMO~

while we are waiting ...

today at work ( i work in retail for target) i was covering a brake in the fitting room there was a women with her child she had to be around 3-4 years old she had the same curly hair like anna and if you looked at her face she looked like anna in the pictures of her as a child. i got goosebumps i fee like its a sign that good news is comming

This forum has a life all of its own. In someways for me Anna has allready been found. I found her in the words of Annasmom, in the love for her that is so evident from her brother, uncle , stepfather, kindergarden teacher and friends who have visited this forum. Anna's soul is alive in well in those lives who's time she spent with was much to brief. I hope if C is Anna, she is able to alow the wounds of the past not to bleed into the blessings of today. Instead I pray she is able to use the strentgh of those blessings to alow those wounds to heal so she can move forward with all the love of those people who have honered, loved and cherished her soul all these many years. I think Anna's mom for alowing us to get to know Anna and if it turns out C is not Anna I hope it gives Annas family some comfort in knowing that Anna is touching the lives of many of us 30+ years after she dissapeared. I believe websleuths found a part of Anna a long time ago.

mjak

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast