Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Looking forward to a weekend with a hubby I haven't seen in two weeks, and the beautiful forest here is always nice on a sunny weekend. Gardening gardening gardening! The house prices in my northern CA county are at a median of $450,000...and I live in the woods! Like other SF bay area people, we have driven up prices beyond belief, I am lucky, I live on family property, no rent, no payments...trying to buy one myself!

Still holding my breath here, and wishing Annasmom, and C many blessings! Good to hear all of you have a 'normal' life when not addicted to WS like myself!

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    No comment on the house buying/hunting/costs.....I keep saying I'm going to move, upgrade.......oh I don't want to move!

I recently went back to work after taking a year off. We closed our antique store, just sold the property and are now house-hunting as well. We're in WV and we certainly don't have housing prices like some of you, but we are in a higher area for real estate than most of our immediate area. Summersville has a beautiful 2700 acre lake and the area attracts alot of people for second homes and retirees (these are the markets that jack up prices). Christine, I'm kinda like you, we need to upgrade, but I don't wanna move either!!

I'm finally getting adjusted back to a 45 hour work week plus travel time - I feel like I've been robbed of all my leisure time. However, I still stop by here every evening to check on Anna and all my favorite cases.

LOL, think this sums it up?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
    Thumb twiddling is an activity that is done with the hands of an individual whereby the fingers are interlocked and the thumbs circle around a common focal point, usually in the middle of the distance between the two thumbs.
    While it is an expression of at least a moderate amount of manual dexterity, thumb twiddling is frequently used as an example of a useless, time-wasting activity. It is equated with other activities that are also considered useless by the speaker. Therefore it is most often used as a synonym for an activity that will take the attention of the performer, but will not yield any useful results.
    Thumb twiddling can be seen as an expression of which hand is dominant within the individual. The weaker handed thumb will "follow" the dominant handed thumb in the activity.
    You won't cry for my absence, I know -
    You forgot me long ago. Am I that unimportant...?
    Am I so insignificant...? Isn't something missing?
    Isn't someone missing me?
    Evanescence
    Please take a moment to see Deanna's Age progression here:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Deanna Merryfield-missing from Killeen,Tx since July 1990
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=106164

Devote some time to the other cases that I am involved in here at WS's. I have also been trying to update the myspace pages that I maintain for those cases. I currently am trying to keep up with 9 myspace profiles, that alone keeps me busy.
    I still manage to spend time with the family though and am enjoying my 2 grandbabies.
    Retired 08/03/03

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow205 View Post
    Devote some time to the other cases that I am involved in here at WS's. I have also been trying to update the myspace pages that I maintain for those cases. I currently am trying to keep up with 9 myspace profiles, that alone keeps me busy.
    I still manage to spend time with the family though and am enjoying my 2 grandbabies.
    Imagine that!

Today I ve been really busy gardening , cleaning and washing .My 2 year old is now asleep my teenage daughters are at sleepovers, and ive just checked the thread for hopeful news as we are all doing .

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    Imagine that!
    Oh and I forgot to mention the time that I spend trying to keep Christine out of trouble. I think that is a lost cause.
    Retired 08/03/03

Cubby is online now 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Doing more laundry. (does it ever end?) The little guy watched Batman. Last time I looked, the Cubs were winning 8 zip. I wish they'd save some of those runs.

Having pork chops for dinner..... going to our friends again. Will watch Spiderman 2 with the little guy for the umpteenth time. Looking forward to seeing Spiderman 3 Friday! We have our tix and going to the 2:30pm show. Then next Sunday we have Cub tickets! Can't wait to see them play the Nat's. My son will get to ride the "el" train in Chicago for the first time. Following Sunday is mothers day, and oh boy do I hope we have our "good news" by then......... Then the following Sunday is the lilac parade! Can't wait for that too.........
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Doing more laundry. (does it ever end?) The little guy watched Batman. Last time I looked, the Cubs were winning 8 zip. I wish they'd save some of those runs.

Having pork chops for dinner..... going to our friends again. Will watch Spiderman 2 with the little guy for the umpteenth time. Looking forward to seeing Spiderman 3 Friday! We have our tix and going to the 2:30pm show. Then next Sunday we have Cub tickets! Can't wait to see them play the Nat's. My son will get to ride the "el" train in Chicago for the first time. Following Sunday is mothers day, and oh boy do I hope we have our "good news" by then......... Then the following Sunday is the lilac parade! Can't wait for that too.........
    Cubby, do you live in the Chicago area? I grew up there. I heard last night that the Cubs, Sox and Bulls all won their games

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow205 View Post
    Shadow, I think we are tied for number of MySpace profiles. I told myself I wouldn't create any more new ones, but I just can't help myself when I see a case that needs a profile!

Cubby is online now 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Quote Originally Posted by Gina_M View Post
    Cubby, do you live in the Chicago area? I grew up there. I heard last night that the Cubs, Sox and Bulls all won their games
    I'm in the far west burbs. I didn't know the Sox won last night, but knew the Cubs and Bulls did.

where did you grow up?
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Humor while we wait. No offense guys.

Spring Classes for Men at

THE
    ADULT LEARNING CENTER

REGISTRATION MUST BE COMPLETED
    by Friday, May 4,

NOTE: DUE TO THE COMPLEXITY AND DIFFICULTY LEVEL
    OF THEIR CONTENTS, CLASS SIZES WILL BE LIMITED TO 8 PARTICIPANTS, MAXIMUM

Class 1
    How To Fill Up The Ice Cube Trays--Step by Step, with Slide Presentation.
    Meets 4 weeks, Monday and Wednesday for 2 hours beginning at 7:00 PM.

Class 2

The Toilet Paper Roll--Does It Change Itself?
    Round Table Discussion.
    Meets 2 weeks, Saturday 12:00 for 2 hours.

Class 3
    Is It Possible To Urinate Using The Technique Of Lifting The Seat and Avoiding The Floor, Walls, and Nearby Bathtub?--Group Practice.
    Meets 4 weeks, Saturday 10:00 PM for 2 hours.

Class 4

Fundamental Differences Between The Laundry Hamper and The Floor--Pictures and Explanatory Graphics.
    Meets Saturdays at 2:00 PM for 3 weeks.

Class 5
    Dinner Dishes--Can They Levitate and Fly Into The Kitchen Sink?
    Examples on Video.

Meets 4 weeks, Tuesday and Thursday for 2 hours beginning
    at 7:00 PM

Class 6
    Loss Of Identity--Losing The Remote To Your Significant Other.
    Help Line Support and Support Groups.

Meets 4 Weeks, Friday and Sunday 7:00 PM

Class 7
    Learning How To Find Things--Starting With Looking In The Right Places And Not Turning The House Upside Down While Screaming.
    Open Forum

Monday at 8:00 PM, 2 hours.

Class 8
    Health Watch--Sending Her Flowers Is Not Harmful To Your Health.
    Graphics and Audio Tapes.

Three nights; Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 7:00 PM for 2 hours.

Class 9
    Real Men Ask For Directions When Lost--Real Life Testimonials.
    Tuesdays at 6:00 PM Location to be determined.

Class 10
    Is It Genetically Impossible To Sit Quietly While She Parallel Parks?
    Driving Simulations.

4 weeks, Saturday's noon, 2 hours.

Class 11
    Learning to Live--Basic Differences Between Mother and Wife.
    Online Classes and role-playing

Tuesdays at 7:00 PM, location to be determined

Class 12
    How to be the Ideal Shopping Companion
    Relaxation Exercises, Meditation and Breathing Techniques.

Meets 4 weeks, Tuesday and Thursday for 2 hours, beginning at 7:00 PM.

Class 13
    How to Fight Cerebral Atrophy--Remembering Birthdays, Anniversaries, and Other Important Dates and Calling When You're Going To Be Late.
    Cerebral Shock Therapy Sessions and Full Lobotomies Offered.
    Three nights; Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 7:00 PM, for 2 hours.

Class 14

The Stove/Oven--What It Is and How It Is Used.
    Live Demonstration.

Tuesdays at 6:00 PM, location to be determined.

Upon completion of any of the above courses, diplomas will be issued

to the survivors.
    ~JMO~

LOL Cubby! We miss you on the countdown thread!!!!
    I GoodSearch for American Cave Conservation Association. Raise money for your favorite charity or school just by searching the Internet with GoodSearch - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!
    http://www.goodsearch.com/?charityid=908162

Just heard from my sister. She, my nephew and father are driving to Phoenix. They are in Tulsa now. She thought she was hallucinating seeing all the armadillos on the side of the road.

I think we're all going to be thinking we're hallucinating when we finally see the dna results! (A good hallucinating, in that we finally see them.)
    ~JMO~

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Just heard from my sister. She, my nephew and father are driving to Phoenix. They are in Tulsa now. She thought she was hallucinating seeing all the armadillos on the side of the road.

I think we're all going to be thinking we're hallucinating when we finally see the dna results! (A good hallucinating, in that we finally see them.)
    What I love about the airports in Arizona and Texas are the "armadillo droppings" they sell. They're really a caramel/nut type candy but I love the name!

Cubby, I was LMAO at your "Spring Classes For Men" post. Hilarious, and so true!

I grew up in the near west burbs of Cicero and Berwyn. My family lived in LaGrange/Countryside area for a while, and now they live in the Oak Brook/Lombard area.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast