Richard

Reaction score
Debora Sue Lowe
Missing since February 29, 1972 from Pompano Beach, Broward County, Florida
Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: September 19, 1958
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 125 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown long, straight hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: A small scar on her left leg
Clothing: A yellow blouse, black pants with vertical rose stripes and a tan poncho.
Dentals: A chipped front tooth; Crowded upper teeth.
AKA: Debbie

Circumstances of Disappearance
Lowe was last seen walking to Rickards Middle School in Pompano Beach, FL. Her parents called the police when she failed to come home from school.

The family was new to South Florida. They had just moved down from West Virginia. Gerard Schaefer, one of South Florida's most brutal serial killers has been named as a suspect. Schaefer, a one-time Martin County police deputy, had been linked to the deaths of 20 or more girls and young women between 1969 and 1972, including at least two other girls from Pompano Beach. His victims ranged in age from 9 to 25.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Broward County Sheriff's Office 954-493-8477 Or

Pompano Beach Police Department 954-786-4200

Agency Case Number: 72-203684
NCIC Number: M-653207855
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Florida Department of Law Enforcement
Florida Missing Children Information Clearinghouse
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
The Miami Herald
The Doe Network: Case File 1673DFFL

Link:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1673dffl.html

Here is a link to the latest article on my sister. You can also view the TV news report done by channel 4 in Florida.
We have begged and pleaded with police to allow us to view the articles found in Gerard Scheafers home, however to date all our requests have fallen on deaf ears. All we have seen are the few black and white photos of the evidence that had been published.
We have never given up....we have never lost hope of at least locating her remains. Twice we have submitted DNA samples....and twice they have been misplaced or misfiled. Florida police "blow off" our requests that they actively attempt to match her to any of the many unidentified remains that are buried in Jane Doe graves.
My sisters file at the Pompano Beach police department consists of a total of 4 pages. To them she is simply a hick poor little country girl who moved to the big city and "ran away". There has never been any evidence produced to indicate she would have left home on her own.
To them she is "nothing" not worth the time or effort.To us...she is our sister....forever loved and never forgotten. We have not stopped, we have not slowed down, and we will never quit...giving up is not an option, she is a part of all of us, and we need to bring her home. I am also including a link from Yvonne Masons book Silent Scream, which is dedicated to the un-named victims of Gerard Schaefer. She did a page on each of them...and this link goes to my sisters page.
Thank You for taking the time to care. All to often all we hear is..she has been gone for almost 40 years...get over it....we will NEVER..accept that as any type of answer.

http://avoiceforthevictims.wordpres...e-chapter-on-debra-lowe-missing-since-781972/

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2011/09/19/missing-child-haunts-family-nearly-40-years-later/

Debora Sue Lowe Missing, 13, since February 29, 1972 from Pompano Beach, FL

Debora Sue Lowe
Missing since February 29, 1972 from Pompano Beach, Broward County, Florida
Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: September 19, 1958
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 125 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown long, straight hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: A small scar on her left leg
Clothing: A yellow blouse, black pants with vertical rose stripes and a tan poncho.
AKA: Debbie
Dentals: A chipped front tooth; Crowded upper teeth.
DNA: Available in CODIS

Circumstances of Disappearance
Lowe was last seen walking to Rickards Middle School in Pompano Beach, FL. Her parents called the police when she failed to come home from school.

The family was new to South Florida. They had just moved down from West Virginia.

Gerald Schaefer, one of South Florida's most brutal serial killers has been named as a suspect. Schaefer, a onetime Martin County police deputy, had been linked to the deaths of 20 or more girls and young women between 1969 and 1972, including at least two other girls from Pompano Beach. His victims ranged in age from 9 to 25.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Broward County Sheriff's Office
954-493-8477

--
Pompano Beach Police Department
954-786-4200

Agency Case Number: 72-203684

NCMEC #: NCMC1009377

NCIC Number: M-653207855

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

Florida Department of Law Enforcement
Florida Missing Children Information Clearinghouse
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
The Miami Herald
Broward County Sheriff's Office
Doe Network

Sometimes I get so frustrated over the incomplete records and the lack of missing person reports on children during this era. Everytime I look at the new age progressed pic they did of my sister I cringe. They had a great one done......where Deb looked a little like we all do......that thing they have up there now looks nothing like her and always make me want to be sick.........wonder how many other families feel that same way.
I hope somebody submitted the girls listed above. Until I hear a reason I am not giving much weight to the Hispanic factor. Strawberry blonde hair in people who are Hispanic is just to rare.....so I think it is important to get them running comparisons ASAP to get her DNA in the system. I also hate it when they hold DNA.....how is that helpful in anyway to anybody. I know everybody is overworked but there are families out there who hurt everyday, who have a hole in them where the pain never stops.....who just want to see their loved one laid to rest in peace, surrounding by loved ones, and safe......especially since we live with the knowledge that death probably came to them in horrible ways. Sorry, end of rant.........for now.......

I saw your comment in the UID forum and decided to try my hand at an age progression (to age 55) for your sister.

How's this?

attachment.php
lowe_debora3.jpg

Attachments

• 70aa3ad3-8c32-47dd-b01c-52bfa2d741af.jpg
    70aa3ad3-8c32-47dd-b01c-52bfa2d741af.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 770
:eek:fftopic:

I saw your comment and decided to try my hand at an age progression (to age 55) for your sister.

You photo and your kindness both made me cry. That would look much more like her than that monster looking thing they posted when they redid her age enhanced photo. If I may ask a favor of you (yes I know I am being greedy) Could you please make her eyes bigger and rounder like in the small pic of her by my signature? I know it is blurry and harder to see but we just recovered it when someone who attended school with her that last few months before she vanished sent it to me out of the yearbook. (We all have bigger rounder eyes) I do not remember why hers looked so small and slanted in the photo you used which was actually taken 2 yrs prior. Could you also make her face longer and slimmer, also like the bottom photo. It is another trait we all have. I would very much like your permission also to add your drawing the the group of photos many sites have of her. I so hate that horrible looking thing they have up there....
THANK YOU!!!!! What you did is so very appreciated!!!!!!

You photo and your kindness both made me cry. That would look much more like her than that monster looking thing they posted when they redid her age enhanced photo. If I may ask a favor of you (yes I know I am being greedy) Could you please make her eyes bigger and rounder like in the small pic of her by my signature? I know it is blurry and harder to see but we just recovered it when someone who attended school with her that last few months before she vanished sent it to me out of the yearbook. (We all have bigger rounder eyes) I do not remember why hers looked so small and slanted in the photo you used which was actually taken 2 yrs prior. Could you also make her face longer and slimmer, also like the bottom photo. It is another trait we all have. I would very much like your permission also to add your drawing the the group of photos many sites have of her. I so hate that horrible looking thing they have up there....
THANK YOU!!!!! What you did is so very appreciated!!!!!!

I can't get a clear view of her eyes from that photo. But I was able to get this from one of her other photos on Charley Project.

attachment.php
lowe_debora2.jpg

If this isn't right, and you want her to have eyes like other members of your family, send me a photo and I will try to incorporate them into this recon.

Attachments

• ae0130ce-42ae-4f72-8933-b5dd7c0094b4.jpg
    ae0130ce-42ae-4f72-8933-b5dd7c0094b4.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 762
CarlK90245......There simply are no words to truly tell you how your drawing touched me. Thank You seems like so little after all you have done. Thank You always seem so little.....but it is often all we have.
Yes, we are all still searching. Using every avenue we can find, including some who wish we'd quietly fade away. We want to bring her home and place her to finally rest in peace beside our parents. We won't give up, give in, or be shut up, shut down.
Some monster stole her from us when she was just a child. We may never get him, but someday he will stand in judgement......he does not deserve the satisfaction of getting to keep her........
So we search on.......she's out there......

After seeing a few photos that Still_Seek sent me of herself and her other siblings, I revised the image again. My previous images assumed that Debra's face would have filled out with age. The sisters have very long thin faces, as Still_Seek indicated above.

Here is the revision to reflect the likelihood that she would have grown up to have the same long thin facial shape as the sisters had.

3ca2297d-c7a7-468b-b1d9-91598febd680.jpg

Thank You again for doing this image. I feel you have captured her likeness very well, and that if she had survived this is very similar to how she'd look. You have captured the essence of her so well that when I look at your image, I see the laughing sister I knew. The smile.....which has always been very important to us.....always seems to get omitted from the age progressed shots. I'm sorry if I was a pain over the face shape.....but it is a common trait among us all and was apparent in the pics of Debbie that the police department "misplaced". What a cool phrase.....looks so much better than....could not take the time to properly save or secure any evidence related to her disappearance. Yes, I am very angry over the way missing children were handled then. I am angry that nobody connected the girls and thought do we have a serial killer out there? I am angry over everything that was lost......for now it can not be replaced. I am angry over all the sexual predators/serial killers that walked free because they were less heard of then. Mostly.....I am angry that somebody took her from us....and that she is still out there somewhere, not knowing our love and support is with her everyday.

I keep looking at the clay reconstruction of this person......I know the details as listed makes one say no, it is not possible.......but I see her pronounced cheekbones......the long slender lower part of her face.....
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/67uffl.html

I know the lady who kept her purse for a week said this girl was from Ann Arbor......but I am not giving that allot of merit.......I mean who checks a person purse and then can't recall anything about that person, except a city.....plus there is nothing to back that up.
On Namus it states the face was recognizable, yet there are no morgue photos anywhere......only a clay reconstruction.......
The eyebrows look wrong......

Thoughts anybody?

I keep looking at the clay reconstruction of this person......I know the details as listed makes one say no, it is not possible.......but I see her pronounced cheekbones......the long slender lower part of her face.....
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/67uffl.html

I know the lady who kept her purse for a week said this girl was from Ann Arbor......but I am not giving that allot of merit.......I mean who checks a person purse and then can't recall anything about that person, except a city.....plus there is nothing to back that up.
On Namus it states the face was recognizable, yet there are no morgue photos anywhere......only a clay reconstruction.......
The eyebrows look wrong......

Thoughts anybody?
I assume she is not a match due to there being DNA.

NamUs UP # 1341 DNA Complete and entered below

Here is a link to the latest article on my sister. You can also view the TV news report done by channel 4 in Florida.
We have begged and pleaded with police to allow us to view the articles found in Gerard Scheafers home, however to date all our requests have fallen on deaf ears. All we have seen are the few black and white photos of the evidence that had been published.
We have never given up....we have never lost hope of at least locating her remains. Twice we have submitted DNA samples....and twice they have been misplaced or misfiled. Florida police "blow off" our requests that they actively attempt to match her to any of the many unidentified remains that are buried in Jane Doe graves.
My sisters file at the Pompano Beach police department consists of a total of 4 pages. To them she is simply a hick poor little country girl who moved to the big city and "ran away". There has never been any evidence produced to indicate she would have left home on her own.
To them she is "nothing" not worth the time or effort.To us...she is our sister....forever loved and never forgotten. We have not stopped, we have not slowed down, and we will never quit...giving up is not an option, she is a part of all of us, and we need to bring her home. I am also including a link from Yvonne Masons book Silent Scream, which is dedicated to the un-named victims of Gerard Schaefer. She did a page on each of them...and this link goes to my sisters page.
Thank You for taking the time to care. All to often all we hear is..she has been gone for almost 40 years...get over it....we will NEVER..accept that as any type of answer.

http://avoiceforthevictims.wordpres...e-chapter-on-debra-lowe-missing-since-781972/

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2011/09/19/missing-child-haunts-family-nearly-40-years-later/

This is devastating! So sorry for the pain you have gone through! One thing I noticed though is that in the Voice For the Victims website, the date of Debra's disappearance in the bi-line is wrong. It says that she went missing on 7/8/72? But the story gives the correct February 29th date.

Satch

I assume she is not a match due to there being DNA.

NamUs UP # 1341 DNA Complete and entered below

There was a time I ad that outlook also.......I just assumed they ran every DNA profile through all the profiles they have on file. I was told that is incorrect. Plus under Debbie's profile it says......samples submitted, testing complete......it does not say it is entered. Doe Network says my sisters DNA is in Codis......Namus does not have it listed as such.

This is devastating! So sorry for the pain you have gone through! One thing I noticed though is that in the Voice For the Victims website, the date of Debra's disappearance in the bi-line is wrong. It says that she went missing on 7/8/72? But the story gives the correct February 29th date.

Satch

Yes Satch, I noticed that the one. My sister's disappearance date was 2/29/72. I have no idea where they come up with the July date. But Thank you for noticing it!!

Yes Satch, I noticed that the one. My sister's disappearance date was 2/29/72. I have no idea where they come up with the July date. But Thank you for noticing it!!

I left a comment that the date of Deb's disappearance as well as the spelling of her name in the bi-line is incorrect. I assume comments are moderated because it did not post.

SSA posted to the other thread; wanted to bring her post here too...

Today is such an emotional day. It is not something I can even put into words. Those of you who have grown use to my flair for words may find that surprising.....but sadly today I have few words to say.

To you my dear sweet sister.......another year, this marks another year since that brutal sadistic murderous *advertiser censored* is burning in hell. That thought brings with it no comfort, only tears......nothing can change the fact that he stole you away from us....a sweet, beautiful, innocent child.....walking to school....who so did not deserve to meet a monster........I try to take comfort in the knowledge that you are with Mom and Dad....safely wrapped in their arms, protected, and nobody can ever hurt you again......I miss you so much, I just want to bring you home

I'm so sorry. I don't know how you managed to come here today to post. Sending you strength & hugs to get through today. I do not doubt that you will find Debbie. You will bring her home. <3

picture.php

Gerard Schaefer died December 3,1995. He was the lead suspect in the disappearance of my sister Deborah Sue Lowe. December 3 was also my mothers birthday. Sadly, his death, shut the door to us ever getting any of the answers from him that we keep seeking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back