1127 users online (232 members and 895 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

OH - Ada Wasson, 80, & Mary Ellen Walters, 68, Otterbein, 19 April 2007

Ada Wasson, 80, and Mary Ellen Walters, 68, left April 19 in Mrs. Wasson’s silver 2000 Chevrolet Impala with Ohio license plate DG 30 LC. Neighbors remember the two talking about planning some outlet shopping in Columbus or Carrollton. Neither woman has a cell phone and Wasson easily becomes confused.

I'm not sure but I'm assuming that 80 year old Ada Wasson was driving since they were in her car.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...WS01/304260048

I've been following this for a couple of days and was just sure that they would turn up but they haven't so I'm creating a thread. Hopefully they are just lost and will be found soon. If they are lost and confused then every day they could be moving further away from home.

From the article "She said her sister survived a serious illness that put her in the hospital for most of February, and has shown signs of confusion since then. She lost her way trying to drive to Carrollton on Tuesday last week, then on Wednesday could not find her way to Mariemont, her sister said."

Why in the heck would they let her drive again if this was the case? I sure hope they find these ladies.
    I GoodSearch for American Cave Conservation Association. Raise money for your favorite charity or school just by searching the Internet with GoodSearch - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!
    http://www.goodsearch.com/?charityid=908162

agreed.. what the he!! is she doing DRIVING out there on the roads.. where she can be a danger not only to herself but to other innocent people!!? time for someone to take RESPONSIBILITY and step in and STOP this woman. she will be lucky if she and her friend are OK.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

OH - Rev. Mary Ellen Walters, 68, & Ada Wasson, 80, Lebanon, 19 April 2007

Central Ohio Methodists are being asked to mobilize in hopes of finding a retired minister and her friend who may have set out for Columbus on April 19.

The Rev. Mary Ellen Walters, 68, and Ada Wasson, 80, have been missing since they departed the Otterbein Retirement Living Community near Lebanon in southwestern Ohio.

An e-mail from the Ohio River Valley District of the Methodist church asked ministers yesterday to enlist members of their congregations who live and work along I-71 to help look for the women and their car.

The church is seeking volunteers to search side roads 5 to 10 miles east and west of I-71, said Cindi Dietrich, finance manager of the church district.

The women were thought to be traveling to a JC Penney outlet store, either in Columbus or Carrolton, Ky., authorities said.

The women were in a silver 2000 Chevrolet Impala with Ohio license plate DG30 LC.

The Warren County sheriff’s office has alerted police agencies in Ohio and Kentucky to be on the lookout for the women. There has been no activity on their credit cards.

"Nobody’s heard anything from them," Dietrich said. "We pray they are safe."

Anyone with information about the women is asked call the sheriff’s office at 513-925-2525.

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/disp...27/method.html

Of course, there is no picture with the article. I assume other denominations are encourage to participate in looking for the two women.
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 06-04-2011 at 04:41 PM.

Here's the latest news article.

Still no sign of these two ladies.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...WS01/304280019

This link contains pictures of the two.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...4250034/-1/all

so have they checked local waterways yet...?

I haven't heard any mention of waterway searches. I hope they will but there are so many possibilities.

It's an 85 mile drive from their retirement community in Lebanon Ohio down to the outlet mall in Carrollton Kentucky where they were reportedly seen on 4/20/07. The main body of water in this area is the Ohio river which they needed to cross to get from Ohio to Kentucky. The river is also very close to Carrollton and it runs somewhat parallel to the last 20 miles of any route they would have taken to get there.

I'm sure there are also lakes and ponds between Lebanon and Carrollton.

And then there is the possibility that they didn't go to Carrollton at all (which would mean that the reported sightings are wrong). They may have headed north toward Columbus instead.

I keep thinking that this is Ohio not Oregon! Why can't they find these women!? But now that you've mentioned bodies of water I realize that there are so many places where it would be hard to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsmom View Post
    I haven't heard any mention of waterway searches. I hope they will but there are so many possibilities.

It's an 85 mile drive from their retirement community in Lebanon Ohio down to the outlet mall in Carrollton Kentucky where they were reportedly seen on 4/20/07. The main body of water in this area is the Ohio river which they needed to cross to get from Ohio to Kentucky. The river is also very close to Carrollton and it runs somewhat parallel to the last 20 miles of any route they would have taken to get there.

I'm sure there are also lakes and ponds between Lebanon and Carrollton.

And then there is the possibility that they didn't go to Carrollton at all (which would mean that the reported sightings are wrong). They may have headed north toward Columbus instead.

I keep thinking that this is Ohio not Oregon! Why can't they find these women!? But now that you've mentioned bodies of water I realize that there are so many places where it would be hard to find them.

And, the possibilities become endless if they got off their route for whatever reason (maybe they are disoriented) and are nowhere near either destination at this point. Too bad the car is not On-Star equipped!!

MIssing women may have been spotted by outlet mall workers

On Saturday, Walters' brother and daughter were asked by authorities to review surveillance video from Vanity Fair, a store inside the Butler Outlet Mall which is located about one mile off of Interstate 71 in the city of Carrollton, Ky.

"We have some people working here at Vanity Fair who think maybe the women came in, but they're not for sure," said Carroll County Deputy Chief Jim Hamilton. "We haven't come up with anything yet. We've also checked all the hospitals, checked all of our roads and we've checked all the hotels. From what I've gathered, they had tried to do this trip a couple of weeks ago, but got lost and ended up going back home. Then they tried it again."

http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/con...issingweb.html

www.neighborsearch.info

Sunday April 29 11 AM - In discussions yesterday we learned that a resident of Otterbein had been invited to join Ada and Mary Ellen on Thursday and she remembered they had indicated that they were headed to Carrollton, Kentucky. Posters were placed at the mall there and three clerks from different stores independently remembered seeing or speaking with Ada and Mary Ellen on or about last Friday. Believing this information was credible the family focused their search efforts in the greater Carrollton area on Saturday. We have also attempted to contact every United Methodist Church in the area. A volunteer, David Cain, coordinated an air search of the I-71/US 42 corridor between Cincinnati and slightly past Carrollton, Ky. While soft soil on the airstrip has grounded the fixed wing aircraft on Saturday, they plan to start today at 1:00. A helicopter search was conducted yesterday of the area.

-------

Areas already searched

http://www.neighborsearch.info/areas...y_searched.htm

i am also wondering if they just went off a ditch somewhere in the dark (or on a curve) ina remote area.. if they got lost before they'd probably get lost again.. or hit a deer or something... they could be on the side of the road or down an embankment at this very moment. OK wait a minute... they went missing 4/19........??? that's 10 days ago..... so are they just getting started with a search NOW.....?? geez.. not much hope.

It looks like they were driving Mrs. Waters car as that is the car shown in the picture. She is the younger of the two. Did she have health problems?

I wonder why in the world they would drive 85 miles to go to a mall? That is a long way to drive to go shopping unless they were planning to stay overnight somewhere. They are pretty old to make a round trip in one day.

I hope they just got lost and no one has hurt them or that they didn't take a wrong turn and end up in some water somewhere. I wonder why they didn't have someone drive them or just shop closer to home?

I would say it would have taken them a good hour 1/2 drive to get there. They probably planned to stop for breakfast or lunch? then go to the mall and come back and maybe stop for dinner. Would have been a long day for them but not so out of the ordinary.
    I GoodSearch for American Cave Conservation Association. Raise money for your favorite charity or school just by searching the Internet with GoodSearch - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!
    http://www.goodsearch.com/?charityid=908162

I wonder if they have checked the status of their credit cards or banking info. To see if it has been used... by them or someone else, when the last time it was used, where the last place that they had made a purchase.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast