Groom too drunk to wed, so brother steps in, takes bride

That's one way to get out of an arranged marriage.

Can you imagine waking up after that? Finding out that, not only did you NOT get married, but your bride married someone else? That had to take a few minutes to sink in...

OMG that's too funny! Oh shoot I needed a laugh like that. And now the 'ditched' groom is crying because he's afraid word will get out... *stares at Turbosleuthing* LOL! In a way I feel so sorry for the guy, but I still can't help laughing my behind off.... :D

Maybe bride and groom's brother were secretly in love and knew they could never marry as long as older brother was available.

:doh:

DH...saying, "Why didn't I think of that?"

JK ;)

Poor bride. i suppose she didn't have a say in either groom she had to marry? :(

she really was a chattel. let's face it, her father had already paid for the wedding and he was damned if he was going to waste the money. :(

Poor bride. i suppose she didn't have a say in either groom she had to marry? :(

she really was a chattel. let's face it, her father had already paid for the wedding and he was damned if he was going to waste the money. :(

I have a dear online friend who is in India. He recently married, but for many years we have talked about who he would marry and how he would find his bride. It's perfectly acceptable over there and I'm sure the bride was fine with everything and breathed a sigh of relief that she didn't marry the drunk one!

I wonder why the older brother wasn't the first one to get married in the first place. I hope the couple is happy and makes the best of it all.

Tux rental...$100
Limo rental...$75
Honeymoon...$2000

Losing your fiancee to your brother because you were too drunk...priceless

Tux rental...$100
Limo rental...$75
Honeymoon...$2000

Hilarious! ROFLMAO, Gina!:laugh:

Lion

I should have been so lucky when I got married.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tux rental...$100
Limo rental...$75
Honeymoon...$2000

JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY:woohoo: :woohoo:

Not exactly, they are Hindi, the father picks who his daughter will marry, she has no choice and she probably did not mind at all. Perhaps the guy who got drunk did not want to marry her but his brother did. Rather than embarass his family by refusing, he allowed his brother who really did want to marry her, to do it without losing family face.

How bout that fairy tale! LOL

Both of my children are adopted from India. There are many things in the Hindi religion and that is socially acceptable in India that luckily does not go on here in the US. Some daughters have no problem at all with this, it is just the way it is. I am adding that it does happen here in the US - we probably don't hear about the fact the daughter did not have the choice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back