A New Way To Get High...Snorting Pet Food!

White Rain

Reaction score
Well, I have never heard of this, but I think I'll pass anyway.:loser:

http://www.netscape.com/viewstory/2...air.com/content.php?id=43200704020&frame=true

WASHINGTON (CAP) - The tainted pet food scare that has resulted in the recall of some 5500 pet food-related products took an unexpected turn yesterday when officials at the FDA warned of a possible increased danger from "puffing."
"In many instances the food used by so-called 'puffers' could be old because it's been hoarded, or stolen from poor pets, or found in a dumpster, which is where you would expect to find a lot of these tainted brands," said the FDA's Dr. Stephen Henry. "We would urge teens not, I repeat not, to puff these products, as it takes an already dangerous activity and makes it even more so."
Puffing, or pet food huffing, has increased in popularity over the past few years as more expensive inhalants such as airplane glue and nail polish remover have seen their prices skyrocket in the Bush economy. Pet food, particularly dog food, is cheap and relatively easy to crush and cook to an ashy state. It's this cooking that chemically altars some of the additives used to cure meat byproducts that are added to pet food. The cooking process is also responsible for magnifying the negative effects from the melamine tainting that led to the recall in the first place.
"At this point in time we have no clear indication that any puffer has been hurt by inhaling contaminated pet food, but we really think it's only a matter of time," Dr. Henry warned. "With the price of gas expected to rise, that's one more inhalant that won't be available to high-hungry teens. They'll be forced to turn to cooking Kibble, and the results could be catastrophic."
For their part, puffing teens don't seem too concerned by the FDA's warning. CAP News talked to a group gathered behind a Baltimore feed store, where they meet every day to beg patrons for scraps of Purina, Pedigree and PetGuard.
"The man just wants to kill our buzz," said a disheveled girl who asked to be called Fifi. "I think this whole pet food recall is a CIA plot, you know?"
(more at link)

Do you think this story belongs with my sheep poodle thread?:waitasec:

Did yall see that part in the article where it said something about "lets go get *advertiser censored*-zu faced?"
I have to admit I thought that was kinda funny!

I think Ill stick to the aeroplane glue.

Oh and I also wondered WHO on earth would come up with the idea to burn pet food then huff the ashes?

Somebody with too much time on their hands:)

It reads like "the Onion". (a satire/parody fake news site) The huffer wants to be called FIFI? LOL!!!

Yeah proberly not true.....but we can still have a bit of fun with it:p

This may encourage teenagers to start smoking dog bone treats, and doing rawhide chews.

The only reason the article was publshed was to increase the lagging dog treat sales, so they let everyone in on the big "Secret."

Please tell me this isn't true?! I'm very gullible - I wouldn't put it past some teens looking to get high to try ANYTHING - but I really do hope this is satire and not real news. Nowadays, who knows?!

Im praying that its not true SieSie......but who knows what to believe nowadays.

I don't know anything about airplane glue, but I am willing to bet a bag of pet food costs ALOT more than nail polish remover!

Yes, I'm sorry my post seemed like I was criticizing the comments on the story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrigokurita
Back