784 users online (109 members and 675 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,516

    Kristen's Law - fluorescent green license plates for sex-offenders?

    http://www.vindy.com/content/local_r...5266628572.php

    Legislation named in memory of a Wooster-area [Ohio - JE] girl who was raped and murdered by a sex offender who lived in her neighborhood was officially introduced to a state Senate committee.
    Sen. Kevin Coughlin, a Republican from Cuyahoga Falls, presented Senate Bill 56, requiring green license plates on vehicles driven by sex offenders, to the Judiciary and Criminal Justice Committee. He introduced it on the Senate floor last week.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,516
    Well? Should it become a law? What does everyone think?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    406
    Depends...

    I would rather see laws that keep sex offenders put away for life.

    Yes, these laws will help identify SOs, but will it only be violent sex offenders? Or 19 yr old guys who consensually sleep with an almost 17 yr old girl?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    3,192
    it will be of very little help cuz they will remove the tag or drive a friends car or walk when they plan to abduct a child. that said i think its a great law. fighting sex offenders is a hard job. every tool we add is one more step in protecting our children. the law can be used to reimprison those who violate it. if you remove the tag to make it easier to stalk kids we can jail u even if we dont catch you grabbing 1 up. when u see a neighbor with this tag you will watch your kids closer. when you see thousands of these tags driving around you become aware just how big this problem is.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,252
    I don't think it would work, I think it's just wishful thinking to believe a SO would actually get in a car and drive around with a neon green plate. More likely he'd steal plates or vehicles of non offenders or use public transit. May as well give them all a bright green T-shirt and ask them to wear it. SO should be put away FOREVER, period.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,252
    Quote Originally Posted by sherri79 View Post
    it will be of very little help cuz they will remove the tag or drive a friends car or walk when they plan to abduct a child. that said i think its a great law. fighting sex offenders is a hard job. every tool we add is one more step in protecting our children. the law can be used to reimprison those who violate it. if you remove the tag to make it easier to stalk kids we can jail u even if we dont catch you grabbing 1 up. when u see a neighbor with this tag you will watch your kids closer. when you see thousands of these tags driving around you become aware just how big this problem is.


    I like the way you think, I wasn't responding to you or meaning to be rude. I wish it would help but I just don't think it will.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,915
    Hi Jubie! I say give them a bright green tattoo on their forehead that says "PERVERT"!!!!!! Maybe then people will be able to identify them because they too many times fly under the radar. I am sick of it, we have a perv in our neighborhood and I almost flipped out because all the kids ride their bikes around here and I am thinking to myself "do their parents know"? DH and I want to post a sign somewhere.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    3,192
    I like the way you think, I wasn't responding to you or meaning to be rude. I wish it would help but I just don't think it will.
    i didnt think u tried to be rude at all hun. i think the most help it will be is in letting the public see how many are out there. its 1 thing to see a number on how many SO live near you. its another to see it in your face day after day as u drive home. maybe if people start to see just how bad it is we can finally get the life in prison.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,252
    Michelle, Hi sweetie!! I can't seem to tag on a smilie so big hugs to ya!

    Yeah a nice neon forehead tattoo would be great.

    Sherri, it may help it may not, I hope so. I believe in putting them behind bars forever, I don't believe theres a cure for being a pedo. (This does not include the teenagers a year or two apart fooling around.... er at least until my little girl is a tad older)


    Jubie

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,915
    Quote Originally Posted by jubie View Post
    Michelle, Hi sweetie!! I can't seem to tag on a smilie so big hugs to ya!

    Yeah a nice neon forehead tattoo would be great.

    Sherri, it may help it may not, I hope so. I believe in putting them behind bars forever, I don't believe theres a cure for being a pedo. (This does not include the teenagers a year or two apart fooling around.... er at least until my little girl is a tad older)


    Jubie
    I think that too jubie, I dont feel they recover. I think its so deep in them. I hate when I hear of any child that has been abused but these repeat offenders just make me flip. I think alot of time more then just the offender needs to be punished. Maybe the people who overlook them and let them out!!!!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    heaven bound
    Posts
    4,830
    Why can't we come up with more laws to keep them behind bars forever instead of making stupid crap like this...I hate to sound so harsh, I am honestly really glad to see anything being done, but this sounds like something that would be so easy to get around. I would think that if a pedophile was scoping kids out and planning a snatch in a populated area that they would mess with a regualr tag, maybe steal one, or just take it off and put up a "tag applied for" sign. So what good is a flourescent green license plate? I don't really see any sick pedophile stopping to scratch his chin and think to himself "hmmm...I've got a glowing green tag, too risky, my kidnapping days are over."
    We have seen many unbelievable lengths these pedophiles go to to grab a child...snatching them from stores, cars, restrooms, casinos, even with people standing around, can't remember the child's name but one dad was out in the yard when a school bus let out his child, and by the time the bus pulled away the kid was gone with dad standing right there...
    Now who really thinks a glowing tag would stop these monsters?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,026
    I've really spent a little time thinking about this and, while I honor its intent, I just think it won't work to any great affect. There are better laws we could be working on to protect our children from molesters - we should concentrate on those.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5,335
    These pedophiles and rapists cannot be reformed. I say put em away and forget about them. Most of the rapists don't have cars. They have either stolen them or they don't belong to them. I say stamp it on their heads and let the kids know it's a danger sign. These idiots shouldn't be allowed to breathe.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,569
    Quote Originally Posted by JanetElaine View Post
    http://www.vindy.com/content/local_r...5266628572.php

    Legislation named in memory of a Wooster-area [Ohio - JE] girl who was raped and murdered by a sex offender who lived in her neighborhood was officially introduced to a state Senate committee.
    Sen. Kevin Coughlin, a Republican from Cuyahoga Falls, presented Senate Bill 56, requiring green license plates on vehicles driven by sex offenders, to the Judiciary and Criminal Justice Committee. He introduced it on the Senate floor last week.
    ----------------

    I read this also. They are considering giving drivers who drink flourescent pink plates.I am all for this and hope it happens soon! Then, let me hear ONE do gooder say it is unfair~~let the perp babysit their child!!! People have had it with these creeps!
    P.S. I should have said drivers who've had a DUI.
    My Buffy. He lives in Heaven now
    with my loved ones..xoxox

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,569
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjonnob View Post
    Depends...

    I would rather see laws that keep sex offenders put away for life.

    Yes, these laws will help identify SOs, but will it only be violent sex offenders? Or 19 yr old guys who consensually sleep with an almost 17 yr old girl?
    ---------
    I would rather see laws that put them all away for life also. Until someone decides to pass that bill, I accept anything that might help.The thingys on the car that test for alcohol dont work either~with half a brain they know how to disconnect them.I am really for castration!
    My Buffy. He lives in Heaven now
    with my loved ones..xoxox

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 140
    Last Post: 08-29-2016, 11:18 PM
  2. Law Requires IDing Sex Offenders On Drivers License
    By SeriouslySearching in forum A CALL TO ACTION! Calif. DMH Illegally Releases 17,000 Sex Offenders
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-06-2009, 01:13 PM
  3. New Driver License for Sexual Offenders
    By GlitchWizard in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 05:48 PM
  4. License plate for W.Va. sex offenders proposed
    By Shadow205 in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 05:09 PM