1055 users online (211 members and 844 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

ME - Alexandria Winship-Wright, 3, Fort Fairfield, 25 April 2007

Prayers for this sweet little child.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,269418,00.html

another link:

http://www.bangordailynews.com/news/...277&zoneid=175

amber alert not issued! I don't understand!!

Readers comments on this at bottom of article:

http://bangordailynews.com/news/t/ar...257&zoneid=175

About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthia1021 View Post
    Prayers for this sweet little child.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,269418,00.html
    I had a hard time finding this story using Alexandria's name in the search feature here at WS so I'm going to copy and paste a paragraph from the article you posted:

(The mother of) Alexandria Winship-Wright reported that she went to use the bathroom and returned to discover sliding glass doors of her house open last Wednesday. Her family had moved to the home two days before Alexandria went missing. Police were notified of the toddler's disappearance shortly after noon.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

Case Type: Lost, Injured, Missing
    DOB: Mar 6, 2004
    Sex: Female
    Missing Date: Apr 25, 2007
    Race: White
    Age Now: 3
    Height: 3'0" (91 cm)
    Missing City: FORT FAIRFIELD
    Weight: 33 lbs (15 kg)
    Missing State : ME
    Hair Color: Blonde
    Missing Country: United States
    Eye Color: BlueCase Number: NCMC1069485

Circumstances: Alexandria was last seen at home on April 25, 2007 at 11:15 a.m. Her ears are pierced. Alexandria may go by the nickname Ali. She was last known to be wearing blue jeans and a long sleeved blue and pink flowered shirt.

Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Synthia1021 View Post
    another link:

http://www.bangordailynews.com/news/...277&zoneid=175

amber alert not issued! I don't understand!!

In the reader comments below this article "Dina of Deer Isle, Maine" claims to be the Great Aunt of Alexandria. Assuming she is who she claims and that she is telling the truth, DHS had visited the family several times including 1 1/2 hours before Allie went missing. It seems that something wasn't right there.

It is my understanding that the oldest girl's dad had gotten custody of her...now why would that be? It's really hard to take a child away from the mother in any state. Did the mother give the dad custody for some reason or did the dad fight her in court and get custody? If it was a court battle and he won custody why were the other two girls left in the home? Now little Ally is gone and the state has removed the baby from the home.

Little Ally is just a beautiful little girl. It's been to long for her to be gone and just be wondering around without someone finding her. Something is wrong with this story. I believe it was the day before Ally went missing she was found 500 yards from her home. That should have scared the mother to death to where she wouldn't let her out of her sight. I don't want this little girl to be dead. So many people would give anything to love her and raise her.
    I just pray that she is alright and someone took her that really wanted a little girl of their own.

Apparently it's easier than you think for a father to get custody. My sister's dad (we have diff. dads) managed to get custody of his other two kids from their mother. I don't know how he managed to do so, but those kids deserve to be with their mother, not their drunken piece of s#*t dad.

I thought it meant that the dad came and got his child AFTER Allie went missing. Maybe I read it wrong? I'll go back and check.

Mahatma Gandhi

DHHS takes sibling as search continues for missing toddler

At 2 a.m. Friday, four law enforcement officers and two Department of Health and Human Services workers arrived at 21-year-old Mandy Wright’s Main Street apartment, which looks out over the swollen Aroostook River. They came for her baby, 1-year-old Cassidy Paradis, Fort Fairfield police officers confirmed Friday.

There were tears and questions, but officers said that Wright and her boyfriend, Joshua Paradis — a Fort Fairfield resident in his mid-20s and Cassidy’s biological father, did not resist the workers as they bundled up the baby girl and drove her away.

Two days earlier, on the day Allie went missing, Wright’s 5-year-old daughter, Whitney, last name unknown, was handed over to her biological father after he was granted custody, police said. The father’s name was not available Friday...
    So maybe LE contacted her father to let him know what was occuring; maybe even told him that DHS may end up taking the kids so he got an emergency custody order?

Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Sable View Post
    Apparently it's easier than you think for a father to get custody. My sister's dad (we have diff. dads) managed to get custody of his other two kids from their mother. I don't know how he managed to do so, but those kids deserve to be with their mother, not their drunken piece of s#*t dad.
    Not here. My BIL and SIL got divorced b/c she was going out at night, sleeping with other men, stripping, doing drugs pretending to be pregnant and blackmailing the men she slept with, you name it. BIL tried twice to get custody of their two kids and failed both times. BIL is a wonderful, hardworking, upstanding man, but he could not get his children and soon after she left the state with them. Apparently here the mother has to be DEAD for the father to get custody!!

Prayers that they find Allie soon. These poor children.

I see the clothing she was wearing in the description, but the boots found in the river are not mentioned. Did the mother state that Ali had her boots on the last time she saw her? Any two year old IMO who is taking off as soon as mom isn't looking to explore her new neighborhood probably isn't stopping to put on her boots. Just wondered.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    (The mother of) Alexandria Winship-Wright reported that she went to use the bathroom and returned to discover sliding glass doors of her house open last Wednesday. Her family had moved to the home two days before Alexandria went missing. Police were notified of the toddler's disappearance shortly after noon.
    Okay, something fishy here. They move in and two days later DPS is knocking on their door? That is weird.

That IS weird. And Mom has a good point too about the boots. I wonder what the area is like - if the ground is rough or rocky near there, she may think to grab something for her feet but it strikes me as odd. I thought I read something somewhere about the boots that implied to me that the mom didn't see her in the boots. If I find it, I'll post it.

Mahatma Gandhi

Looking through the articles that were posted earlier, I noticed this detail that I hadn't noticed when I was skimming before:

Hunter, the Presque Isle Police Departmentís tracking bloodhound, caught Allieís scent almost immediately. It headed upstream along the ATV trail toward the Route 1A bridge. Almost underneath the structure, where they found her boot print on the trail, Hunter headed into the water twice.

DHHS takes sibling as search continues for missing toddler

Mahatma Gandhi

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast