719 users online (80 members and 639 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PA - Quiniece Lockett, 10, disabled, scalded to death, Harrisburg, 21 April 2007

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    How horrible! She suffered for a long time before she died and they did not seek medical care for her until it was too late.

Poor little mite

How very despicable to do this to a child. These people are animals and I hope they are made to due hard core prison time. These stories just break my heart. Why is always the question I ask? So sad.

Gozgals

OMG the things that go on behind closed doors.

How in GOD's NAME to people (and I use the term people lightly) look at themselves in the mirror every day knowing what they have done. I guess it goes to show some are born WITHOUT a conscience.

I hope they get what they deserve and more.

Poor little girl...
    Her "caregivers" need to be placed in hot baths themsevles...

How can people be so cruel... Iwill never understand it.

Man sentenced in scalding death of 10-year-old

By PETE SHELLEM, The Patriot-News
    July 24, 2008, 3:12PM
    A Harrisburg man convicted of murder for not seeking help for his handicapped daughter until she died eight days after being scalded in a bath was sentenced to 7 to 14 years in state prison Monday.

Judge Joseph H. Kleinfelter said he imposed the term on Shawn A. Lockett Sr. because he concluded he should not be penalized more than his companion who scalded 10-year-old Quiniece Lockett.

LeShawn Brown, 27, admitted putting the partially blind, handicapped girl in scalding water on April 21, 2007, and pleaded guilty to third-degree murder in May in return for the same sentence.

More at link:
    http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind..._scalding.html

Note: Irregardless of their supposed 7-14 years sentences, neither one of them is still incarcerated. They are not in the PA DOC system and they are not still at the Dauphin County Jail. Lovely.

Is this him

If this is the right guy, he is confined at SCI Michigan http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketS...erID=200659122 I did see an article that due to overcrowding some inmates have been transferred to SCI's in Michigan and Virginia, expected to return to PA in 2013, makes more sense now.
    Last edited by Snackcakes66; 05-05-2010 at 08:11 PM. Reason: more info

and the other

http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketS...erID=200659180 is at SCI Cambridge. Dockets are the same judge, 7 - 14 years each.

oh yes, your honor. wouldnt want to punush one baby killer more then the other.

how do these judges get appointed/elected?

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Thank you so much for doing this Belinda. You are doing a great service for us.

We can all remember reading an older story only to be frustrated because we didn't know what eventually happened.

I'm giving you a special mention at the top of the main forums page. Wish I could give you a lot more but for now, my heartfelt thanks,

Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Quote Originally Posted by Snackcakes66 View Post
    If this is the right guy, he is confined at SCI Michigan http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketS...erID=200659122 I did see an article that due to overcrowding some inmates have been transferred to SCI's in Michigan and Virginia, expected to return to PA in 2013, makes more sense now.
    Fabulous catch, Snackcake! I should have checked the dockets. My bad. :bananapowerslide:

Tricia -

Thanks so much. As you can see by this case, I am still learning, but am quite dedicated to the task. I believe that it is important to get the sentencing information out there, so we can all see when catching the criminal is not enough, because they walk away with a slap on the wrist. As I have mentioned before, I have created a large database with the information I have found. At some point, I will start sorting it by state, so we can see if there are any sentencing patterns emerging. Anyway, I'm just glad that I have found a way to help here.

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    Tricia -

Thanks so much. As you can see by this case, I am still learning, but am quite dedicated to the task. I believe that it is important to get the sentencing information out there, so we can all see when catching the criminal is not enough, because they walk away with a slap on the wrist. As I have mentioned before, I have created a large database with the information I have found. At some point, I will start sorting it by state, so we can see if there are any sentencing patterns emerging. Anyway, I'm just glad that I have found a way to help here.
    Wow! You go girl! That sounds like quite the undertaking. I for one am looking forward to seeing the results of the database. That's a great idea!

I just felt the Thanks button wasn't enough, you have been a very busy girl and I appreciate your efforts!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast