PA - Quiniece Lockett, 10, disabled, scalded to death, Harrisburg, 21 April 2007

How horrible! She suffered for a long time before she died and they did not seek medical care for her until it was too late.

How very despicable to do this to a child. These people are animals and I hope they are made to due hard core prison time. These stories just break my heart. Why is always the question I ask? So sad.

Gozgals

How in GOD's NAME to people (and I use the term people lightly) look at themselves in the mirror every day knowing what they have done. I guess it goes to show some are born WITHOUT a conscience.

I hope they get what they deserve and more.

Poor little girl...
Her "caregivers" need to be placed in hot baths themsevles...

How can people be so cruel... Iwill never understand it.

By PETE SHELLEM, The Patriot-News
July 24, 2008, 3:12PM
A Harrisburg man convicted of murder for not seeking help for his handicapped daughter until she died eight days after being scalded in a bath was sentenced to 7 to 14 years in state prison Monday.

Judge Joseph H. Kleinfelter said he imposed the term on Shawn A. Lockett Sr. because he concluded he should not be penalized more than his companion who scalded 10-year-old Quiniece Lockett.

LeShawn Brown, 27, admitted putting the partially blind, handicapped girl in scalding water on April 21, 2007, and pleaded guilty to third-degree murder in May in return for the same sentence.

More at link:
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2008/07/man_sentenced_in_scalding.html

Note: Irregardless of their supposed 7-14 years sentences, neither one of them is still incarcerated. They are not in the PA DOC system and they are not still at the Dauphin County Jail. Lovely.

oh yes, your honor. wouldnt want to punush one baby killer more then the other.

how do these judges get appointed/elected?

Thank you so much for doing this Belinda. You are doing a great service for us.

We can all remember reading an older story only to be frustrated because we didn't know what eventually happened.

I'm giving you a special mention at the top of the main forums page. Wish I could give you a lot more but for now, my heartfelt thanks,

Tricia

Tricia -

Thanks so much. As you can see by this case, I am still learning, but am quite dedicated to the task. I believe that it is important to get the sentencing information out there, so we can all see when catching the criminal is not enough, because they walk away with a slap on the wrist. As I have mentioned before, I have created a large database with the information I have found. At some point, I will start sorting it by state, so we can see if there are any sentencing patterns emerging. Anyway, I'm just glad that I have found a way to help here.

Tricia -

Thanks so much. As you can see by this case, I am still learning, but am quite dedicated to the task. I believe that it is important to get the sentencing information out there, so we can all see when catching the criminal is not enough, because they walk away with a slap on the wrist. As I have mentioned before, I have created a large database with the information I have found. At some point, I will start sorting it by state, so we can see if there are any sentencing patterns emerging. Anyway, I'm just glad that I have found a way to help here.
Wow! You go girl! That sounds like quite the undertaking. I for one am looking forward to seeing the results of the database. That's a great idea!

I just felt the Thanks button wasn't enough, you have been a very busy girl and I appreciate your efforts!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back