Tiny terrier saved kids from pit bulls

kahskye

Inactive
Reaction score
This little dog was a hero! Bless you George!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/05/02/hero.dog.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) -- A plucky Jack Russell terrier named George saved five children from two marauding pit bulls, but was so severely mauled in the fight that it had to be put down, its owner said Wednesday.
George was playing with the group of children as they returned home from buying sweets at a neighborhood shop in the small North Island town of Manaia last Sunday when the two pit bulls appeared and lunged toward them, Allan Gay said.
"George was brave -- he took them on and he's not even a foot high," Gay told The Associated Press. "He jumped in on them, he tried to keep them off.
"If it wasn't for George, those kids would have copped it."

What a little hero!!! I hope he is getting all the dog treats and toys that he wants in Heaven.

Rest in Peace George!! :blowkiss:

Pit Bulls need to be phased out and made illegal to breed or own in my opinion.

I have a JR terrier and she's the absolute love of my life. The heroism shown by George is so typical of this breed. They're fearless and that can be a very dangerous thing when fighting such large, aggressive dogs. My heart is broken that George couldn't be saved, but he died a hero for sure.

For precious, brave little George,

blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blow
kiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

I just read this story on FOX......and I'm still crying. I wonder how many people would have been that brave when faced with a viciousness such as these dogs possess. My wish for the people of our Earth is that we all realize how valuable our animals are and give them the respect they deserve. They are such loyal, precious souls. I gather form the article that George was well loved in this life and can only hope he is reaping his just rewards now. He died a hero. Thank George these kids are OK! Bless his little soul.

As for the PB's....well maybe if they weren't (possibly) drugged and were raised right, they wouldn't the feared and hated breed they are. I have to agree with the article that most of the time these dogs are owned by bad people doing bad things. I have a few friends who own them and have raised them with love. They are no different than my Golden. However....I still don't trust them around my children. It's a sad situation that these doggies are in.

Bless all of the animals. And RIP George.

My wish for the people of our Earth is that we all realize how valuable our animals are and give them the respect they deserve. They are such loyal, precious souls.

AMEN ... and thanks for pointing that out. :blowkiss:

I just read this story on FOX......and I'm still crying. I wonder how many people would have been that brave when faced with a viciousness such as these dogs possess. My wish for the people of our Earth is that we all realize how valuable our animals are and give them the respect they deserve. They are such loyal, precious souls. I gather form the article that George was well loved in this life and can only hope he is reaping his just rewards now. He died a hero. Thank George these kids are OK! Bless his little soul.

As for the PB's....well maybe if they weren't (possibly) drugged and were raised right, they wouldn't the feared and hated breed they are. I have to agree with the article that most of the time these dogs are owned by bad people doing bad things. I have a few friends who own them and have raised them with love. They are no different than my Golden. However....I still don't trust them around my children. It's a sad situation that these doggies are in.

Bless all of the animals. And RIP George.

Ditto Ember- well said.

RIP little George, I hope you are having fun at the Rainbow Bridge- you are a little legend.

And another pit bull story- for all the people who own one and think 'they are so loving blah blah', you'll think differently when it mauls your face off or kills your kids.

I read that story on AOL. How horrible. Poor little dog. I hope they put the pit bulls to sleep! I will never ever get a pit bull, I can honestly tell you like 60% (if not more) of the dog mauling stories I hear or read about on the news involve pit bulls.

<hope they put the pit bulls to sleep>

better yet.. those evil demonic creatures need to be shot on the spot.

:mad: what a hero he is ,I cant stop crying. I have reason to hate pitbulls ,my sweet miniture fox terrier loppy was torn up by one who jumped a 6 foot fence to get him . I lost him 10 years ago and some days it seems like yesterday .

I tried to avoid reading this story ....

These threads always encourage some supporter.
Pit Bulls are disgusting.... and all I can say is those that defend them have never seen one in action.
Yeah they (some) are cute and sweet... which lulls people into a false sense of security.

Nasty little beasts if you ask me.
If you searched here at WS there must be countless threads about pitbull attacks.
Why would anyone do anything but just put them to sleep?

Our city outlawed having pit bulls within city limits - there was of course some opposition at first but I was so happy - I don't care how they are raised, their first instinct is to attack and I doubt that is ever going to change.

Way to go George! The picture of him just makes me smile.

<<Nasty little beasts if you ask me.
If you searched here at WS there must be countless threads about pitbull attacks.
Why would anyone do anything but just put them to sleep?>>

because, once again....

1) they are drug-users/sellers, involved in crime and want a dog that is a 'bad-*advertiser censored*' like they are, who can defend & protect them.. also often involved in fighting the dogs, for profit, and because they have a small penis (or at least- a normal to large one, but the mentality of a 2-year old).

2) they are a bad-*advertiser censored* wanna-be.. they idolize thugs, and desperately want to be seen as one

3) they are rebellious and want to have a dog that will stir up controversy and negative reactions in people, because they like to feel like an outlaw, an outast, a victim or someone on the fringe of society.. so they can commiserate with their outlaw dog

4) then there are the decent, nice, educated people... some in dog rescue, some not... who genuinely like the breed (is it their looks? or what? because there are plenty of other breeds with a great, loyal personality who are often much more intelligent)... maybe they secretly like the fact that they have 'tamed' a big, scary, muscular, bad-*advertiser censored* looking dog, and made a pussycat out of him... and many of these are people are incessantly promoting the breed and trying to convince everyone of how great & harmless they are, how it's 'all how you raise them'.. and take photos of them sleeping with their babies, etc... in a effort to show they are just poor, picked-on little angels who are being 'discriminated' against (i love how they try to turn it into a 'racial' thing... LOL). while being in complete denial of the facts about their GENETICS...

but still.... every day, the facts speak for themselves... and you may have a cute, sweet, adorable pit bull... but you can not escape the facts, no matter what you do... or how much you deny it. that any dog has the potential to 'snap'.. but that THESE DOGS ARE KNOWN FOR DOING SO.. and when they do, they are FAR more vicious and physically capable doing far worse damage to other living things... and they fight to kill, and they kill FOR THE SPORT OF IT.
they have become so prevalent because the human race (as a whole) is so dumbed down and stupid now, that as soon as these dogs were declared a public health menace, their numbers exploded, because now everybody and their grandmother wants one... because the are dangerous and forbidden, and therefore,, "cool".
ans i've noticed most PB owners are usually the same type of people who couldn't care less about spaying & neutering... ((how often do you see a huge killer PB being walked around, usually on a CHAIN (not a leash!) with big ol' bawls hangin' down?? it seems to go with the territory)).. so they are the most likely to just have litter after litter and put up a cardboard sign on their mailbox or the back of their truck that says 'pit bull puppies for sale".. to make a little extra money, and to further expand the breed. meanwhile, thousands of PB's get euthanized every day all over the country (costing taxpayers how much money.....??) because there are so god damn many of them.... TOO many, and too many that are proven to be vicious and dangerous,,, too many who are torn up from fighting, too many who are unsocialized from being chained up all their lives, too many neglected and covered with mange... but these idiots just keep breeding them, even though they know nothing about genetics or proper dog breeding. so you have the dumbest people breeding the biggest and baddest dogs together.. and their genes keep getting worse and problem just increases.

megs-- may i ask what city you are in? i am trying to complie a list of cities that have outlawed them. the next time we move i want to be proactive and make sure we go to a place where we & our pets will be safe from them. anyone know where i can find such a list?? try to look up anti-pit bull legislation, and all that comes up is the groups who are trying to FIGHT anti-pit bull legislation. frustrating. are those who are anti-PB afraid to speak up for fear of death threats by the PB fans?? or just afraid of being accused of 'dog discrimination'...? i would love to live in a place that is outspoken about it and not afraid to declare they are banned.. and anyone who wants to whine about it and act like a poor persecuted victim with their 'MARTYR DOG' an go live somewhere else... with all the other pit bulls & their people.. (and maybe they'll all attack each other.. or all the people will spend their days trying to restrain them from all attacking each other.... wow, what fun!).

I just read this in our local paper and I feel the same way. I so wish that little guy had been able to be saved. I'm sure I would do it but just the thought of going against not one but two pit bulls and I'm certainly bigger than he was.

God has a special place in doggie heaven for George. I think they should make a little monument to George (maybe at the elementary school).

I have a friend that has a Jack Russell and a pit bull. He got the pit bull as a puppy after the Jack Russell was an adult and I hope and pray that will keep it from being aggressive towards her.

:mad: what a hero he is ,I cant stop crying. I have reason to hate pitbulls ,my sweet miniture fox terrier loppy was torn up by one who jumped a 6 foot fence to get him . I lost him 10 years ago and some days it seems like yesterday .

Oh aussiegran, I'm sorry for your loss.... :blowkiss:

I too agree that they need to be gotten rid of. This is just BS...all of these stories of maulings and deaths. Insane!

megs-- may i ask what city you are in? i am trying to complie a list of cities that have outlawed them. the next time we move i want to be proactive and make sure we go to a place where we & our pets will be safe from them. anyone know where i can find such a list?? try to look up anti-pit bull legislation, and all that comes up is the groups who are trying to FIGHT anti-pit bull legislation. frustrating. are those who are anti-PB afraid to speak up for fear of death threats by the PB fans?? or just afraid of being accused of 'dog discrimination'...? i would love to live in a place that is outspoken about it and not afraid to declare they are banned.. and anyone who wants to whine about it and act like a poor persecuted victim with their 'MARTYR DOG' an go live somewhere else... with all the other pit bulls & their people.. (and maybe they'll all attack each other.. or all the people will spend their days trying to restrain them from all attacking each other.... wow, what fun!).

I sent you a PM......I'm not sure that you want to move to Iowa, though... LOL:D

Pit Bulls need to be phased out and made illegal to breed or own in my opinion.

I agree. One of my friends has a stepson who has one....they claim he is "so sweet" and they allow him around their four tiny little terriers...I just know something terrible is going to happen one day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back