GUILTY AZ - Cynthia Tureman, 28, charged in death of newborn, Scottsdale, 27 April 2007

Jeez! I think I'd rather find out my spouse had an affair, than that my spouse had an affair and then murdered a baby. Tragic.

Apparently she was "attacked" while she was in Washington visiting her mother so she knew it couldn't be her husband's baby. Besides, he had a vasectomy 5 years ago and he has said they seldom slept together because he worked nights.

Nancy Grace Transcript has a lot of information. Here's the link:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0705/02/ng.01.html

I haven't read the transcript, just the original link, but hasn't this woman heard of adoption or the safe haven law? Was this the best she could come up with for a solution? Argggghhh!

We don't know if she had heard of the safe haven law. Only 11 have used it since it became a law in that state. They really need billboards all over the place so this does not happen.

Still, it's no excuse for murder.

We don't know if she had heard of the safe haven law
these laws are new but lets look at history. women have gotten pregnant with children they didn't want or couldn't keep since women started getting pregnant..... some of them killed the children, some had illegal abortions, some kept the child and dealt with the fall out, and some left the child where they thought it would be safe. pregnancy and child birth can be emotional and can cause women to need to make tough choices. it does not turn us evil or make us total morons.... she thought clear enough to hide the pregnancy, to hid the birth, to hide the body til she could get rid of it. she was clear minded enough to leave it in a spot where it could be found and saved. she is no different than any other mother who decided to kill her child because it got in the way of what she wanted. she is no better than susan smith who killed her babies because her boy friend didn't want kids and she wanted the boy friend. if Mose's mom could come up with a plan to save her child long before safe haven law then this kid could too. i know nobody on here said her lack of knowledge is a excuse but i have a feeling her lawyer just might.

all of the above is imo

I'd like her to prove she was attacked in Washington. It doesn't change what she did. She had so many other options than the one she chose (in my mind that WASN'T an option). I think she's still scheming. Trying to find a way out of what she did and her excuse for what she did by making up a lie about being attacked. How the trauma of her being attacked caused her to do something that she wouldn't normally do. That she was mentally incompetent at the time. Gimme a break. Someone should drown her.
JMO

I am sure her lawyer will use Post Traumatic Stress as a means to claim insanity (from the alleged attack).

Many, many rapes go unreported, but she had to know fairly early on she was pregnant, since she has other children. My guess is she had a drunken fling and ended up pregnant as a result. Has happened more than once.

IMO, being attacked (or not) in Washington has absolutely NOTHING to do with the decision to murder your newborn baby.. I dont care how she got pregnant, it does not matter. No excuse is a good enough excuse to kill your own baby. All I can think about is that poor baby girl and her three odler sibligns who have now lost their mother.
I hope this "mother" rots on prison.

I tell you, I just have a hard time understanding it when a woman gives birth and says she had no idea she was pregnant, but I hear it routinely and the woman in this case seems to be claiming it.

I'm not talking about early on in a pregnancy. I had a miscarriage once when I was younger and I had no idea I had been pregnant. It turned out, I had been 10-12 weeks along. I get something like that.

But I have carried two children to term and how do you not know you are 7,8,9 months pregnant? - especially if you have had other children, as the woman in this case had. Just doesn't make a stitch of sense to me.

I tell you, I just have a hard time understanding it when a woman gives birth and says she had no idea she was pregnant, but I hear it routinely and the woman in this case seems to be claiming it.

I'm not talking about early on in a pregnancy. I had a miscarriage once when I was younger and I had no idea I had been pregnant. It turned out, I had been 10-12 weeks along. I get something like that.

But I have carried two children to term and how do you not know you are 7,8,9 months pregnant? - especially if you have had other children, as the woman in this case had. Just doesn't make a stitch of sense to me.

Thank you!! I feel the same way. I'm 9 months now and I tell you there is NO way on this earth that I would not know I'm pregnant. With all the symptoms you get there is just no way. Especially with that pregnancy being her 4th.. This is my 3rd. She knew.

Now, yes, early in a pregnancy sure, I can understand that. My first pregnancy I was extremely sick but thought it was because I stood out if the freezing rain a few nights before and thought I was catching a bug of some sort. Hubby agreed with me. It took a co-worker to point out that I just could be preggo. I was so sick I had to go home from work but hubby stopped to get a test just in case. Heck, it popped up positive after the 1st minute. :D

you are correct.
first. i am sorry for the loss u suffered
during the first 12 weeks any mom can tell you its possible to not know. some women will know in a matter of days. their cycle works like a clock and if its off they know.

by 6 months... no way she didnt know.i was fat during while i carried my 3rd child. i still noticed the weight gain. i still noticed no period. i still noticed the heart burn. the morning sickness. the sore breast. the growing breasts. the need to pee every 30 mins. the shortness of breath once the uterus pressed my other organs into my ribs. oh wait maybe my biggest clue... the child moved. unless u can feel nothing from the shoulders down or u are in a coma i dont see how u can not know.

IMO, being attacked (or not) in Washington has absolutely NOTHING to do with the decision to murder your newborn baby...

This is what I was thinking.

Thank you!! I feel the same way. I'm 9 months now and I tell you there is NO way on this earth that I would not know I'm pregnant. With all the symptoms you get there is just no way. Especially with that pregnancy being her 4th.. This is my 3rd. She knew.

Now, yes, early in a pregnancy sure, I can understand that. My first pregnancy I was extremely sick but thought it was because I stood out if the freezing rain a few nights before and thought I was catching a bug of some sort. Hubby agreed with me. It took a co-worker to point out that I just could be preggo. I was so sick I had to go home from work but hubby stopped to get a test just in case. Heck, it popped up positive after the 1st minute. :D

Happy 9 months - prayers and best wishes for a safe birth! :blowkiss:

Yes - early in a first pregnancy I think lots of women are taken unawares!

you are correct.
during the first 12 weeks any mom can tell you its possible to not know. some women will know in a matter of days. their cycle works like a clock and if its off they know.

by 6 months... no way she didnt know.i was fat during while i carried my 3rd child. i still noticed the weight gain. i still noticed no period. i still noticed the heart burn. the morning sickness. the sore breast. the growing breasts. the need to pee every 30 mins. the shortness of breath once the uterus pressed my other organs into my ribs. oh wait maybe my biggest clue... the child moved. unless u can feel nothing from the shoulders down or u are in a coma i dont see how u can not know.

Thank you for your kind words. At that time in my life, it was certainly for the best, but - as you point out - it is always a loss.

you are correct.

:laugh: :laugh: Sorry but that was just too funny!

Happy 9 months - prayers and best wishes for a safe birth! :blowkiss:

Yes - early in a first pregnancy I think lots of women are taken unawares!

Thank you so much!! He'll be here 2 weeks from tomorrow. :blowkiss: back at ya!!

LOL! I know I was....

And I meant to say earlier too that I'm sorry for you loss. And yes, a loss is a loss no matter what or when. I'm sorry!

If she was legitametely raped she would have at least told her husband.

Something stink here, I think the dumb biatch had an affair, maybe a drunken fling and got prego.

What is soooo sad is that after the baby was born, the baby girl extended her arms out to her mother, and the mother then held her under water.

That made me cry, reading that part.

As a mother of a 2 year old, I have NO idea how a woman can kill her baby, or even not know she was pregnant (baloney) even if the baby was the result of an affair.

She needs to get her tubes tied, and her hubby needs to file for divorce. I hope she rots in prison. Her poor kids.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back