Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Website
www.jrbuilders.com
Sad to say that my first inclination is the estranged husband, but isn't everyone's these days?? I guess that's the easy answer, but who walks away from their two kids? Police aren't saying a whole lot just yet.

http://www.nbc5.com/family/13249013/detail.html?dl=headlineclick

PLAINFIELD, Ill. -- Plainfield police are searching for a 37-year-old mother of two who is missing.

Lisa Stebic, 37, walked out of her suburban home on Monday evening and hasn't been seen since.

Married for 14 years, Lisa and her husband, Craig, are now going through a divorce.
Her car remains in the garage, and her cell phone and credit cards haven't been used since Monday.

Craig Stebic said she would never just walk away from her kids.

"She's a good mom. I can't imagine her disappearing on her kids like that," he said.

A hot line has been set up for anyone with information. That number is 815-267-7217.

This sounds all too painfully familiar. Is there something in the drinking water these days? There seems to be an epidemic of this - "Here we go again".

She placed an ad to find someone in her city to walk with (link below)...note: females only AND she wanted to get her children involved in healthy activities. Doesn't sound like someone that would run off to me. :(

http://www.exercisefriends.com/view_profile.aspx?member_id=69274

As much as I already suspect the soon-to-be-divorced spouse, it's always possible she met up with a bad stranger. (Still betting on the spouse though.) :(

I wonder who the last person was to see her? Who were the kids with when she left home and where did she say she was going? Someone must have answers to those questions. Is she just another wife that decided to WALK away from her kids without looking back...wanting to find herself and change her life...doesn't sound like it to me.

Is hubby a nervous wreck because he is afraid his world is going to come crashing down on his head? What were the problems in the marriage? Any previous domestic calls to 911?

Strange how many wifes were either in the middle of getting a divorce or had mentioned that they wanted to get a divorce have come up missing...vanished into thin air....leaving the children at home alone or with the hubby or soon-to-be ex-hubby. All of them walked away...didn't drive away and took no clothing with them or their phones...some without purses, etc. Some even left in their pj's when it was freezing outside! All of them have probably suffered the same fate by the very people who promised to love, honor, and cherish them.

And the only reason I just heard this is because an e-mail with her picture just got filtered to my administrator mailbox. It seems some guys at my work know her. It was BCC'd though so I can't see who it was meant for and if they have any information.

I am not far at all from there, yet I have not heard anything on the news about this woman. I hope she is ok.

She placed an ad to find someone in her city to walk with (link below)...note: females only AND she wanted to get her children involved in healthy activities. Doesn't sound like someone that would run off to me. :(

http://www.exercisefriends.com/view_profile.aspx?member_id=69274

As much as I already suspect the soon-to-be-divorced spouse, it's always possible she met up with a bad stranger. (Still betting on the spouse though.) :(

Or, did the husband post this ad so that there was another thing to look into other than him?

I always hate hearing these stories of women that just walk out of their house and never return. Meanwhile, the husband is telling everyone that he hasn't slept in 3 days....Hmmm...

Sounds fishy to me!

Wow you guys are quick! I just saw this on Fox.

I'm thinking the hubby. Kind of funny how they haven't spoken "more than 5 words in the past 5 months" yet her ad shows her as a married woman looking for women ONLY to join her in exercise?

Hmmm

Or, did the husband post this ad so that there was another thing to look into other than him?

I always hate hearing these stories of women that just walk out of their house and never return. Meanwhile, the husband is telling everyone that he hasn't slept in 3 days....Hmmm...

Sounds fishy to me!

That's a good point! Columbo I am not!

I personally thought it was weird that she used her complete name to place the ad. Surely with children, especially, she would use some sort of nickname on the internet?

Lurker, I didn't think it was too weird that she asked for "women only". To me that meant she didn't want to bother with any guys looking for a good time. Then again...you never know!

This is another mom that left her cell phone, wallet and kids behind, just like that. :cool:

I hope she's found alive and well. I'd like to know more about her husband etc too.

Yeah I can see that too. It just sounded weird that he filed for divorce and she posts an ad saying she's married with 2 kids and is looking for women friends. It's TMI in my opinion. That could just be me though, I wouldn't put all that information out if looking for a workout partner.

I did a case search and it found a record for Craig Stebic, approximate age, 40 but it wants me to pay almost $40 for the info, without even knowing what it is.

Anyone know a better site to use? I went to http://www.courtregistry.org/index.php

Can anyone get this site to work? If so, is it them? When I click on the link, I get the dreaded 404 message.

The Stebic Family[SIZE=-1]The Stebic Family, Craig, Lisa, Alexis, Zac, and Craig's dad, Joe enjoy a Family Outing aboard The Migrator. Fun was had by all! ...
www.migratorfishhunt.com/news/news.asp?ID=23 - 7k - Supplemental Result - [/SIZE]

I got it to work there is a picture of all of them (if that is them I don't know) but there is a picture there.

Can anyone get this site to work? If so, is it them? When I click on the link, I get the dreaded 404 message.

The Stebic Family[SIZE=-1]The Stebic Family, Craig, Lisa, Alexis, Zac, and Craig's dad, Joe enjoy a Family Outing aboard The Migrator. Fun was had by all! ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]www.migratorfishhunt.com/news/news.asp?ID=23 - 7k - Supplemental Result - [/SIZE]

He was working in the backyard when she left the house, huh?

He wasn't laying cement, was he?

Weird feeling about this one, probably because I live close.

This being Laci's birthday, I'm going to follow this one. This woman needs some prayers, I have a feeling....

I found the picture yesterday too. I do believe it is them . It is for a local charter comany here in Illinois not too far away from they live. This is scary considering I live about 10 miles south of them. I do not know her but I have friends who's children go the school she works at and they all say she is a very nice lady who seems really into her kids. Just hearsay don't know her or anyone who knows her inner secrets just what you see from the outside. I did fnd it weird though that she used her full name on all of the internet postings she did.

It seems like every time that there is a case such as this, the hubby ends up being the culprit. Not going to jump to conclusions just yet, but it seems that history has a way of repeating itself in these types of cases. Whatever happened to getting a divorce?

I found a civil case in Cook Cty with both she and her stbx as defendents.

http://www.blackbookonline.info/bboil.htm Go to Cook and type in the last name.....

They are in Will County and nothing listed for Will Cty searches.

I'm about 40 minutes or so north of them........ Hadn't heard of this yet, although I haven't had the news on for the last 24 hours, which is a rarity. (pbs break)

While I too am leaning towards the stbx, especially since she left without a cell phone. Small chance on the excersize partner. However, there are quite a few forums for parents/playgroups etc. all over the Chicagoland area.... Particularly in more affluent areas. I wouldn't consider Plainfield an affluent area by any stretch, but it is an area that not too long ago was farmland and has had a tremendous amount of growth and new developement.

I really hate to say this -- but here we go again. Are all these missing mothers and wives on board a cruise ship just enjoying life? They all are somewhere - I doubt there is a demand from space aliens for 'loving mothers' or 'almost ex-wives'.
Can anyone vouch (other than his dog or mother) that he was working in the yard? When did he report her disappearance? They lived in the same house and hardly spoke yet were divorcing? That means, no doubt, that he was adamant about not giving up the great house and she probably wanted it. Or else money was an issue and he couldn't afford to get an apartment. She worked in the cafeteria of a school? What does he do? Call me pessimistic but didn't Sam Parker say he was doing yard work when Theresa was missing? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo