1046 users online (193 members and 853 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Right area.... I used to work at the RL pt right around the corner.

I still love that picture.......
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo

Lisa's family speaks out

Search continues for Lisa Stebic

MISSING WOMAN'S FAMILY HOLDS PRESS CONFERENCE; INFORMATION REMAINS LIMITED

May 5, 2007
    By BRIAN STANLEY Staff Writer

PLAINFIELD -- Mark Greenberg looked around the missing woman's neighborhood Friday afternoon.
    "It's strange how everything is so normal," the Naperville man said.»

more:
    http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/n...ING_S1.article

This article also states that Lisa was reported missing by her neighbor, not her husband.

[QUOTE=Cubby;1474084]That stuck out at me as strange. She said she didn't want to be married, so he just said ok honey and went in filed himself within a few months? I know statistically woman initiate divorce more often than men and would guess woman would also file first........ His not leaving the house would be do to "abandonment" issues with child custody. /QUOTE]

My neighbor pulled the same thing on her husband. After 3 kids (ages 4, 9, 10), she simply told her husband she did not love him and wanted a divorce. He tried to reason with her, counseling, but it did no good. He finally filed - within a few months. This is exactly why he did not leave the house. His attorney said if he did, it would be considered abandonment, i.e. child custody, so he lived in the house until the very day the divorce was final - got joint custody.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    This article also states that Lisa was reported missing by her neighbor, not her husband.
    Now that part sends my hinkey meter off the charts. If that is accurate, why would the neighbor make the report and not the husband? Did the neighbor do it because he was too upset? or because he acted like he did not give a chit? Was he even aware that the neighbor was going to call the police?

This woman lives in the subdivision next to mine. There are missing posters everywhere. This is such a safe area, I can't help believe that the husband did something to her. I feel for her poor kids.

Plainfield police: No leads on Lisa Stebic
    May 7, 2007

PLAINFIELD -- Family members passed out fliers Sunday as Lisa Stebic remained missing.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/h...OPS_S1.article

Thinking about Lisa and praying for her safe return.

This case is reminding me of Tara Grant's case where the husband said she left in a car w/ someone. Of course later LE found her torso in the garage.

Has LE obtained a search warrant for the house yet?

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson View Post
    Has LE obtained a search warrant for the house yet?

Hi CP. I don't believe they have. He offered up the computer(s) from what I understand.

I wish the family would get a couple of search dogs over there before Lisa's scent diminishes, to try to determine IF she left by foot or in a vehicle. (That's if there are any available -- presently not tied up in the Greensburg, Kansas (tornado devastated) area.)

FNC is covering her case right now.

Does anyone know what the husband does for a living?

I still think the weirdest thing is the internet posts with her full name. It's like it was put there on purpose. Which makes me think pre-meditation.

Someone commented on another site (topix?) that they should check the father-in-law's boating business for any weird activity around the time she went missing.

I'm still hoping for the best though. (putting on my rose-colored glasses)

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    Does anyone know what the husband does for a living?

I still think the weirdest thing is the internet posts with her full name. It's like it was put there on purpose. Which makes me think pre-meditation.

Someone commented on another site (topix?) that they should check the father-in-law's boating business for any weird activity around the time she went missing.

I'm still hoping for the best though. (putting on my rose-colored glasses)

That is strange about those internet postings --- sounds like a great set-up for pre-meditated foul play. But, then again, maybe it was legit and led to her demise.

Saw on Fox earlier that they had search dogs out looking for her yesterday (I think). But, I'd still like to know if the dogs checked the home premises to determine how she left (by foot or vehicle).

It was mentioned that Lisa usually got home around 2 and stayed and helped the kids with homework and stuff, until the hubby came in about 6 at which time she usually left. She would normally return around 10 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by gidget641 View Post

OT-I am thinking I was a close neighbor of yours too! If C.S is the town I am thinking of, I just moved from there a little over a year ago. I was just down the street from S.S mall and the Kmart
    Small world, I currently live in Carol Stream. I went to Hoffman High and my first job was at the dollar theatre in Barrington Square Mall.

Quote Originally Posted by Dena View Post
    Small world, I currently live in Carol Stream. I went to Hoffman High and my first job was at the dollar theatre in Barrington Square Mall.
    My first job was at the burger king in Barrington Square. Quite a few years b4 the HE police department declared the entire mall a NO CRUISING zone! I was just at the Garibaldi's and notice that there is one woman who has been working there since I was 13.

Do you remember MR. Frosty's ice cream over on Hassel rd?

<<They lived in the same house and hardly spoke yet were divorcing? That means, no doubt, that he was adamant about not giving up the great house and she probably wanted it. Or else money was an issue and he couldn't afford to get an apartment. She worked in the cafeteria of a school? What does he do? >>

On Greta's show, one of the family members said he was a pipe fitter.

I'm surprised with them divorcing that she did not feel the need to get a job other than working in the school cafeteria. (I read from a local poster on another board that she's a lunch lady.) That's something stay at home moms do to keep their ears open about what's going on at the kid's school and earn a little pin money, not enough to support yourself.

The cost of living in the Chicago suburbs is high, even though Plainfield is considered affordable by comparison. I doubt they had enough money to support two households much less keep that house.

To the poster who said this was a safe area...my brother just moved out of Plainfield a few years ago...It was a safe area in the early 90's when he moved in. He was noticing increasing criminality...there was a domestic homicide one block over, and someone was setting off small explosives in his neighborhood. Plainfield is also right next to Joliet.

Stebic search goes national
    May 8, 2007

Snippets from article:

Melanie Greenberg of Naperville, who is married to Stebic's cousin, has served as the family's spokeswoman. Greenberg on Friday started a Web site, www.findlisastebic.com, which received more than 12,000 hits by Monday afternoon.

No one saw Lisa, described as 5-foot-2 inches and 125 pounds, leave her house that day, police said. She often worked out at Plainfield North High School's fitness center, but she did not work out there April 30, police said.

The Sunday search did not generate any new information, though police say keeping Lisa's case public is crucial.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/h...ING_S1.article

===============================

I imagine this has already been checked out but I've been wondering if Craig has keys to Lisa's car, because there is always the possibility her cell phone and purse are in the trunk. If I were leaving to work out, I wouldn't take anything but my key(s) and bottled water. In her situation, I would've locked my purse & phone in my car. But that's just me.

On Fox News' "America's Newsroom" this hour, I think I heard that they are going to interview Lisa's sisters.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast