Barbie and Ken Break UP

Newswolf

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,111234,00.html

After 43 years together, Barbie and Ken (search) — as in the dolls — have decided that breaking up is hard to do, but do it they must.

Since they're dolls — and famous — Barbie and Ken had no comment about their split at the International Toy Fair (search), where the bombshell was dropped. The announcement predictably came from their spokespeople during a news conference Thursday.

“This is an announcement we thought we’d never make,” said Barbie’s publicist, Ken Sunshine. “I will confirm that Ken and Barbie are going to go their separate ways.”

( watch out ... I'm rolling my eyes again)

That was newsworthy??? LOL! How will I break the news to my daugters? ;)

Took Barbie long enough. How long did Ken expect her to wait for that ring, anyway? :loser:

While I "get" that these are dolls, what's wrong with this. Maybe I'm too synical but even in "doll world", they have to divorce?! What are we teaching our children? I'm rolling my eyes when I say these words, but geesh, what's the point in all of this? To introduce another "prince charming" so they make sales? uggggg

blueclouds said:
While I "get" that these are dolls, what's wrong with this. Maybe I'm too synical but even in "doll world", they have to divorce?! What are we teaching our children? I'm rolling my eyes when I say these words, but geesh, what's the point in all of this? To introduce another "prince charming" so they make sales? uggggg

:woohoo: :clap: :clap: :woohoo:

Great post and I can't agree more! I remember when I was a kid, I loved having Barbie and Ken weddings. My daughter played Barbies and SHE loved having the Barbie and Ken weddings.

I suppose any future grandkids of mine will get to see a Judge introduced, a bailiff, attorneys for both sides and maybe a little domestic violence thrown into the mix! Nothing like Barbie with a torn shirt and a fat black eye.
Let's just toss in some Barbies raised in foster care to add a little more dysfunction to a perfect family.

That's what Mattel gets for making Barbies in CHINA! They lost market share year after year when they moved to China. They did it to themselves by finding cheap labor and.....I'll step off my soapbox now. I hate Mattel.

You want to know what's really wrong here? Barbie and Ken never got married. So they aren't getting divorced, but they still have to "split up" everything. Try explaining THAT to your 8 year old.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back