CA CA - Elizabeth Bouslog Davis, 37, San Francisco, 1939

Gina_M

Reaction score
Website
www.findmywayhome.org
I have emailed with the person who runs the MySpace page for this case. On behalf of Elizabeth's grown children, who are now in their 80s, she is trying to find answers as to what happened. She has been hitting a lot of "brick walls", unfortunately. Here is the info:

http://www.myspace.com/ann_bouslog

Elizabeth Ann “Anna” "Peggy" Bouslog Davis
Missing since 1939-1944

We are diligently trying to find what happened to this woman.
Her 86-year-old daughter’s wish for is to find out what happened her mother since she left and where she is buried.

Last seen with John Spooner leaving Colorado for San Francisco. She wrote one letter home saying that she was working at the Presidio. She did state that it may be awhile before she could write as she may be going to sea. (WWII) No one has heard from her since.

Any information or guidance will be appreciated.

GivenName:

• Elizabeth Ann Bouslog Davis
Physical Description:
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight:110 - 120 lbs.
  • Hair Color: Dark Red (her daughters say it was not typical red but a very unusual and absolutely beautiful color of red. Also it was very curly which she hated.
  • Eyes: Green or Blue
  • Other features: Thin Lips, Took up smoking just before she left Colorado and She LOVED to dance.
Possible Aliases:
  • First Names: Eliza, Ellie, Liz, Beth, Betty, Betsy, Bette, Ann, Annie, Anna, Peggy
  • Last Names: Bouslog, Davis
Known Residence:
  • Illinois, Oklahoma, Colorado, California
Vital Records:
  • Date of birth: December 30, 1902 according to birth record. (Under the name of Ann Bouslog). Approx. 1903 listed on census,(Under the name of ANNA Bouslog). 1896 listed in Marriage Certificate (Under the name of ANNA Bouslog) I Recieved her SSN original application and she put 1900 as her birth year and her name as Elizabeth Ann Davis with the name Peggy Davis crossed through. Her kids say growing up she went by the name of Peggy or Peg.
  • Social Security Number: Recieved Social Security number and this woman being now 105 years old now and the SSA don't have her listed as deceased which adds that much more to the mystery. Also when doing a search by SSN and last name DAVIS it says the name does not match the SSN ... any help with this from someone that can search by SSN only and help me with a new last name I may be able to find more records on her.

• [*]Marriage: 1918 to Tony Davis, Boulder, Colorado (Tony also lived in Texas, Utah, and various places in California and worked as a Mechanic)
    [*]Divorced: 1939 in Denver, Colorado
    [*]Fathers name: George Sylvester Bouslog
    [*]Mothers name: Mary Elizabeth Wasson

• Last Known Residence: San Francisco, California
  • Last Known Employment: Presidio Military Hospital, San Francisco, California
  • Death Record: (unknown - pending reply)
  • Cemetery: (unknown - pending reply)

Also, from the page:

"We filed a missing persons formal report with the SFPD in California, got a case number but the Investigator who called back and said she went Voluntary Missing and she would NOT investigate this.

Basically, I was told that I need an NCIC number for the National DNA database when we submit the sample we have from her daughter. No one ASKED her to investigate... we just need the number for the FBI file"

and

"There is an Unidentifed person on the Doe Network that matches her basic age and physical description but when I call that Sheriff's department..they..without taking a breath or picking up a book or file or turning on a computer tell me there is NO SUCH case. Called the DOE NETWORK they said to mail the information about the case they have listed and they would get back with me..."

Bouslog is lsited as being 99, in the unlikely event that she's still alive, and her daughter's age is 86. Was Bouslog really only 12 or 13 when she had her first child? There appears to be some confusion over her DOB...

I think 99 is the oldest that MySpace will let you enter in the "age" category.

With a DOB somewhere between 1896 and 1903, she'd be somewhere between 104 and 111.

Does anyone know where she was born? Was it CO? Does anyone have more info on John Spooner--was he a Dr, are there any pictures of him, was he military?

I was looking up the soc sec death index for her mother and father and found a Mary Bouslog -born Jan 29, 1902 and died 1981 in Pasedena, CA. Could they be a relative?

There is also an Anna D DiMarco with the birthdate Dec 30, 1900 who died in Nov 1993 in San Francisco. Maybe she remarried and the D stood for Davis?

Does anyone know where she was born? Was it CO? Does anyone have more info on John Spooner--was he a Dr, are there any pictures of him, was he military?

I emailed the lady running the MySpace page and asked her. Thanks for your interest in the case. I had thought of posting about this in the Anna Waters forum, because I know quite a few great sleuthers frequent that forum and I could really use the input. I didn't even think of the possible Margaret Kukoda connection!

She was born in Chrisman, Edgar County, Illinois.

She apparently worked for a TB sanitarium in Colorado as a nurse where she met John Spooner.

She was born in Chrisman, Edgar County, Illinois.

She apparently worked for a TB sanitarium in Colorado as a nurse where she met John Spooner.

Gina--Are you in touch with the family? Have they ever tried to find or contact John Spooner? Have they tried to contact the military at all, since she indicated that she was "shipping out"?

I emailed the lady running the MySpace page and asked her. Thanks for your interest in the case. I had thought of posting about this in the Anna Waters forum, because I know quite a few great sleuthers frequent that forum and I could really use the input. I didn't even think of the possible Margaret Kukoda connection!

They do look similar to me, but I think that this woman is older than Margaret Kukoda was supposed to be?? I wish we had a picture of John Spooner to compare with George Brody. Has the lady running the Myspace page found any relatives of John Spooner or know anything more about him, since he was the last known person to be with her? Where they romantic or just friends traveling together? Was John Spooner older or younger than Elizabeth?

I have been keeping in touch with the lady at the MySpace site (Marki), who is in touch with the family. I asked her if it would be okay to post here on Websleuths all the info she has given me, or if there is anything the family would rather not post on a public forum. I just wrote her a little while ago so I haven't gotten a response yet...however I'll be going out of town in a few hours so I might not get back online for a couple days. You're welcome to email her at MySpace if you want, and find out if it's okay to post the info on the Presidio website. Thanks for your help!! My sleuthing skills aren't the best, but when I saw this case on MySpace I felt I had to try to help it along in some way.

I'll be back in touch later this week :cool:

I have received permission from Marki to post any info she gives me here on WS. Here is some more info from her:

"She was born in Chrisman, Edgar County, Illinois.

She apparently worked for a TB sanitarium in Colorado as a nurse where she met John Spooner. They were lovers and to anyones knowledge never married.

No one has a photo of him though I found his name as president of a Rotary in 1947 in California and the current president of that rotary thinks this one may have worked at a market. I don't know if it is the same John Spooner or not but the only living member that the current president gave me that might remember has thus far been unreachable by phone. They don't know much about Spooner at all except that they didn't like him. (The children)

There is on unidentified woman that I am trying to find out about case #415 that meets her general discription but when I called the Kern County sheriff's dept. I got the brush off saying he had no unidentified persons at all. I find that hard to believe in that he didn't even have time to open a book or pull up a computer file."

More info:

"I also found an Elizabeth Davis as being captured in the Phillipes and held prisoner working as a civilian nurse. It is stated with the wrong birthdate but she used several different birthdates and another listing on NARA that a civilian with the same name died in Germany. When writing to them they can't match it up because of the differing birthdates and at the time didn't have a social security number.

I thought I had made a major break when I got the SSN but now doing searches every company that I have tried to search by ssn says the ssn doesn't match the last name Davis, or Wasson, or Bouslog...

I need someone that can run that ssn and see what alias come up under that number. I don't have that capability right now."

More info from Marki:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/512ufwv.html

Marki says:

"I cropped Elizabeth's photo and the photo of the UWF. When cropping the photo in half and superimposing the photos it is a very remarkable match as far as facial dimentions.

I am praying that this is her and we get to give these kids (now in their 70's & 80's) some peace. They would know that she didn't leave them forever on purpose.

I have reason to think the ex husband may have been involved in her demise. He went to look for her about 1945 and traveled around before heading for California in about 1950 the time this person came up dead. He has many reasons to be vengeful and she told many people she thought he was going to kill her and/or the kids."

There is a website for the Presidio where you can post memories etc from your military years. I do not want to post anything without the families permission--should I email them at the myspace site, or are you in touch with them Gina?

http://www.nps.gov/prsf/historyculture/memories-from-the-1940s-through-the-1950s.htm

Marki's response to this:

"I actually emailed everyone that had an email address from the Presidio. All but one of the mails bounced. I did get ahold of Laura Householder who posted people from her dad's phone book. She sent me a copy of the phone book. None have panned out."

I don't think it would hurt to post the info though. Maybe someone is browsing the sites from a friend's computer and is not actually registered, but if they saw the info it would ring a bell. Or maybe someone just recently signed up and would be someone Marki had not previously contacted.

I was looking up the soc sec death index for her mother and father and found a Mary Bouslog -born Jan 29, 1902 and died 1981 in Pasedena, CA. Could they be a relative?

There is also an Anna D DiMarco with the birthdate Dec 30, 1900 who died in Nov 1993 in San Francisco. Maybe she remarried and the D stood for Davis?

Marki's response:

"Both of those.. the Mary Bouslog is a distant (very distant) cousin and the Anna D. that died in San Francisco according to back tracking in Ancestry.com does have different parents. Believe me I have about a foot tall stack of paperwork. Everytime I think I get close I hit a wall.

Tell your friend on WS that was GREAT work and I do appreciate it so very much."

I've only recently begun to post on websleuths but I think there is a possibility that when your mom went to California she changed her name to Margaret Kukoda and later was being investigated for performing illegal abortions. She may have been involved with George Brody and George Waters in the 1970's. Abortion became legal so those making their money that way (perhaps George B was) shifted to baby selling. Margaret Kukoda was said to have died shortly before Anna Waters went missing. Although this is only a hypothesis, she may have changed her name again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back