Good news everyone

This sounds very promising, but what is it going to cost and who is paying for it.

I know it could cost us our lives or the lives of our children and their children if something isnt done to save our environment but with the way the economy is at the moment we can bearly afford to live now. I totally agree that something has to be done and people are starting to do something about it but we still have to live too.

It's not the regular citizens in our country that use most of the fossil fuels. It's people who have private planes and people like Al Gore who have houses with 50 rooms and only 2 people living in them. It's people who SAY that WE, the little people, should cut down on our fuel comsumption, and buy fuel effecient cars, and then THEY go out and about in limos and big SUV's.

The way to help global warming is to plant more trees. Trees use the carbon dioxide to live. STOP cutting down the rain forests.......THAT is what they told us YEARS ago...and that is STILL what needs to be done!!!!

This sounds very promising, but what is it going to cost and who is paying for it.

I know it could cost us our lives or the lives of our children and their children if something isnt done to save our environment but with the way the economy is at the moment we can bearly afford to live now. I totally agree that something has to be done and people are starting to do something about it but we still have to live too.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0705/02/gb.01.html

"According to Marlo Lewis from the Competititve Enterprise Institute, Three-quarters of the total expense would fall upon the United States. "

Also,

"According to Patrick Moore, Former Director of Greenpeach International, It (Kyoto) does not include China, India, Brazil, and these countries are all industrializing rapidly".

Lastly,

"Accoding to Patrick Michaels, University of Virginia - State Climatologist: It used to be thought that by 2020 that China was going to pass the United States in carbon dioxide emissions. New data says it`s going to happen in 2009."

So there you have it folks, the truth about Al lying Gore.

New

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0705/02/gb.01.html

"According to Marlo Lewis from the Competititve Enterprise Institute, Three-quarters of the total expense would fall upon the United States. "

Also,

"According to Patrick Moore, Former Director of Greenpeach International, It (Kyoto) does not include China, India, Brazil, and these countries are all industrializing rapidly".

So there you have it folks, the truth about Al lying Gore.

New
It is a global problem, should be a global contribution. In saying that the cost should not be all put on the taxpayers.:truce:

It is a global problem, should be a global contribution. In saying that the cost should not be all put on the taxpayers.:truce:

Nonsense, the problem is that the sun is hotter.....we darned well had better get hotter too or else that would mean we are trending towards a global ice age.

The polar caps on Mars are reacting the same way. The trends that we see over long periods of time on Earth regarding warming and cooling trends are nothing more than cyclical variations.

Sun is hotter and that is a cyclical trend that will reverse someday.

Maybe instead of limiting co2 emissions, we limit liberals. Start throwing them in the rivers like they do in China! :D

Cal

Nonsense, the problem is that the sun is hotter.....we darned well had better get hotter too or else that would mean we are trending towards a global ice age.

The polar caps on Mars are reacting the same way. The trends that we see over long periods of time on Earth regarding warming and cooling trends are nothing more than cyclical variations.

Sun is hotter and that is a cyclical trend that will reverse someday.

Maybe instead of limiting co2 emissions, we limit liberals. Start throwing them in the rivers like they do in China! :D

Cal

That is such a arrogant comment- global warming exists Cal whether you believe in it or not- and I'm sorry but it is indeed a global problem

Wb Cal - I can only imagine you were timed out-

It's not the regular citizens in our country that use most of the fossil fuels. It's people who have private planes and people like Al Gore who have houses with 50 rooms and only 2 people living in them. It's people who SAY that WE, the little people, should cut down on our fuel comsumption, and buy fuel effecient cars, and then THEY go out and about in limos and big SUV's.

The way to help global warming is to plant more trees. Trees use the carbon dioxide to live. STOP cutting down the rain forests.......THAT is what they told us YEARS ago...and that is STILL what needs to be done!!!!

It's a way certainly- our forests are been chopped down at alarming rates-
Greenpeace are cool- they run around hugging the trees and protesting stuff like nuclear testing and whaling- we need to get behind organizations like this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenpeace

Something has top be done and eveyone agrees on that , YAY, but we cant agree on what to do, its all talk at the moment, which we do need to get everyone together and come up with an agreement to help the environment, then ACTION needs to be taken QUICKLY, so all the Pollies, greenies and other nations of the world pull your heads in and do something about our beautiful world or there will be NONE.:truce:

Shaz, they have agreed- from first link:

<<Consensus on the final IPCC report was finally achieved after scientists and other leading authorities from 120 nations attended an exhausting session that lasted from Thursday morning until this morning, French delegation chief Marc Gillet said.
"It is over. The report has been accepted>>

From second link:

<<The report, agreed by scientists and officials from more than 100 countries, does not set out policies.
It reviews the latest science on the costs and ways to curb emissions growth and is designed as a blueprint for governments.>>

<<Delegates said the onus was now on governments to put the report into action>>

So we need to keep onto our governmetnts, lil Johnny is so out in the next election, Australians don't want nuclear energy- I know I don't- and we want to be a part of cutting greenhouse gas emissions and looking at new ways to harness energy-

let's face it - who wants to give up their "comforts" that they feel they have worked for and/or deserve - no one, that's who......we want out gas guzzling cars and factories that pollute and produce more gas guzzlers and other necessities that we have evolved into not being able to live without....its all evolution.....

Shaz, they have agreed- from first link:

<<Consensus on the final IPCC report was finally achieved after scientists and other leading authorities from 120 nations attended an exhausting session that lasted from Thursday morning until this morning, French delegation chief Marc Gillet said.
"It is over. The report has been accepted>>

From second link:

<<The report, agreed by scientists and officials from more than 100 countries, does not set out policies.
It reviews the latest science on the costs and ways to curb emissions growth and is designed as a blueprint for governments.>>

<<Delegates said the onus was now on governments to put the report into action>>

So we need to keep onto our governmetnts, lil Johnny is so out in the next election, Australians don't want nuclear energy- I know I don't- and we want to be a part of cutting greenhouse gas emissions and looking at new ways to harness energy-
You know what our government is like, nothing will get done for ages, they will be arguing between themselves, hope there was a time limit or some sort of clause in the agreement that states something has to be done within a certain period, or this will be put on the back benck for awhile.

Nuclear Power....NO WAY.

but hey - i'm planting flowers anywho....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back