1313 users online (272 members and 1041 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post Tornadoes reported in Kan., Ill., Okla.

Rescuers searched early Saturday for people believed trapped in a partially collapsed hospital after a massive tornado roared across this southwest Kansas community.

The tornado struck Friday night, leaving a broad swath of destruction in the Kiowa County town about 110 miles west of Wichita. For hours later, the same storm front continued to spawn tornadoes along a path stretching northeast from Greensburg through central Kansas.

Emergency medical crews, law enforcement personnel and search and rescue teams from throughout southwest Kansas and as far east as Wichita raced toward Greensburg after the twister struck.

All communications to the Kiowa County town of about 1,600 people were knocked out by the tornado, and the Kansas Department of Transportation sent its Communications on Wheels mobile unit from Wichita to restore 911 service.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070505/ap_on_re_us/severe_weather&printer=1

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

This was a bad one--1.5 miles wide,much larger than typical tornado,struck at 11:20 pm,16 people in critical condition--town of 1500 is 60% destroyed--nothing worse than a tornado at night--you hear it but can't see it--MSNBC showed the incredible destruction this morning

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    CNN is reporting that 7 lives have been lost due to this tornado.

My heart and prayers go out to all the families affected. And, to the entire town of Greensburg (or maybe I shoud say, what's left of it). Sad.

Unhappy

News is reporting that 90% of Greensburg has been destroyed. The entire town had to be evacuated as there is no structure safe enough there for people to evacuate to.

Weather forecasts more bad weather for today and tomorrow for that same area.

The devastation is truly horrific.

Lots of pictures at this link http://www.kansas.com/
    Where is FEMA? They have not arrived yet according to Sen Sam Brownback(R-KS).
    This community needs lots of prayers.
    Retired 08/03/03

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow205 View Post
    This community needs lots of prayers.

Yes, they sure do, Shadow. Fox News is now reporting nine deaths. Sadly, I think there will be more fatalities discovered as the day passes.

Imagine well over 1000 people with no homes, no cars, no nothing! And, more storms headed their way.

Unhappy New Tornado Warning in Greensburg, KS

Senator Pat Roberts was just on the phone with Trace Gallagher (FNC) and told him that if they (Fox) have helicopters on the way to Greensburg, to turn them around, as there is a new tornado warning. The senator stated he estimates the devastation there to be a 95%.

Looks like at least an F-4--Winds probably over 200 mph--The town is in pieces--total destruction--

Wow my heart goes out to these people I'm sure glad that we moved out of KS.

Quote Originally Posted by WindChime View Post
    Wow my heart goes out to these people I'm sure glad that we moved out of KS.

Lucky for you, Windchime. It is heartbreaking.

Fox showed an interview of a couple who lost not only their home but also their (Ace) hardware store, with their two little girls who looked to be about three. One daughter, clutching her stuffed animal, said her house was all in little pieces now. That brought tears to my eyes, plus watching their Dad trying to contain his emotions in front of his daughters, while looking at the spot where his hardware store used to be.

Prayers and donations (Red Cross) could really be beneficial. This is utter devastation of an entire town!

My heart hurts for these poor people who have lost so much. I hope that through donations and other ways we can help them rebuild their town. If we can help do that then perhaps we can help them to heal from this tragedy, too. This reminds me of the Jarrell tornado on May 27th, 1997. I was there doing a search, and it was very challenging to be there. Gosh, these poor people. They are in my thoughts and in my prayers.

Lion

Wow, that town was wiped out-
    Prayers for everyone that lost someone and for all the people who lost everything they owned-

Quote Originally Posted by LionRun View Post
    My heart hurts for these poor people who have lost so much. I hope that through donations and other ways we can help them rebuild their town. If we can help do that then perhaps we can help them to heal from this tragedy, too. This reminds me of the Jarrell tornado on May 27th, 1997. I was there doing a search, and it was very challenging to be there. Gosh, these poor people. They are in my thoughts and in my prayers.
    --I remember that Jarrell tornado--happened on my birthday--The Jarrell Tornado was a rare F-5,250 mph winds---One whole family ran to another safer bigger house than their own--They were all killed anyway--a real tragedy--tornado cellars are your only defense--no one has ever been killed in a tornado cellar

News conference on right now--Fox--

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hamilton View Post
    --I remember that Jarrell tornado--happened on my birthday--The Jarrell Tornado was a rare F-5,250 mph winds---One whole family ran to another safer bigger house than their own--They were all killed anyway--a real tragedy--tornado cellars are your only defense--no one has ever been killed in a tornado cellar
    I was thinking that was the 318mph twister, but that may have been another.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast