1194 users online (246 members and 948 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

KS - Alex & Jennifer Wood for starving 6 & 7yo girls, Wichita, 2006

Police found two young girls in a basement Friday who were so emaciated that an officer compared them to Nazi death camp survivors.

Their two step-siblings were upstairs with their mother, healthy and well fed.

Acting on a tip, state social workers stopped by the house Friday to check on the welfare of the children in the 1500 block of South Wichita. They then notified the police...
    http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/15094537.htm

It said in the article that the girls were fed when their dad was home...You can't tell me he didn't know what was going on. He had to have noticed how skinny they were....

of course he knew..that is so sick. These poor little Cinderella's

How could anyone treat innocent children like this? There is a special place in hell for this mother and the girls' father. I am always interested in seeing pictures of the parents because they are usually big, fat pigs who haven't missed a meal.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    This is the classic evil stepmother and a father who won't intervene on his own children's account. I would like to hear his explanation...this has been going on for a long time so he had to be aware.

A bit like the Dave Pelzer case I expect when the father knew but it was 'easier' for him to turn a blind eye to escape the wrath of 'Mum' himself!

A doctor told police that it looked like they hadn't eaten in six days or had anything to drink in three -- days on which the high temperatures hit 108, 108 and 109.

Nothing to drink either?

this is attempted murder, IMO.

those poor, poor babies.

lock the perps up and throw away the key!

Quote Originally Posted by missacorah
    A bit like the Dave Pelzer case I expect when the father knew but it was 'easier' for him to turn a blind eye to escape the wrath of 'Mum' himself!

weak, miserable, bar steward!

it is unfortunate, due to protecting the girls, the names of these 'parents' can't be plastered all over the media!

This so called mum is a monster and the dad is not much better

Just reading about this other case, I came across the following:

July 17, 2006
    SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- A 37-year-old man who starved to death his 9-week-old son made an emotional plea for mercy before he was sentenced Monday to as many as 12 years in state prison.
    http://tinyurl.com/lbo5o

After spending almost two years in jail, a mother who pleaded guilty to starving her 3-month-old son to death was set to be released from custody Friday to begin a sentence of two years of house arrest followed by 12 years' probation.

The emaciated body of Katrina
    Ferguson's son was found buried in a field near her Lauderdale Lakes apartment in March 2004. The child, Trinaud Robinson, weighed 2 pounds less than his birth weight of 7 pounds, 2 ounces. Ferguson told police the baby slept a lot and she sometimes skipped feedings.

http://tinyurl.com/p3odk

ROANOKE, Va. (AP) - A woman received an 11-year prison sentence Friday for allowing her newborn son to slowly starve to death during his three-month life. Tiffany Shantele Spears, 27, was convicted of felony murder in the death of Westley Richardson, who died in May from chronic starvation, and the neglect of his twin sister and older brother, who also went hungry for days.

http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?nid=25&sid=843351

And then there’s the case of Devontate Williams and so many others. They knowingly starved these children and knew full well what the outcome would be - death. It's only fair all of them should receive the same.

I start to feel guilty if my dog hasnt been fed at his usual feeding time.How anyone could starve a child is beyond me...its a very cruel and unusual punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by dingo
    I start to feel guilty if my dog hasnt been fed at his usual feeding time.How anyone could starve a child is beyond me...its a very cruel and unusual punishment.
    Isn't that the truth! My Lab can just give me a look and I know he wants to eat. He doesn't know what hunger really is. To think of these poor little children waiting and waiting for their next meal just sickens me. I just pray they gain their weight and strength back and find some loving parents to adopt them and give them a healthy, loving life that they so deserve.

This is the most horrific story lately. The father is in denial. I hate denial...it devalues you every step of the way. These girls were subject to whatever abuses could be thrown their way.

And, they were abused. No matter what parent or step-parent shows up at the door. The intention was to harm these children and gain control. They were pawns in other abusive situations.

I hope that someone takes the bull by the horns and makes sure these children have a chance at life. A good chance.The chance to change a cycle and be who you want to be.

The original article says the father will be interrogated. Interrogated? He ought to be starved! As for his wife...I surely do hope there is a special place for people such as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by kahskye
    Isn't that the truth! My Lab can just give me a look and I know he wants to eat. He doesn't know what hunger really is. To think of these poor little children waiting and waiting for their next meal just sickens me. I just pray they gain their weight and strength back and find some loving parents to adopt them and give them a healthy, loving life that they so deserve.
    I have a lab too..so I know what mean by the look These children were also deprived of fluids and if I remember correctly,death by thirst is a lot worse than starvation.

And, dammit, a chance to eat. For Christ's sake this is a really sick scenario. Sorry, but this burns my butt and I lose it when it comes to children.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast