Thread: MS - Louis Scott, 21, Leland, 21 April 2007

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo

MS - Louis Scott, 21, Leland, 21 April 2007

Article dated May 3, 2007

Louis Scott, Jr. of Tchula has been missing 12 days

LEXINGTON, Mississippi (STPNS) -- If Louis Scott, Jr., 21, of Tchula has not been found as of today (Thursday) it will have been 12 days since he was last seen in Leland on April 21.

Scott, the son of Diane and Louis Scott, Sr., has lived in Tchula all of his life and is a 2004 graduate of S.V. Marshall High School. He is currently enrolled at Mississippi Valley State University majoring in Criminal Justice.

Mr. Scott is an Army Reservist who served 13 months active duty in Afghanistan.

http://www.stpns.net/view_article.ht...43231065444315

ETA description of Louis:
    Scott is black, with dark complexion, 5'11", brown eyes, black hair, and weighs between 230-250 pounds. He has a cross tattoo on his right arm and VL on his left arm.

Snippets from article about Louis, dated Thursday, May 3rd, 2007:

Authorities Search for Missing Mississippi College Student Who Served in Afghanistan

WASHINGTON COUNTY, Miss. ** Mississippi authorities conducted an aerial search for a missing college student who never returned to campus after hanging out at Greenville nightclub with roommates, according to published reports.

Louis Scott, 21, who attended Mississippi Valley State University, hasn't been seen since April 21, after he left a Greenville night club alone to return to campus after partying with a few roommates.

His friends say they last saw him parked at a gas Station on U.S. route 82. They blinked their lights at him and continued back to the university.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,269975,00.html

There sure have been a lot of college kids come up missing. I wonder what happened to this boy and why he left the bar alone instead of one of his friends riding with him? I hope he just decided to take off for a while as he was getting gas when he was last seen.

Body found in car in Delta creek ID'd as Valley student

The body of a Mississippi Valley State University student who had been missing for almost three weeks was found Saturday in a car submerged in a creek just north of Hollandale.

Louis Scott Jr. had probably been dead since right after he was last heard from on April 22, said Washington County Coroner Methel Johnson.

"I'm not ruling out foul play," Johnson said Sunday, but she said the death may very well be the result of a traffic accident.

The car was situated in such a way that it may have gone off nearby Old U.S. 61 and into Deer Creek.

A pair of fishermen found the car Saturday afternoon and called authorities.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pb...0338/1001/news

Thanks for the update, Chico. Sadly, it wasn't a better outcome for Louis. May he rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    He is currently enrolled at Mississippi Valley State University majoring in Criminal Justice.
    Why the bolding on Criminal Justice? We're all not that bad! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by audrey77 View Post
    Why the bolding on Criminal Justice? We're all not that bad! LOL
    Gee.

It never even ocurred to me that highlighting "criminal justice" would cause people to perceive that I was trying to imply something bad about Louis (or anybody else).

What I was actually trying to suggest was the coincidence that he was studying criminal justice and that he may have been a victim of crime. (Thus the reason for posting about him on a crime sleuthing forum.)

I'm sorry. I guess I'll try to spell things out a little more carefully in the future.

I'm just poking fun... LOL
    We're all an interesting group- I highly recommend everyone to take a class... especially if you're interested in missing persons, crime, etc.

It's true- in the industry you're trying to keep a security clearance- so you try to stay out of trouble.

It would be nice if counties could have access to advanced technologies to check creeks/waterways efficiently and easily (without putting in too many resources). Unfortunately, Homeland Security takes some of these types of funds away for development/aquisition.

We have to fence in all waterways... it seems like this is happening everyday. Maybe the electronic stability control in cars will help.