OK - Family tries to heal wounds after false molestation charges

White Rain

Reaction score
Wow is this man ever a "real" man for forgiving this piece of crap...He lost two years of his life and went through God knows what in jail, being labeled a child molester, all because his step-daughter wanted to gain some "freedom."
I don't care if he forgives her or not, she should do some jail time for her false charges...and be made to hear talks from true child molestation victims and how their lives have been ruined by predators. What a sick-minded person to say something like that. :banghead:

MARLOW, Okla. — A man says he wants to move on with his life after his stepdaughter recanted charges that he had molested her — a charge that landed him in prison for more than two years.
Kenneth Austin, 60, spent two years and two months in a prison in McAlester after being convicted in 1995 of molesting his then-12-year-old stepdaughter, Mandy Cowart. But Cowart, now 25 and living in Midland, Texas, recanted her story last fall.
Cowart said under oath that she had made up the story so that she could gain some freedom.
"I feel stupid now," she said this week. "I lied. Back then, I felt like I didn't have everything other kids had. When I made the allegation, I felt it was my only way out of the house.
"I felt guilt. At the time even, I had a lot of deep regrets. I just couldn't live with it anymore. I had to make things right."
Stephens County prosecutor Dennis Gay said he doesn't believe Cowart's new story.
"I didn't attend the trial, but I ready the transcripts," Gay said. "I have reviewed the evidence. Do I think an innocent man was put behind bars? No." (more at link)
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,270243,00.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back