Somethings not on the up and up here...
LAKELAND, Fla. ó A 3-year-old boy died and his 1-year-old brother was injured after they were found unconscious Thursday in a bathtub filled with water and cleaning solutions, Polk County authorities said.
Ashenka Broome, 24, said she put a mixture of water, bleach, Pine-Sol, and Mr. Clean in the tub to clean it, according to Carrie Rodgers, spokeswoman for the sheriff's office.
While mopping the kitchen floor, Broome realized she did not hear her sons and went to look for them. She found them upstairs in the master bathroom tub, Rodgers said.
Broome brought the boys downstairs and called for help. Neighbors performed CPR until paramedics arrived.
Jasmon Rudolph was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead, Rodgers said. Jastin Rudolph, was airlifted to St. Joseph's Children's Hospital, and was expected to make a full recovery, authorities said.
An autopsy will be performed on Jasmon Rudolph to determined the cause of death.
It was too early in the case to determine if charges would be filed, Rodgers said.
"We don't know how they got in the tub or how long they were in there," she said.