1538 users online (280 members and 1258 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Any information is good info...MOM and DAD have passed on and the rest of us have that same hole that gets bigger in our hearts...We love you TRICIA KELLETT...WE WONT STOP SEARCHING!!!

Welcome to WS Brian. Praying that answers are found in Tricia's disappearance.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

circa 1982, age progressed to 36

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/272dfil.html
    Last edited by RubyRed; 08-01-2010 at 02:35 PM.

The thirty year anniversary of Tricia's disappearance is approaching in a few weeks. Has anyone seen any updates or news stories lately?

This missing person's flier has a description of the abductor. I don't think an image has been released of the man though and the description is way too generic to not have an image. I'm assuming since it was a Friday afternoon, it was probably busy in the neighborhood with a lot of children playing. It's a shame no one saw anything substantial because after Tricia was abducted, no further evidence has been released to the public and no persons of interests have ever been named. A vague description of the man and an inconsistent description of the car are the only real things investigators had.

Hope Tricia can one day return home.

Tricia J Kellett - Find a Grave

I'm literally shaking right now. I had typed out the following post to post on Websleuths, without knowing where to put it:
    "This my first Websleuths post, so if there is a better place to write this, please let me know! And move this if necessary.

Long story short- sometime in 1985, when I was in kindergarden, a friend and I were approached by a man in a car. He pulled over to where we were on the sidewalk, and offered us candy. We had run ahead of my mom, and she finally caught up to us after being around the corner. He saw her and sped off.
    This was in Waupaca, WI. I can describe the car, the guy, the specific wording he used (he specifically used a word that was not part of the common vernacular in the area), and the season and the weather on that day, as well as the specific address. Additionally, we were about to enter the public library, where I would have both returned and checked out books about 20 minutes after the incident....which could maybe provide a time stamp?

Anyway, it didn't occur to me until recently (after watching a number of crime documentaries) that this info may be helpful in solving related cases-- if there were ever any cases involving the same guy. I don't recall ever seeing similar incidents within a couple years before or after that, in that area, where (female) kids that age went missing. But, I suppose it can't hurt to share the info, right? I've seen more than one show now where they've made the point that "the one who escapes/survives is the best source of information".

Any advice on what I could or should do with this info? Or if there were ever any cases that may be related in any way?

Thanks"

I couldn't find a forum specifically for "some guy tried to grab me, but was unsuccessful", so I decided to look around for cases in the area around the same time, with girls of the same age. I didn't find any in Wisconsin, so I tried Illinois. I found this one. My jaw dropped at the description of the car.

FYI- I literally *just* submitted a tip via the website for Jon Walsh's "The Hunt" on...Friday night? In my post there, I described the car I saw.
    GUYS--- I described a light blue hatchback car that looked like an economy model. When I came to this thread and saw "1979 Dodge Dart", I googled what that car looks like. That doesn't match. But.... is it possible that it was a Dodge COLT?? *IF* that is possible.... I found this pic of a 1979 Dodge Colt, and it totally matches with the car I saw: http://www.curbsideclassic.com/wp-co...-Colt-line.jpg

I don't want to jump to conclusions that the cases are totally related. I really have no real way of knowing that.
    If anything else, I think I might now have a solid guess as to what type of car the guy who *I* saw was driving.

Any advice on what I could do with my info that may be more helpful to anyone involved with any potential related case?

Also-- I saw a pic of a Plymouth Arrow from the same time. That car could also be a potential match for the car I saw. I just very strongly remember the back of the car being very....triangular-ish? It wasn't boxy like other sedans. It had more of a slanty slope to both the front and the back, but much more so in the back. I also remember it being a light, sort of powdery color. Grayish-blueish-pastel-ish. Kind of a dull color. Not super shiny.

Apologies for the triple post-- I just realized that the year was most likely NOT 1985. I was in Kindergarten between the fall of 1983 and the spring of 1984. I'm about 98% sure I was in kindergarten when this happened.
    Also- I recalled another piece of info that makes me believe that this may have occurred on either Labor Day or Memorial Day...or a similar holiday....

Bumping up . This case broke my heart actually , very similar to Michaela garecht,s abduction. The man in the flyer is described as white , brown hair and moustache , early to mid 30s , 6.0 ft ,200 pounds driving a blue car with front door damage . This creep would not have stopped with tricia and I pray that he is caught and pays for his crimes

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Were the plates on the suspect's car IL plates?
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

This is just IF the same would-be abductor I escaped from was the same as the one who got Tricia (big "If", but....you never know....)
    I am about 90% sure he was from a southern state. I can give specific reasons if it's helpful....but
    That's only on the off chance that they were the same guy.

Bump for Tricia.
    The detective on her case was talking about a different missing child but said that boys disappearance, and Tricias, are two case that still haunt him, over a decade after retirement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2