1097 users online (185 members and 912 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Me to Sharpton: You're FIRED!

It didn't take long for this blathering idiot to put his foot in his mouth. I don't buy any of his explanations or excuses.

Sharpton accused of 'bigotry' after remark on faith

"The Rev. Al Sharpton, who recently urged that radio host Don Imus be fired for making a racially insensitive remark, said in a debate that "those who really believe in God will defeat" Republican Mitt Romney for the White House.

But Sharpton denied he was questioning the Mormon's own belief in God."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/05/....ap/index.html

He is such an azzzzzzz.

Eve

Quote Originally Posted by eve View Post
    He is such an azzzzzzz.

Eve

That's putting it nicely..... He makes me

from the link above:
    <snip>
    "As for the one Mormon running for office, those who really believe in God will defeat him anyways, so don't worry about that; that's a temporary situation," Sharpton said Monday during a debate with Hitchens at the New York Public Library's Beaux-Arts headquarters.

<snip>
    "What I said was that we would defeat him, meaning as a Republican," Sharpton said. "A Mormon, by definition, believes in God. They don't believe in God the way I do, but by definition, they believe in God."

That ISN'T what he said... I agree... "He is such an azzzzzzzz."

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

The whole magic underwear thing is something I'll never understand, but Mormons are good people. They believe in God and they are Christians. They keep to themselves, they make their faith a top priority in their lives, and family is everything to them. Fat Albert could learn a thing or two from Mormons.

Quote Originally Posted by samhoney View Post
    The whole magic underwear thing is something I'll never understand, but Mormons are good people. They believe in God and they are Christians. They keep to themselves, they make their faith a top priority in their lives, and family is everything to them. Fat Albert could learn a thing or two from Mormons.
    I don't know a whole lot about the Mormons (just a little) but I DO KNOW they sent me a FREE bible thru the mail, thru mormon.org, or mormon.com, I forget which, all Mormons, PLEASE forgive me for forgetting!

tennessee is offline Blew out my flipflop. Stepped on a pop top . . .
    My inlaws are devout Mormons. You are right, they are good people. They are very charitable and their families do mean everything to them. I couldn't have asked for better.

I kept hearing a man on CNN saying that it was taken out of context and that really angered me. I read what he said and he did make a bigotted remark.

Come on AL. Time to grow up and realize that you have to show love, compassion and tolerance to receive it. Love your fellow man.
    Opinions are like belly buttons. Everyone's got one. This one is mine.

As most of you know, I'm a devout Mormon. I was pretty appalled at the Rev. Sharpton's comments. My husband (who is not Mormon) was sharing an article in the news a couple of days ago. It was the murder case where 3 black men and one black woman killed a couple that were on a date. Not just killed them but tortured them and cut of their penis, breasts, raped them, etc. It was horrific! But where were the Rev. Sharpton and Jesse Jackson during this crime committed by black folks against white folks? I just wish the whole color and religion thing would go out the door. I can tell you that Mitt Romney is an incredible person and would make an amazing President. Not just because of his high morals but because of his high intelligence along with his savvy business aptitude and being a very charismatic leader! No one would have to worry that he would push his religion on any person! Most of us Mormon's love to share our faith and we might even ask friends that are close to us if they'd like to know more, but if you say no, we're not offended and we love you anyway! I know I'm a LOT more tolerant than my mainstream Christian husband who I adore. But his family has nothing to do with me because I'm a Mormon. We never even received one Wedding card or gift from them acknowledging our marriage. It's really sad. Even though my husband himself thinks my religion is wrong he adores me and he said it took marrying a Mormon to find the perfect wife and partner and best friend he could have ever found. He was married twice before to again, mainstream Christians.

I sure wish people like the Rev. Sharpton and Jessee Jackson could take their evil propaganda to some other country and leave America alone. I think they do more harm than good.

Fat Albert could learn a thing or two from Mormons.
    LOL! I'm still trying to picture Fat Albert with a perm...

Quote Originally Posted by eve View Post
    He is such an azzzzzzz.

Eve
    I totally agree, he just needs to go far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Anngelique View Post
    As most of you know, I'm a devout Mormon. I was pretty appalled at the Rev. Sharpton's comments. My husband (who is not Mormon) was sharing an article in the news a couple of days ago. It was the murder case where 3 black men and one black woman killed a couple that were on a date. Not just killed them but tortured them and cut of their penis, breasts, raped them, etc. It was horrific! But where were the Rev. Sharpton and Jesse Jackson during this crime committed by black folks against white folks? I just wish the whole color and religion thing would go out the door. I can tell you that Mitt Romney is an incredible person and would make an amazing President. Not just because of his high morals but because of his high intelligence along with his savvy business aptitude and being a very charismatic leader! No one would have to worry that he would push his religion on any person! Most of us Mormon's love to share our faith and we might even ask friends that are close to us if they'd like to know more, but if you say no, we're not offended and we love you anyway! I know I'm a LOT more tolerant than my mainstream Christian husband who I adore. But his family has nothing to do with me because I'm a Mormon. We never even received one Wedding card or gift from them acknowledging our marriage. It's really sad. Even though my husband himself thinks my religion is wrong he adores me and he said it took marrying a Mormon to find the perfect wife and partner and best friend he could have ever found. He was married twice before to again, mainstream Christians.

I sure wish people like the Rev. Sharpton and Jessee Jackson could take their evil propaganda to some other country and leave America alone. I think they do more harm than good.

Question

Can anyone tell me with a straight face, that the good Rev. Sharpton is not a racist?
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Anngelique View Post

Thank you Angelique. I work with Mormons on genealogy. My Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) chapter uses our local Mormon church for its meetings. There is a family history center there and the people are incredibly helpful in our research. No one has pressured me, but simply answered questions when I asked about certain aspects of the faith.

I have no problem with Mitt Romney's faith, or his ability to lead the country. I only wish he had not reversed his views on abortion rights for women. I really would like to have a moderate Republican in office that doesn't bow down to the religious zealots on the far right.

Al Sharpton is nothing but a racist. If something like this was said to him, OMG...can you imagine the outcry that would come from him and his cohorts?

Sharpton and Jackson need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by the original tez View Post
    Can anyone tell me with a straight face, that the good Rev. Sharpton is not a racist?
    Nope.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast