Me to Sharpton: You're FIRED!

Paladin

Former Member
Reaction score
It didn't take long for this blathering idiot to put his foot in his mouth. I don't buy any of his explanations or excuses.

Sharpton accused of 'bigotry' after remark on faith

"The Rev. Al Sharpton, who recently urged that radio host Don Imus be fired for making a racially insensitive remark, said in a debate that "those who really believe in God will defeat" Republican Mitt Romney for the White House.

But Sharpton denied he was questioning the Mormon's own belief in God."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/05/09/romney.sharpton.ap/index.html

He is such an azzzzzzz.

Eve

from the link above:
<snip>
"As for the one Mormon running for office, those who really believe in God will defeat him anyways, so don't worry about that; that's a temporary situation," Sharpton said Monday during a debate with Hitchens at the New York Public Library's Beaux-Arts headquarters.

<snip>
"What I said was that we would defeat him, meaning as a Republican," Sharpton said. "A Mormon, by definition, believes in God. They don't believe in God the way I do, but by definition, they believe in God."

That ISN'T what he said... I agree... "He is such an azzzzzzzz."

The whole magic underwear thing is something I'll never understand, but Mormons are good people. They believe in God and they are Christians. They keep to themselves, they make their faith a top priority in their lives, and family is everything to them. Fat Albert could learn a thing or two from Mormons.

The whole magic underwear thing is something I'll never understand, but Mormons are good people. They believe in God and they are Christians. They keep to themselves, they make their faith a top priority in their lives, and family is everything to them. Fat Albert could learn a thing or two from Mormons.

I don't know a whole lot about the Mormons (just a little) but I DO KNOW they sent me a FREE bible thru the mail, thru mormon.org, or mormon.com, I forget which, all Mormons, PLEASE forgive me for forgetting!

My inlaws are devout Mormons. You are right, they are good people. They are very charitable and their families do mean everything to them. I couldn't have asked for better.

I kept hearing a man on CNN saying that it was taken out of context and that really angered me. I read what he said and he did make a bigotted remark.

Come on AL. Time to grow up and realize that you have to show love, compassion and tolerance to receive it. Love your fellow man.

As most of you know, I'm a devout Mormon. I was pretty appalled at the Rev. Sharpton's comments. My husband (who is not Mormon) was sharing an article in the news a couple of days ago. It was the murder case where 3 black men and one black woman killed a couple that were on a date. Not just killed them but tortured them and cut of their penis, breasts, raped them, etc. It was horrific! But where were the Rev. Sharpton and Jesse Jackson during this crime committed by black folks against white folks? I just wish the whole color and religion thing would go out the door. I can tell you that Mitt Romney is an incredible person and would make an amazing President. Not just because of his high morals but because of his high intelligence along with his savvy business aptitude and being a very charismatic leader! No one would have to worry that he would push his religion on any person! Most of us Mormon's love to share our faith and we might even ask friends that are close to us if they'd like to know more, but if you say no, we're not offended and we love you anyway! I know I'm a LOT more tolerant than my mainstream Christian husband who I adore. But his family has nothing to do with me because I'm a Mormon. We never even received one Wedding card or gift from them acknowledging our marriage. It's really sad. Even though my husband himself thinks my religion is wrong he adores me and he said it took marrying a Mormon to find the perfect wife and partner and best friend he could have ever found. He was married twice before to again, mainstream Christians.

I sure wish people like the Rev. Sharpton and Jessee Jackson could take their evil propaganda to some other country and leave America alone. I think they do more harm than good.

As most of you know, I'm a devout Mormon. I was pretty appalled at the Rev. Sharpton's comments. My husband (who is not Mormon) was sharing an article in the news a couple of days ago. It was the murder case where 3 black men and one black woman killed a couple that were on a date. Not just killed them but tortured them and cut of their penis, breasts, raped them, etc. It was horrific! But where were the Rev. Sharpton and Jesse Jackson during this crime committed by black folks against white folks? I just wish the whole color and religion thing would go out the door. I can tell you that Mitt Romney is an incredible person and would make an amazing President. Not just because of his high morals but because of his high intelligence along with his savvy business aptitude and being a very charismatic leader! No one would have to worry that he would push his religion on any person! Most of us Mormon's love to share our faith and we might even ask friends that are close to us if they'd like to know more, but if you say no, we're not offended and we love you anyway! I know I'm a LOT more tolerant than my mainstream Christian husband who I adore. But his family has nothing to do with me because I'm a Mormon. We never even received one Wedding card or gift from them acknowledging our marriage. It's really sad. Even though my husband himself thinks my religion is wrong he adores me and he said it took marrying a Mormon to find the perfect wife and partner and best friend he could have ever found. He was married twice before to again, mainstream Christians.

I sure wish people like the Rev. Sharpton and Jessee Jackson could take their evil propaganda to some other country and leave America alone. I think they do more harm than good.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Can anyone tell me with a straight face, that the good Rev. Sharpton is not a racist?:confused:

Thank you Angelique. I work with Mormons on genealogy. My Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) chapter uses our local Mormon church for its meetings. There is a family history center there and the people are incredibly helpful in our research. No one has pressured me, but simply answered questions when I asked about certain aspects of the faith.

I have no problem with Mitt Romney's faith, or his ability to lead the country. I only wish he had not reversed his views on abortion rights for women. I really would like to have a moderate Republican in office that doesn't bow down to the religious zealots on the far right.

Al Sharpton is nothing but a racist. If something like this was said to him, OMG...can you imagine the outcry that would come from him and his cohorts?

Sharpton and Jackson need to go.

Not only is Al a racist - blatent if you ask me - he does not, will not apologize. It is very very sad that we have to even see his face on tv! JMOO

Can anyone tell me with a straight face, that the good Rev. Sharpton is not a racist?:confused:

Yes, I can....he is not a bigot, is not prejudiced, nor a racist. In today's world, only white people can be racists.

If a black man says something racists against whites, mexicans, etc. then he is just expressing his right of dissention based on something that happened 200+ years ago.

Only whites can be racists, don't you know that?

Cal

Not only is Al a racist - blatent if you ask me - he does not, will not apologize. It is very very sad that we have to even see his face on tv! JMOO
Apparently, his behavior is rewarded by the media because he gets a lot of face time on a lot of cable networks. I blame a lot of AS's (and JJ's) attitude and income on the willingness of the networks to support them by showing their every move. I change the channel when I see their faces. That's all I can do.

Yes, I can....he is not a bigot, is not prejudiced, nor a racist. In today's world, only white people can be racists.

If a black man says something racists against whites, mexicans, etc. then he is just expressing his right of dissention based on something that happened 200+ years ago.

Only whites can be racists, don't you know that?

Cal

This board really needs an emoticon for sarcasm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back