1130 users online (233 members and 897 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nancy Grace pulls the plug on Courtv

http://www.comcast.net/tv/index.jsp?...itn_nancygrace

Nancy Grace is ending her justice-themed interview and debate show, "Nancy Grace: Closing Arguments," on Court TV after 10 years with the network.
    Grace said she is leaving Court TV to focus on her legal analysis program, "Nancy Grace," on CNN Headline News and on her charitable endeavors.

every time I have ever watched "her" show on CourtTV, someone else is filling in anyway.

I never really watched Closing Arguments.

She gets vacation days just like the rest of us.

Damn, I am saddend to hear this! I love her show, even though I sometimes don't agree with her and dislike her rudeness.

CourtTv is going to be a joke soon. I am thrilled Nancy is leaving, now I can watch in the afternoons without my blood pressure going through the roof. That woman drives me UP a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by sassy_texasbelle2 View Post
    CourtTv is going to be a joke soon. I am thrilled Nancy is leaving, now I can watch in the afternoons without my blood pressure going through the roof. That woman drives me UP a wall.
    Nancy gets to me too, but less so on CourtTV. I really miss Catherine Crier.
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

Catherine Crier's show went off the air a couple of weeks ago. What happened there. I am going to miss CC much more than NG. CC has real class.

I miss Catherine Crier too, but won't miss Nancy's segment unless they don't fill in with someone else. I'm beginning to think that my dish network is having less and less to watch and beginning to not be worth the money. Does anyone know if any other satellite companies are any better?

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    I miss Catherine Crier too, but won't miss Nancy's segment unless they don't fill in with someone else. I'm beginning to think that my dish network is having less and less to watch and beginning to not be worth the money. Does anyone know if any other satellite companies are any better?
    We have Comcast, not sure if this is just a GA company or what. Anyway, it's not that great, and we have no court tv at all.

Comcast is nationwide. We have it here in Pittsburgh and get Court TV but it is not in the "Basic" tier, you have to purchase expanded programming to get it.

You can go online and type in your zipcode to find out what all is available in your area in the different "tiers" - or at least you used to be able to do this.

CourtTV was purchased by Turner Communications (Ted Turner).

They chose not to renew Catherine Crier's contract.
    I am guessing Nancy Grace chose not to re-negotiate with Turner.

Turner has announced that they will focus more on entertainment programming than court case coverage. ( )

The predictions are: It will be a mess.

We live in the WV/Ohio area and have Comcast. They just took over our service from Adelphia. I don't like it at all. Every month I call for a credit because our internet service goes down so often!

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    Comcast is nationwide. We have it here in Pittsburgh and get Court TV but it is not in the "Basic" tier, you have to purchase expanded programming to get it.

You can go online and type in your zipcode to find out what all is available in your area in the different "tiers" - or at least you used to be able to do this.
    We chose the highest package here in GA...we even get every single one of the movie channels...We looked for Court TV when we got Comcast at the beginning of the year b/c hubby loves all the different COPS shows they have, but we didn't see it listed on any of the packages.

Quote Originally Posted by mfmangel1 View Post
    CourtTV was purchased by Turner Communications (Ted Turner).

They chose not to renew Catherine Crier's contract.
    I am guessing Nancy Grace chose not to re-negotiate with Turner.

Turner has announced that they will focus more on entertainment programming than court case coverage. ( )

The predictions are: It will be a mess.

We live in the WV/Ohio area and have Comcast. They just took over our service from Adelphia. I don't like it at all. Every month I call for a credit because our internet service goes down so often!

Hey, Comcast took over for Adelphia here in GA as well, and our internet has been down SO many times...will they really give you credit?

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    Hey, Comcast took over for Adelphia here in GA as well, and our internet has been down SO many times...will they really give you credit?

Most definitely! I usually pay online, but I will call them first and give them an estimate as to how many days my service went down in the past month and tell them I expect a credit. I try to be polite and it works. I don't believe in paying full price for service I am not receiving on a continuous basis. For the past few months, our service went down every day for hours. I refuse to pay full price for that!

Call them! Tell them I said to give you a credit!

Quote Originally Posted by mfmangel1 View Post
    Most definitely! I usually pay online, but I will call them first and give them an estimate as to how many days my service went down in the past month and tell them I expect a credit. I try to be polite and it works. I don't believe in paying full price for service I am not receiving on a continuous basis. For the past few months, our service went down every day for hours. I refuse to pay full price for that!

Call them! Tell them I said to give you a credit!
    Will do, most defintely!!! We were upset about the internet being out, FOR AT LEAST 2 DAYS, but the cable service has also been out for at least one day and a half....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast