Nancy Grace pulls the plug on Courtv

every time I have ever watched "her" show on CourtTV, someone else is filling in anyway.

I never really watched Closing Arguments.

She gets vacation days just like the rest of us.

Damn, I am saddend to hear this! I love her show, even though I sometimes don't agree with her and dislike her rudeness.

CourtTv is going to be a joke soon. I am thrilled Nancy is leaving, now I can watch in the afternoons without my blood pressure going through the roof. That woman drives me UP a wall.

CourtTv is going to be a joke soon. I am thrilled Nancy is leaving, now I can watch in the afternoons without my blood pressure going through the roof. That woman drives me UP a wall.

Nancy gets to me too, but less so on CourtTV. I really miss Catherine Crier.

Catherine Crier's show went off the air a couple of weeks ago. What happened there. I am going to miss CC much more than NG. CC has real class.

I miss Catherine Crier too, but won't miss Nancy's segment unless they don't fill in with someone else. I'm beginning to think that my dish network is having less and less to watch and beginning to not be worth the money. Does anyone know if any other satellite companies are any better?

I miss Catherine Crier too, but won't miss Nancy's segment unless they don't fill in with someone else. I'm beginning to think that my dish network is having less and less to watch and beginning to not be worth the money. Does anyone know if any other satellite companies are any better?

We have Comcast, not sure if this is just a GA company or what. Anyway, it's not that great, and we have no court tv at all.

Comcast is nationwide. We have it here in Pittsburgh and get Court TV but it is not in the "Basic" tier, you have to purchase expanded programming to get it.

You can go online and type in your zipcode to find out what all is available in your area in the different "tiers" - or at least you used to be able to do this.

CourtTV was purchased by Turner Communications (Ted Turner).

They chose not to renew Catherine Crier's contract.
I am guessing Nancy Grace chose not to re-negotiate with Turner.

Turner has announced that they will focus more on entertainment programming than court case coverage. :)slap: )

The predictions are: It will be a mess.

We live in the WV/Ohio area and have Comcast. They just took over our service from Adelphia. I don't like it at all. Every month I call for a credit because our internet service goes down so often!

Comcast is nationwide. We have it here in Pittsburgh and get Court TV but it is not in the "Basic" tier, you have to purchase expanded programming to get it.

You can go online and type in your zipcode to find out what all is available in your area in the different "tiers" - or at least you used to be able to do this.

We chose the highest package here in GA...we even get every single one of the movie channels...We looked for Court TV when we got Comcast at the beginning of the year b/c hubby loves all the different COPS shows they have, but we didn't see it listed on any of the packages.

Turner has announced that they will focus more on entertainment programming than court case coverage. :)slap: )

We live in the WV/Ohio area and have Comcast. They just took over our service from Adelphia. I don't like it at all. Every month I call for a credit because our internet service goes down so often!

Hey, Comcast took over for Adelphia here in GA as well, and our internet has been down SO many times...will they really give you credit?

Hey, Comcast took over for Adelphia here in GA as well, and our internet has been down SO many times...will they really give you credit?

Most definitely! I usually pay online, but I will call them first and give them an estimate as to how many days my service went down in the past month and tell them I expect a credit. I try to be polite and it works. I don't believe in paying full price for service I am not receiving on a continuous basis. For the past few months, our service went down every day for hours. I refuse to pay full price for that!

Call them! Tell them I said to give you a credit!

Most definitely! I usually pay online, but I will call them first and give them an estimate as to how many days my service went down in the past month and tell them I expect a credit. I try to be polite and it works. I don't believe in paying full price for service I am not receiving on a continuous basis. For the past few months, our service went down every day for hours. I refuse to pay full price for that!

Call them! Tell them I said to give you a credit!

Will do, most defintely!!! We were upset about the internet being out, FOR AT LEAST 2 DAYS, but the cable service has also been out for at least one day and a half....

I actually really like Nancy Grace and her spunk. I know sometimes she needs to let people get a word in edgewise but thats just her spit-fire personality. Well I guess she is leaving the show so to that I say.Goodbye Friend!

I wonder if the night time programming is going to be really messed up too. There's already too many car case programs and I read on the court tv board that it will be lots of beach babes, car crashes, etc. I won't be watching court tv at all if they don't leave on some crime programming.

Court TV will not be the channel that we have grown use to. I get mad when in the middle of important testimony, they cut away for a commercial and then chat with guests. But it was the closest I could come to being in court. I also was able to learn about the legal ins and outs.

With cameras being allowed in the courtroom, I don't think the showing will go away, Turner will just charge for the viewing. What a shame. When there is competition, other channels showing trial excerpts, doesn't this come from the same camera? Court TV must have proven to some courts that they know how to place cameras, don't show the jury, etc.

Each of the segments have their own personality - some hosts I like, some I don't. When Nancy was a guest on LKL, I liked her best. But with Turner taking over, losing Catherine, now Nancy, the rest will soon follow. It is sad to see the end coming. I don't subscribe to any premium channels, to me the cost isn't justified. So I will really miss being able to watch justice in action.:boohoo:

We get CTV with our basic cable (TW). IMO CTV has been going downhill for a while. I like Dominick Dunne's program, "Power, Privilege and Justice".

Yes. I notice that they replaced CC's show with "Psychic Detectice" :rolleyes: What a loss. More entertainment? Does American television really need that? We get plenty of that on the regular news. What we need is more reality. If CourtTV is not going to cover court cases then they will lose me and I am sure much of the rest of their audience.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back