Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    I saw a picture of these parents on the internet and I just started crying when I looked at the face of the mother. It just broke my heart. The father had his head turned into the mother but just looking at her was heartbreaking.
    They didn't imagine in a million years that someone would break into that room and take their little girl. They were checking on the kids and it is said that the place they were at is basically crime free. They made a mistake and will probably pay for it for the rest of their lives. It will be a miracle if this little girl is found alive. They also have a set of twins..boy and girl...who are younger then Maddy. They also had invetro or something like that in order to have their children so they really wanted those babies. We've all made a bad decision here and there and thank God didn't have to pay such a high price for it.

It sounds to me like someone was watching this family and knew when the parents left and how often they checked on the kids. I thought at first that maybe they wanted a ransom thinking that the parents were rich but I haven't heard of any note so far. Whoever took Maddie must have been quick and just in and out in seconds. As we all know...we live in a scary world where you can't let your kids out of your sight for a second. It's not fair but it's a reality. There have been quite a number of kids taken from their homes never to be found or if they were found they weren't alive. I hope and pray that Maddie is found alive and alright.

I have a feeling it was someone involved in a pedo ring that had stalked them there from England, had probably seen Maddie at home in England and followed them there for a chance to snatch her. Do we know how far into the vacation the family was when this happened...like, how long had they been in Portugal, how many more days did they have left?

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    I just started following this case (I've been super busy lately) and it breaks my heart. I sure hope they find her safe and sound. Poor little girl. I just keep thinking how scared she must be and wanting her mommy and daddy.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Thanks Floh.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh View Post
    I have a feeling it was someone involved in a pedo ring that had stalked them there from England, had probably seen Maddie at home in England and followed them there for a chance to snatch her. Do we know how far into the vacation the family was when this happened...like, how long had they been in Portugal, how many more days did they have left?
    I believe they were there for a week and it was the fifth night. Someone will correct me if I am wrong. : )

I wish there had been some 'news' this weekend but nothing yet. I wonder what makes criminals feel they can just grab a child - is it spontaneous or a well planned plot? Anyway, I hope the police has investigated the staff at the dining room - esp. staff that take reservations for dinner, and the wait staff that could be in contact with known Pedophiles. I'm certainly not accusing anyone in particular but with cell phones, walkie-talkies, etc., there could easily be a lookout person and another to have grabbed Maddie.
    I wonder if the resort will come out with a policy change stating that children under the age of 12 or so, are not to be left unattended while on resort grounds. I guess it would be sort of like closing the barn door after the horse escaped but this Resort might have felt safe from the outside world but it opened to the village on one side. Unfortunately, this vacation resort will forever be associated with Madeleine's disappearance - whether the Mark Warner Resort agrees or not. (BTW, I am not blaming the resort for this - they are selling a carefree vacation - families purchase the product).

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb View Post
    I believe they were there for a week and it was the fifth night. Someone will correct me if I am wrong. : )
    Thanks, Deb.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
    I saw a picture of these parents on the internet and I just started crying when I looked at the face of the mother. It just broke my heart. The father had his head turned into the mother but just looking at her was heartbreaking.
    They didn't imagine in a million years that someone would break into that room and take their little girl. They were checking on the kids and it is said that the place they were at is basically crime free. They made a mistake and will probably pay for it for the rest of their lives. It will be a miracle if this little girl is found alive. They also have a set of twins..boy and girl...who are younger then Maddy. They also had invetro or something like that in order to have their children so they really wanted those babies. We've all made a bad decision here and there and thank God didn't have to pay such a high price for it.

It sounds to me like someone was watching this family and knew when the parents left and how often they checked on the kids. I thought at first that maybe they wanted a ransom thinking that the parents were rich but I haven't heard of any note so far. Whoever took Maddie must have been quick and just in and out in seconds. As we all know...we live in a scary world where you can't let your kids out of your sight for a second. It's not fair but it's a reality. There have been quite a number of kids taken from their homes never to be found or if they were found they weren't alive. I hope and pray that Maddie is found alive and alright.

Great post!! I pray they find this little girl and soon. Prayers to the whole family....

Just saw on the news where JK Rowling, Richard Branson, & Simon Cowell have all substantially added to the reward money for Maddie's safe return. So wonderful!! I can't imagine the self-absorbed celebs in this country ever doing anything major like this for any abducted child here, although I do remember Winona Ryder helping out and offering a reward when Polly Klaas went missing in 1993, because she was from Petaluma, CA where Polly lived.

Lord, please bring Madeleine home safely!!!! PLEASE!!!

I think they should hire investigators to do a systematic and massive simultaneous search of every apartment or house in that little town, with the sniffer dogs. If anyone refused to let their cars or houses be searched, I'd watch them carefully.

I'd put up roadblocks and not let anyone leave the town unless they first allowed their vehicles to be searched.

There are tons of people willing to help, and they could help do that, so that if Madeleine is being held nearby, the kidnapper couldn't get away after being warned of a massive ongoing search. Any adult can help look for a missing child -- they don't have to be charged with looking for evidence, like the pajamas or single hairs, and so forth.

I mean, how hard is it to look in rooms, closets, cabinets, car trunks, under large furniture, in places where a child could be stashed?

There are too many cases where missing children have been found in nearby homes after massive searches of the area turned up nothing.

I'm not too keen on worrying about people's rights to privacy when an emergency is ongoing, although I do advocate asking for consent and a policy of not arresting people if something illegal -- besides a kidnapped child -- is found in their homes.

I know that if one of my children disappeared, I'd call the police and then I'd ask everyone on the surrounding streets to let me search their house.

New search of nearby apartment ongoing

Oh wow, thanks for letting us know. I sure hope she is recovered alive, but authorities with masks on isn't a good sign.

Invisible is offline Karma can change life with the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha
    Ooohhh...that was creepy that Mr. Murat, whose apt. they are searching, joked that he was the main suspect in the kidnapping. We've seen that happen before in other cases. Let's hope that Mr. Murat is just inept at joking. Well, really, what is there to joke about? Weird.
    Karma can change life like the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha

Oh, this doesn't sound good at all. This guy lives 150 yards from Maddie's family's apartment so you know he had a chance to see her with her family, in and out. He's been inserting himself into the investigation, just like a perp who can't stand not to be a part of the search for the situation they themselves caused...and the searchers are in masks and biohazard suits?

Could be another Ian Huntley, laughing and joking one minute with police, the next being a suspect!

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast